Moonwatcher's JUDDD diary

Crumpets and wine on clifftops sounds fabulous :) I quite fancy getting a campervan of my own now!

I think 5:2 can do slightly wierd things to your appetite. I have found that I haven't fancied meals all the time on up days and its pretty difficult to not just snack then, even though you end up consuming just as many calories.

Back on a fast day today which has been ok. Still not entirely sure what I am going to do dietwise but any decisions are going to be postponed until I get back from London at the very earliest.

Yes, enjoy your London trip without thinking about dieting. It (dieting!) will still be here when you get back! Plenty of time to decide what you are going to do then.

Food for Monday 11th March

Down day today.

Breakfast - earl grey tea (20 cals for milk)

Lunch - WW tomato soup and a fruit bar (141 cals)

Dinner - Prawn and chorizo stir fry with chilli, garlic, half each of a yellow and green pepper, small carrot, half an onion, soy sauce, tspn tomato puree, lemon juice and smoked paprika, served with a packet of zero noodles. (301 cals)

Was quite impressed with the noodles - rinsed them several times, then heated them in a pan of boiling water with a stock cube dissolved in it. Very tasty dinner! Will be buying them again for the pantry.

Drinks - water, black coffee, one more earl grey tea (20 cals for milk)

Cannot really be hungry, as I only had the stir fry about an hour ago, but my stomach seems to think I am! In bed watching tv, so will have a couple of glasses of no sugar squash. 482 cals so far, so can fit them in.

Dinner sounds really good. Never would have thought about doing anything non-stirfry-y with the zero noodles but your dish sounds really good. I do find myself defaulting to the zero noodles quite often on a fast day which is quite an expensive habit. Think I need to ration them to once every couple of weeks.

I find going to bed early the most reliable way to overcome the hunger/ cravings on a fast day. Although yesterday 5 chocolate coffee beans might have helped... I wonder if we will get more used to it over time and not experience the same degree of hunger/ cravings. I now know logically that they will pass and that i can just wait and have whatever it is I want the following day although it doesn't always feel like that mid-way through a fast!

I managed to get some of the coffee beans in Lidls, but they had sold out of the chocolate cherries. :(

Well, I'm not sure if it was the noodles or the stir fry veg, but I had an awful day yesterday. My IBS/food reaction kicked off. That does at least explain the 'empty feeling' I mentioned after eating, as that is a warning of it to come, but at the time I didn't make the connection. Bad pains all day, although I managed to get through work with gritted teeth, painkillers and peppermint capsules, but by the time I got home I was literally doubled up with the pain spasms, so went to bed with more paracetamol, peppermint and the electric blanket.

So although yesterday was an up day, I managed very little after lunch. In the morning I had half a bagel with melted cheese, two pieces of rye bread with cream cheese and smoked salmon for lunch. Just couldn't face a meal when the OH ate his sausages, mash and beans, but managed two cold sausages later, and a curly wurly (a very balanced meal!)

Today is technically a down day, and at the moment I do not feel like eating much anyway, but if I feel hungry as the day goes on I will eat a bit more than the 500 if I feel I need to. My stomach is swollen up by three inches because of the spasms, and very tender. Feel totally washed out and still sickly, so am in bed with the electric blanket, the TV, my computer and the latest issue of the Good Food mag! Will have to avoid fruit and veg today or it may set it off again. So far I have had:

Breakfast: half an ounce of porridge oats with almond milk and a teaspoon of honey (101 cals)

Plan for Lunch - probably a cold sausage with a little english mustard (126 cals)

Plan for Dinner - half a pack of lemon and coriander couscous with half a tin of tuna (251 cals)

That will come to 478 cals, so we'll see. How I feel at the moment that will be enough, but I'll play it by ear as the day goes on. A sneaky scale peak this morning showed a pound down, and usually I 'hang on' to weight if I'm not well, so I'm hoping that will stick and maybe pick up a friend for WI on Thursday.

Oh no that sounds horrible! Hope you've felt better as the day goes on. The bed/ tv/ magazine/ electric blanket sounds great. I had a somewhat similar day myself today as I was off work ill due to feeling rotten overnight. Felt much better through the day so kind of enjoyed my day off. Which I feel slightly guilty about.

Thanks Ladybird and Atomic. I do feel a lot better today in myself, but now this morning have awful diarrhoea (sorry, prob tmi around breakfast time) I have phoned in sick for another day, which I really didn't want to do, but I just dare not risk it. :( I'm trying to make a good impression as when I got this post I gave up a permanent contract for this temporary contract, and I really want it renewed in September. Just have to hope it doesn't go against me as I have had glowing feedback, and get back in to work asap.

Anyway, today is an up day. Yesterday's down day wasn't quite on track as 8 Lidl's Jaffa cakes slid into my mouth in addition to my planned fasting meals. I swear they modify them with sheep or lemming genes. Have you noticed how it is never just one - several others mysteriously follow them?

The scales have been kind though with 1.5 lbs shed this week, and weigh in was before the er, bathroom issues started this morning, so that's a pretty genuine figure. Pleased with that as Friday was an inbetween day and yesterday wasn't perfect, although I suppose they were compensated for by not having as much as usual on Tuesday.

Pleased for you with the 1.5lb loss. That sounds like a really good result for the week. Well done.

Jaffa cakes are pack animals aren't they? I discovered the other week that WW now do jaffa cake bars which are basically oblong jaffa cakes. Individually wrapped so not the same temptation to have more than one and they are only about 75 calories each. I have had to hide them from OH though as I don't think them being individually wrapped would be much of a deterent from him consuming them in mutiples...

I am sure the time off sick won't count against you when they are deciding about a permanent contract for September. The glowing feedback should definitely be the thing that counts. And pretty sure they wouldn't want you going in feeling like you were this morning and sharing that with them would they? Hope you feel properly better soon.

Thanks Atomic. Jaffa cakes are the only biscuit I absolutely cannot stop at one! (I know they are not really a biscuit, but I eat them with a cuppa, so they are to me!)

If I get another school year's contract in September, then I am on the way to a permanent contract, as if you are employed in the post for two years then they have to make the post permanent. Strictly speaking though I didn't start in the post until October, so that may not apply until the next year! I am hoping for the best...

OH was in an accident on way to work this morning. Someone coming the other way lost control on the icy road and hit his work van front driver's side. No-one hurt thankfully, other car a write off and around £4000 of damage to his van. Could have been a lot worse - it is a real accident blackspot - sadly two women died in an accident there a few days ago. It is a main A road and hadn't even been gritted! OH said it was like a sheet of glass.

Will be indulging in a small chinese shortly - probably capital ribs in sauce - might not have anything else with it, as still not got my appetite back properly. Feel full and hungry at the same time!

OH is finally ordering it now - ribs and a couple of spoons of egg fried rice it is! Won't eat all the ribs. Calories for the day will be around 2500 including chinese and the chocolate coated coffee beans I have been nibbling on!
Breakfast was a bagel with cinnamon, cream cheese and maple syrup, lunch was a cheese, tomato and onion roll. No fruit or veg for me today really - too soon to risk it. Stomach settled down a lot though.

Have just finished my yarn wig for tomorrow's non uniform and silly hair day at school, in aid of Comic Relief. I am rather pleased with it. It is a touch 'Ice Queen' meets 1960s TV sci-fi series!

For a few weeks I am having Fridays as an 'inbetween' day. I seem to be losing better the last couple of weeks, which I am really happy with. :D Of course I don't know if keeping a check on my cals on my updays this week has made a difference - even though I am not adding them up until the end of the day, I would think that the fact I am going to add them up later may have made me a bit more careful with what I have been eating. On the other hand I feel as if I have eaten more than previous weeks on several of my up days this last week.

Who knows? I think that on every part of this forum there are posts about how illogical losses can be on diets, and most of us have had those experiences of not losing when we think we deserve it, and maybe losing when we don't think we deserve it!

Anyway, I could not face a soup lunch today, and because of wig making (!) for school today I had not prepared or organised anything else. I had a small portion of macaroni cheese from the canteen for lunch - probably not brilliant, but better than the other options of pizza, breaded fish, chips etc., (Friday is always the 'unhealthy' day choices!) I did ignore the Comic Relief fundraising stalls of cakes etc. (well I ignored the cakes - I donated anyway) and OH and I are currently debating what to order in for dinner tonight in front of the TV. He fancies pizza; so do I, but I know I should really pick something else, so a bit of internal dialogue is going on at the moment! Going to watch my calories a bit over the weekend and Tuesday and have two fast days on Monday and Wednesday.

I went for the small chicken shish kebab in the end, with my own low fat mayo for sauce. I though it was a considerably better choice than a 12 inch meat feast pizza! My halo slipped though, well it was more dislodged, by the free garlic bread they sent, (two small slices) and a small sliver of OH's pizza. Cals yesterday therefore came to 1507 ish, as best as I can work it out. A big up day on Thursday as well! Out of interest the scales are up two pounds this morning, but that is no surprise.

I reckon that I have about 6000 - 6500 calories left to get through to Thursday morning, to roughly match my calorie consumption for last week. 500 each on Monday and Wednesday leaves me 5000 - 5500 for the weekend and Tuesday. I think I will carry on with my calorie round up at the end of each day for this week and just keep in mind that I can't go too mad this weekend! We are probably not going out anywhere, so that should help.

how scary about your oh accident glad no one was hurt

just subscribing to your diary:)
Hi and thanks for subscribing. He is fine thanks, but it certainly makes you think, as it so easily could have been a lot worse. The gritting in this area has been really bad for this latest spate of icy weather.

Hmmmm, well today's upday is planned...

Breakfast (already consumed with vigour!) 2 crumpets, butter and jam, 2 cups of tea.

Lunch in about an hour - chorizo, cheese and herb omelette with tomatoes

Dinner - 3 Tesco finest pork and spiced apricot sausages, with baked beans and mash.

Snacks - some Cadbury's choc, a few chocolate coffee beans and maybe a packet of cheese and onion crisps, maybe a cider or a bloody mary. I've put 'maybe' because I find I don't always want the stuff I have planned as treats for an up day.

A bit miffed because my IBS still hasn't settled down since Tuesday, so I am still having to avoid most fruit/veg. Tomatoes are about all I can tolerate without setting it off, although I have a melon which I may risk, if it is ripe enough.Otherwise I hope the beans will compensate a bit (not totally convinced they go with spiced apricot sausages - normally I would do something with veg instead!) I also have some tomato juice in the fridge - hence the planned bloody mary. I suppose it still counts as one of my five a day?

Didn't have the sausages yesterday in the end so have them for today instead. Calories yesterday were 2086. Not very hungry today. So far have had a hot cross bun with butter and a cup of tea. Just about to have a coffee with cream. I love this diet... here I am, on a day when I can have whatever I want, and I'm not pigging out, or craving anything. Actually thinking I may have a soft boiled egg with soldiers for lunch. Plus I am looking forward to my Down day tomorrow. I think this way of eating is a keeper for me.

aaargh Moonwatcher you are killing me DD for me today, I never plan my ups I just stare in the fridge and see what takes my fancy!

aaargh Moonwatcher you are killing me DD for me today, I never plan my ups I just stare in the fridge and see what takes my fancy!
Ah sorry! I think it was Atomic Pink who suggested we should have some sort of DD filter button on posts, so we wouldn't be tormented by UD food posts!

When I first started JUDDD, I was in the shop each Friday night stocking up on all the goodies I had planned for my double UP day weekend. I found really quickly though that I didn't eat them all because I didn't want them all. Now I'm so much more laid back about it. OH has just made a coffee and in the past I always would have wanted something with it - biscuits, chocolate... Today there are no biscuits in the house, and I'm not bothered at all. I can go and get some later if I really want some, but I probably won't bother. Knowing I can always have them later in the week too has stopped them from being a 'forbidden fruit.'

Cover your eyes Lanarkwitch and those on a DD!

Lunch was a Spanish frittata with garlic, herbs, chorizo, chillies, olives and cheeeeeeese!

Snack of a few chocolate coated coffee beans

Dinner will be the aforementioned pork and spiced apricot sausages!

Is it just because I'm bored, or is it very quiet on here this weekend?

Back