Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Food today:

The other two OSPancakes, butter, davinci

Egg mayo with Parma ham

Sesame 5 spice chicken and asparagus

image-2440295261.jpg

P.s. French vanilla davinci in a cup of tea - YUM

Last edited:
Okay, looks like we can't share tips on the syrups - I hate the caramel and like the praline :D (perhaps I'd better order some English toffee, lol!)

I'm totally with you on the Walden Farms stuff, though - I had the caramel and that was foul. I think I only used it once and threw the rest down the sink. Put me right off trying any more of their products, I have to say!

Looks like you had another belter of a day foodwise yesterday - hope today is just as good!

the blueberry is vile too, i have a huge bottle and i cant imagine it tasting anything other than chemical in anything i cook. wish i had not wasted my money none of the nice flavours were available when i put in my order. the pancakes look so good, will love to try them but i am struggling with things that make me crave carbs at the mo, like the low carb ketchup seems to be making me spike

Hello!

The courgetti is going to be a new favourite for me :-D. Today I had it with fresh chilli, a slice of chopped onion and half a tomato - yum yum!

Thanks for sharing all your lovely recipes.

Jane x

Okay, looks like we can't share tips on the syrups - I hate the caramel and like the praline :D (perhaps I'd better order some English toffee, lol!)

!

Bleh walden farms bleh

Try the french vanilla davinci if you like a more sort of... idk custardy taste? Tastes like expensive vanilla rather than synthetic. I haven't tried their plain vanilla though so wouldn't know to compare.

Tbh most of the flavours they have can be done at home using flavouring essence and a dash of sweetener, though.

the blueberry is vile too, i have a huge bottle and i cant imagine it tasting anything other than chemical in anything i cook. wish i had not wasted my money none of the nice flavours were available when i put in my order. the pancakes look so good, will love to try them but i am struggling with things that make me crave carbs at the mo, like the low carb ketchup seems to be making me spike

Yes I'd stay away from using syrups etc and sweet things if you're craving carbs - it's unlikely to be the actual contents that are a problem in Splenda sweetened stuff, but a sweet taste can trigger that response. Cold turkey is the best way (says she who can't live without sweet tea).

Afternoon :)

That 5 spice chicken looks amazing! And beautifully presented, too :) Not like my servings...

Haha whacked on a plate actually! It's easy to make 2 ingredients look ok ;)

Hello!

The courgetti is going to be a new favourite for me :-D. Today I had it with fresh chilli, a slice of chopped onion and half a tomato - yum yum!

Thanks for sharing all your lovely recipes.

Jane x

It's good with pesto too and low carb tomato sauce with cheese. Would be a fab base for spag Bol I'm sure. It was one of my favorite low carb discoveries - id eat it low carb or not!

Oh yes! Can imagine it would be lovely with pesto. I must try that.

Boo to Walden Farms being crapola... I haven't even received it yet. Is the sf maple syrup also awful?

I haven't tried walden farms maple syrup. I got a SF one a few years ago that was nice but laden with maltitol so not only did it stall me it meant I lived in the loo if I had a decent serving!

Thanks for that, Jane, will definitely have a poke around it later!

Food today:

Toasted buttered mim

Roast beef, celeriac, courgette, leek, asparagus

Venison and scallops

Sugar free jelly and cream

Plus some cheese to snack on. Hungry hungry hippo day again today which I really don't understand. Might try cutting out sweetners for a bit.

Hi ML,

It's the weather as well, makes you wanna get cosy and just eat. Menu sounds very nice as always x.

Afternoon, menu looks good, as always. The hungry hippies paid me a visit earlier in the day....but now I am not hungry and may even skip my dinner.

Back