Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

i actually slept well last night first time in ages, my new bravado might just be that, bravado, tonight will tell if i sleep or lay awake moping lol...

food sounds lovely

Still so tired -_- I miss sleep.

Food:

Salami crisps & cream cheese

3 egg omelette

Steak and mushrooms

I don't know how you survive without sleep, I am always on a real downed if I don't get enough. Hope tonight is better

Hope you sleep better tonight. I went through a period of being awake from 3-5.30am each night and it was miserable.... Thankfully, all ok on the sleep front now.
Jx

I got to sleep at 4am last night which wasn't too bad as I didn't have to be up until nine... But the alarm went off at 8!!! Gah.

Now home and so exhausted but if I sleep it will only be for an hour and I'll lose any chance of sleeping tonight. I hate these phases. They are interspersed with phases where I can sleep for 18 hrs a day which is no better, really.

Oh ML lack of sleep is awful. My son still has insomnia in america and I feel so helpless. Keep sending him all kinds of weird potions.

Hope you sleep well tonight. x

I wonder what's causing it for your son. Does he take any vitamins/minerals?

Food is:

Salami crisps

Cheddar and peanut butter with celery

Sesame 5 spice chicken

Lack of sleep is a pain in the behind, people don't realise how much it can affect you - poor love xxx

I woke at 4 when Her Upstairs came in, presumably after a naughty night somewhere, then woke again at 6, having drenched the sheets...but thankfully there's hardly anyone around today to notice that I can barely string a sentence together :)

Aww Susie I hope you get some rest tonight my love.

Well, I said I'd be happy if I ended January the same weight as I was when I started December so:

image-2259593861.jpg

I guess I'm happy! That picture may be upside down but should say 10st 10lbs.

I gained a full stone over my 3 weeks off at Xmas!!!!!! And it's taken me 3 weeks to recover from instead of the usual 1-2 - maybe because I'm now a bit closer to goal than I was during the last break I took in August.

I don't feel bad about January being a technical write off though, really. I had my break and I recovered from it.

Things will likely go slower from now on. I will be having two meals off plan - one on feb 9th and one on march 9th, both for very big birthdays for people I've let down before last year when I didn't want to come off plan. So they'll slow me. But I'll deal with it.

Its been a tough old January as people who read this will know, but I'm glad I stuck with it even when it was so hard to do and so tempting to throw in the towel. Keep on keeping on, lads.

Well done!!!!!

I dream of seeing that on the scales but I doubt I ever will as even when I was 20, I couldn't get the scale to budge below 11 stone (think I saw 10st13 once!)

Very well done ml. May I pick your brain on your menu's? It looks on paper like you don't eat much, but in reality do you have reasonably ample portions? I'm trying to gauge how much roughly to have for good weight loss, like you.

Thank you guys. It's a relief! There were a few days when I thought I wouldn't get back here.

Well done!!!!!

I dream of seeing that on the scales but I doubt I ever will as even when I was 20, I couldn't get the scale to budge below 11 stone (think I saw 10st13 once!)

You're miles and miles taller than me though, I'm a midget, and height makes a huge difference to BMI. I jealously glare at people who are just an inch or two taller than me and yet get to be the same BMI at a stone heavier. That's the only real merit to bmi (which is essentially a flawed system) it makes a better comparison point than just weight as it factors height into the equation.

For example the lower end of my healthy bmi scale is about 7 stone! My mum who is two inches taller than me weighed about 7.5 in her early 20s and even she says she was too thin then.

My main target is getting to a healthy BMI (9st 10lb) and then I'll think about getting to somewhere between 9 and 9.5 stone to give myself a bit of a buffer. I don't need to be extra skinny, especially as my doctor says I'm carrying around a lot of weight just in excess skin (groooooooss).

Very well done ml. May I pick your brain on your menu's? It looks on paper like you don't eat much, but in reality do you have reasonably ample portions? I'm trying to gauge how much roughly to have for good weight loss, like you.

Well in the last couple of weeks I've been eating up to 2000 calories a day - which is above what traditional calorie counting would say is my maintenance amount (the highest day was 2100 calories) but its come down a bit as my appetite decreased and - bearing in mind I'm 5'2" so need less than a taller person - most days I eat around 1500 calories. There's always the odd day over or under but I plan my menus to roughly that amount and it seems to even out there.

When my calories get too low I stop losing and even gain. It's happened several times now, documented in this diary, so unless I'm sick or post infusion I do try to keep my cals up.

I actually eat quite a lot, I feel - you've seen pictures of some of my portions - but I'd say my main calorie bulk comes from pure fat. If I'm having lean steak and scallops I'll oil the steak and add a tbsp or so of butter to cook the scallops in, then tip what remains in the pan over the steak. I keep my fat percentages high - between 65 and 70 percent works for me and if I feel like I need a boost I'll take them higher than that.

Today I'm planning on eating 400g of pork belly! So I definitely wouldn't say I'm restrictive on amounts.

When I have steak it's a 130g portion of fillet. Scallops - 100g. 3 egg Omelettes with 30g cheese or up to 60g if I'm starved and haven't eaten enough. 200-300g chicken for sesame chicken, depending what I have leftover. 400-500g of a freshly roasted chicken.

I will say when I eat 400g of meat in a day it's usually over a couple of meals.

Back