Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Oh hooray jane - hope its nice.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Am currently sitting on a train feeling like a solid block of ice, this cold is really miserable for me - I'm chilly in june so January's rubbish.

Anyway I bought some prawns and some salami and will just keep in trucking my usual way and hope the old ease of doing it kicks back in. As per one of your suggestions I'm not going to worry about calories but will keep the carbs right down and fats up and, well, see what happens!

Thank you for all the replies, was just feeling so stressed and miserable this morning.

I fairly regularly go 12-18 hrs without eating already, so I probably could do 5:2, but I think if I did it officially is just end up giving myself permission to eat badly.

Well I've eaten 1800 calories today, less than 10g carbs from food, and I'm starving. And I've been starving all day. And I just had some cheese a few minutes ago. This is ridiculous. I could probably eat until it hurt and still feel like something was missing.

Sigh sigh sigh. I'd love to give myself a break but I'm not ready to stop losing weight. So either I suffer or I gain I guess.

I wasn't hungry until I ate at about 6pm. But I can't go without eating forever.

Food today:

3 egg mayo and 30g salami

Beef brisket and spring onion

Flax porridge

Lump of cheese.

Maybe worth noting that this is coinciding with another period of getting a maximum of 3hrs sleep per night. So that's probably not helping.

I don't really get nutrients from food at all really - all my nutrients get injected into my veins every few months because my body won't process food properly (long story shortly described by saying I'm not very well). Essentially I'm chronically malnourished, chronically anaemic, deficient in nearly all vitamins, minerals and trace elements. I take a lot of pills as well as getting the infusions. But none of that is new at least, though I often wonder if the fluctuations in my meds might be part cause.

(people replying to this, don't quote the above, please).

I eat the same meals because they're the only things I like really. I'm very picky and when I try new things - mince, turkey mince, lamb etc I find I can't tolerate them and end up throwing them away, which is something I can't afford to do.

I do eat rather a wide variety though. When I have the same meal twice in two days it's just because I have to use up leftovers.

I wouldn't object to more variety it's just rare to find new things I like? I must have looked at nigh on every Atkins recipe out there.

I'm always starving when I've barely slept, in the past I've just eaten non-stop on those days..I just hope it passes soon for you ML. Wrap up toasty warm!xx

Yes maybe the sleep has something to do with it. It's been a couple of weeks of only about 3 hrs per night. And work is stressful right now.

Feeling okay this morning. Not officially weighing myself but the scales are showing a nice loss - so it is worthwhile keeping on plan.

Am currently lying in my warmish bed for as long as possible before I have to venture out for my freezing train across London again. I'm going to have to wear last years winter coat - a huge feather and down filled puffy thing which is now miles too big for me, but it was very warm to wear last year and my old school coat yesterday wasn't cutting it at all, I was painfully cold. I just hope last years will still be warm even though it's too big now - and I'll put up with looking ridiculous in it.

Lack of sleep certainly won't be helping, so probably worth toughing it out and seeing if things improve - especially if the scales are moving in the right direction!:)

I looked at the 5 day weather forecast for the south-east this morning and I do believe it's supposed to be 10 degrees on Sunday - positively tropical compared to lately:eek:

A bit of tropical will be SO welcome!

i agree with the others hun, hopefully your sleep patterns will sort themselves out - we always sleep better when we have melatonin (from sunshine) in our systems, I always sleep badly in winter.

And i completely get that sort of empty craving feeling - happens regularly with me that I don't know what I want, just that I need something, and I usually eat to fill the gap.

Evening, I hope your day went well and you are back home again and warm.

Yes back under my indispensable electric blanket! Golly I hope it gets to 10 degrees, I shall go out and sunbathe.

Melatonin is available in pill form in the states. I wish it was approved here, I really feel it might help me.

Food today

Davinci pancake flavour almond cupcakes

Steak, prawns and spring onion

Salami crisps

Flax porridge

Sorry to not get round to diaries, feeling wiped and the main forum used up most of my attention span.

Can you not order the melatonin from the net? I've done so before and used it on long haul flights to help the jet lag. I'm guessing you would need approval from your medical team in order to take it with your other meds though, and therein lies the problem?

Oooh electric blanket, how lovely :) Hope you're having a good day ML xx

I actually hadn't thought about ordering it from the net. I don't think melatonin has too many interactions so it might be worth mentioning.. I've just finished my consultation rounds for a while though and an just on to the needles again. But I need to ask my gastro to change one of my meds because I hate it so maybe then...

Lady B I don't know how I lived without an electric blanket! Just got it at Xmas. It's better than my wee mini radiator as I can apply it directly to my feet.

Hmm, I might have to consider investing in one, according to my bf, I have 'cold dead feet' lol and he doesn't appreciate me warming them up on him! Haha xx

They're chilly right now because I seem to write better with cold feet?!?

Food today:

Prawns and mayo

Sixteen tons of roast chicken

Flax porridge

9 million cups of tea

Still a little hungry :/ it's only ever the late evenings.

Back