Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

ladyfelsham said:
Cor what a lovely sounding fish dish. I don't eat salmon but it could work for any fish!

Hello! Yes it would work for any fish - I've had this cheese sauce with all sorts of fish :)

stubbsey said:
that sounds lovely i will have to try to find your recipe section x

Hello! It's in the Atkins recipe forum and called 'best cheese sauce ever' even if I say so myself!

Sorry ML didn't mean to ramble on your thread!

With lovely recipes like that?? Ramble on!

I just can't seem to feel settled with my eating just at the moment. Nothing I eat makes me feel... Idk, satisfied? I always seem to be scrabbling around in the kitchen looking for something more/different and whatever i try doesnt seem to be what i feel like. I'm not really comfortable with it - I was so settled into my eating pre Xmas that it had become effortless so it's driving me mad to be thinking about food all the time now.

Hopefully it will pass soon. I'm pretty sure it's also a side effect of me trying to procrastinate from all the work I have on, and trying to take my mind off other things.

Hm.

Anyway so, food today:

Egg mayo

Slow cooked pork shoulder

Spoonful peanut butter, bit of cheese and cucumber

Sugar free jelly with cream

Tomorrow I have to trek across to hoxton in the snow. I suspect I'll be surviving on Bunless fast food burgers to keep warm.

i had a little bit of that tonight i had lovely food and really can't say i was hungry just not satisfied. there are crisps and chocolates in the house for the boys and for steve but i didn't turn to them thank god, i just decided on a cheese and ham oopsie sandwich, still over what i should have eaten but at least it was not something bad xx

Hi ML

I know what you mean about not feeling hungry but not satisfied either sometimes on Atkins.

What I suggest is having lots of flavour - garlic/herbs etc. as that really seems to help. I find I can have quite small portions if there is plenty of flavour. I have been having egg/mayo/butter on top of a small salad tossed in oil/finely chopped red onion/garlic/basil/lemon or vinegar and topped with bacon. Soooo delicious and very satisfying!

I feel the same ml, no food is satisfying me currently. I had wondered if it it's a general feeling in this dark, dank time of year?

I really do think it's something to do with the cold making us hungrier - speaking of which:

image-590735646.jpg

I did not make my interview today. But I did make something else......

image-3430194314.jpg

Ohhh that looks freakin delish xxx

Waoh! Pancakes?! I have just discovered a low carb shop in Switzerland so ordered some sugar free maple syrup. Unfortunately, they don't stock davinci syrups so I ordered 5 bottles for my dad to bring over and a bottle of warden's farm caramel to use in the meantime!

Next week I'm doing a bootcamp and no sweetners are allowed so just have to make my last few centimetres of davinci last the weekend!

I poured out my bottle of warden farms caramel I'm afraid - everything I've tried of theirs has been seriously disgusting.

Well, today's food has been both filling and yummy - complaining yesterday obviously worked.

Food today:

2 oopsie swiss pancakes, davinci pancake syrup, butter

Courgetti with garlic cream cheese sauce and 1 quorn hot dog

Sesame five spice chicken and asparagus.

- super tasty, all of it.

Here was my lunch:

image-3119193918.jpg

And here's the recipe for breakfast:

Oopsie Swiss pancakes

You will need:

2 large eggs, separated
50g soft cream cheese
Spoonful of flax
Pinch of baking powder
Butter
Liquid sweetener and flavourings to taste.

Put the yolks in one bowl with the cream cheese, baking powder and flax. Add liquid sweetener to taste and a dash of any flavouring you like - I used French vanilla. Mix until smooth.

Using a hand blender, blend the whites until stiff peaks form.

image-447138165.jpg

Fold the yolks into the whites, keeping the mix as fluffy as possible. The mix won't be smooth, just light and lumpy.

image-2399650768.jpg

Cover a baking tray with greased parchment paper and smooth your mix onto it in one even later - the thicker your layer the thicker your pancakes will be, so not too thin.

image-1581303500.jpg

Pop into a preheated oven (fan 180 for me) for 10 minutes or until brown on top and you should be able to stick a knife in the middle and pull it out clean.

image-817137212.jpg

You can see my layer wasn't completely flat but it flattens out as it cools.

Cut into squares - I got four from one mixture which is two servings of two pancakes each.

Warm a frying pan to medium and fry your pancake squares until lightly browned on both sides.

Top with a pat of butter and davinci pancake syrup - or with cream, or with cocoa powder, or with eggs and bacon, or whatever you'd like.

Enjoy!

image-4230244697.jpg

I love the look of your food yesterday! I am going to have that courgetti with a burger for lunch -
looks amazing! How did you make the garlic cheese sauce?

And Swiss pancakes eh? It's meant to be that I try those ;-)

I also ordered the walden farms maple syrup... At least I only ordered one of each. If it"s gross, I will just have to wait until 6 March when my dad comes over with my davinci delivery!

Wow! You were cooking up a storm yesterday! Oopsie pancakes look fab :D

So which flavours of daVinci syrups do you rate? I've tried 3 so far - praline, vanilla and caramel - and only really liked the praline :/

Glad you had a satisfying food day - we need them, especially in the depths of mid-winter.

Hope today is just as good! :D

Oh yum! I just feel like having a day where I eat exactly what you did yesterday, my mouth is watering! How did you find the Da Vinci Pancake syrup?

B xx

I love the look of your food yesterday! I am going to have that courgetti with a burger for lunch -
looks amazing! How did you make the garlic cheese sauce?
!

Well it was terribly complicated. I cooked the courgette in a frying pan and when it was nearly done I chucked in 100g of cream cheese (marks and Spencer's soft cheese is my tipple) and a few pinches of garlic powder. Stirred it for a minute and put it in a plate.

Almost a Michelin level of complexity, I know. ;)

So which flavours of daVinci syrups do you rate? I've tried 3 so far - praline, vanilla and caramel - and only really liked the praline :/

Glad you had a satisfying food day - we need them, especially in the depths of mid-winter.

Hope today is just as good! :D

Today I need to cook less and do more work!!!

Funily enough I dislike the praline davinci. I've kept the bottle I have because it's not terrible but it's my least favorite. I like the caramel in a hot mug of alpro - just actually had some in tea and it was amazing and I bet it would be nice in hot choc too.

Peppermint party - their mint choc - is very nice. Liked their French vanilla in my pancakes - I haven't tried the ordinary vanilla. Threw away their English toffee for its bitter aftertaste. Pancake is nice although the maple taste could be a lot stronger.

Oh yum! I just feel like having a day where I eat exactly what you did yesterday, my mouth is watering! How did you find the Da Vinci Pancake syrup?

B xx

As above, nice but it's not thick like maple syrup and not as strong. As most maple syrups have maltitol in them, though, I'll stick with this.

I'm making them for lunch, they look fabulous!!

Hope it goes well!

Back