morbidly obese to cheerfully overweight!

Hi Sonya

Really sorry you felt low the other day though guess it happens to us all sometimes hey, better to feel the feelings than eat em - something like that

I can relate to what you say very much, i too wish I hadn't wasted so much time on my current relationship - or that it would have been more fulfilling or something and I relate very very much to the sadness of not being a mum :(

Am glad you had a brighter day today (And I love a bit of bread and butter mmm :p)

thankyou blossums... I'm sorry to hear that you can relate to it, but thanks for sharing - life doesnt always go as we would like it to, and it could be a lot worse, I know... and sometimes I look at the struggles and responsibilities so many of my friends with kids have, (especially if they end up caring for them alone) and I am thankful to be footloose and fancy free... but there will always be a bit of me that (emotionally) would like to be a mum...

are you still in the unfulfilling relationship? If so, I hope you can either make it work, or make a change... it's hard I know.

yep, bread and butter is lovely... :D too lovely for me to resist, that's why I only buy those warburtons sandwich thins, and keep em in the freezer!:sigh:

You're right things could definately be a lot worse and sometimes I am sure the 24/7 thing of being a parent must be exhausting but hey, we feel the way we do don't we. Think the urge to be a mum can be incredibly strong sometimes

Am still in the relationship yes, Am currently trying to look after myself and do some of the things I haven't gone ahead with before because I wanted us to do them together

It may be the case that we will end up splitting up, will have to see how it goes :)

I hope you'll tell me what Warburton thins are? Sounds promising!
All the best
x

Am currently trying to look after myself and do some of the things I haven't gone ahead with before because I wanted us to do them together

that sounds familiar... these things can hold us back, but getting out is scary too... I only got out when he decided to leave.. I didn't have the confidence in myself, and felt he was too needy to cope alone... but he made the decision, which made it easier for me I suppose.

Warburtons sandwhich thins are square flatbread things - 100 cals each, 6 in a pack. They are softer than a pitta, but less 'bready' than bread! (if that makes any sense at all!) - handy for fishfinger sarnies etc! You can get them in morrisons and asda!

Yes you are right, think i am learning not to let it hold me back so much

I shall look out for those Warburton thingies, will be popping into Morrisons tm :)

all the best
x

Hi Sonya! Its been a while since I visited your diary. In fact I havnt been on minis very much for a while. I was on holiday for the whole of July, then when I got back I went down with a fluey virus bug thing and am still struggling with it. My first week back from hols I was all guns blazing to get back into diet mode and lost most of what I had gained in a few days. But then I let things slip, I was just feeling unwell and pretty lazy, and when that happens I get lazy about shopping and cooking properly and end up eating crap.

Im back on track now though, I set myself a 3 day challenge this week to have 3 perfect diet days and I think ive lost 7lb. I still need to lose another 5lb to get back to pre holiday weight, but im sure i will do it during September. The next 2 days are going to be tricky as I have a friend coming for dinner tomorrow eveing and a big family party on Saturday. But come Sunday I will set myself another 3 day challenge to have another 3 perfect diet days.

Its good to see you are still losing weight. When I last posted here I think you had 25lb to lose and now I see you are 18lb off target. You must be feeling great to be getting so close to goal now. Well done you!

Hi folks, yes I'm good thanks... I've had a bit of a funny blip though - I got an infection in the top of my foot which turned out to be something called cellulitis, so I had a week on strong antibiotics which left me feeling a bit grotty, and upset my stomach... and I seemed to put on a few lbs at the same time.. whether the two are related or not, I don't know, but I'm 12 stone 6 at the moment, and aiming for 11 stone, so still got 20lbs to go as of today... I'm watching what I eat more carefully this week, so am hoping that will go again!

Lynn, hope you are feeling better and are back on track - it is hard work whether losing or maintaining, and being not on the ball for a few days can make a difference.

Blossums - hope you are well - I must go and catch up on your diary!

Is good to hear how you are though am sorry you were ill, think it's understandable to put on a bit when you're ill isn't it, it disrupts everything

Hope you are feeling a bit better and hope you have a good week :)

thankyou, I'm ok, ta!

Got on the scales the day before yesterday, and had gone down to 12 stone 2, but this morning I was 12 st 6 - but it is the totm... so I'm hoping that will go ASAP!

Will keep on persevering, slowly but surely!

I'm not being ever so careful about what I'm eating, but at least no gain, so I am optimistic that it will drop again, when I pay a bit more attention to my diet!

and I'm back down to 12 stone 3 again this morning!! :)

Oh the mysteries of weight loss... :rolleyes: - still, its going in the right direction, gradually - it seems to be very slow, but I have to remember that I stuck at 14 stone 2 for ages at the start of the year... I began to think I was destined not to lose any more, but now almost another 2 stone has gone...

Good for you :D Isn't it strange how you can go up and down so much day by day!
Do you feel really pleased with how much you've lost over all? It's gonna sound silly bit 12 st 2 sounds so tiny to me!

All the best luv :)

It's gonna sound silly bit 12 st 2 sounds so tiny to me!

All the best luv :)

Doesn't sound silly at all... not so long ago it sounded that way to me too!! (its a long way down from 17 stone!:eek:)

Yes, I am very, very pleased.. went to somewhere I used to work last week, and people didnt recognise me at first... when I said 'hello' the penny dropped.... got loads of compliments, which was good for the ego!

I forget how much I've lost, I still think its not that noticable, but it must be I guess... it's rather strange though.

Also, I saw the ex last week for the first time in over a year... everyone told me he had lost loads of weight...

To be fair, he has lost some, perhaps three stone, but is still bigger than when I met him, whereas I'm at least a stone less than he has ever seen me...

I felt quite good about that (it wasn't a pleasant experience, seeing him, but the weight loss made me feel that at least I looked ok!!)

Anyway, I think I'm going to write a diet book: yesterday, I ate tuna steak, potatoes and peas for lunch, then had the healthy option for tea - a pint of guinness, a packet of peanuts and a bag of crisps :8855: (went to the pub after a late evening at work) - and I lost 1 lb!!!

Ooh... I'm also wearing size 12 jeans today - bought them a few weeks ago, when my 14s started to get loose, but they were a little too snug - tried them on again today, and they fit!!!

Another stone and 2 lbs to go.... gotta keep on!

Last edited:
Doing so very well Sonya, well done! and great news old workmates not recognising you, bet that felt so good! Sorry to hear seeing ex upset you a bit..but good things and good times are around the corner hun, don't worry!

Have a great day and a happy weekend :)

oooh 12 stone 2!!!!! :)..*sigh* lucky lucky lucky woman :)

Wow Sonya size 12? :bliss: and LOL at the guinness dinner (they do say guinness is nutritious tho eh ;))

It's funny how you can lose 5 stone and yet somehow the brain doesn't update it's image of you innit

Musta felt really good to be so much slimmer than the ex tho sorry it wasn't good to see him

All the best luv
x

thanks guys... yes, at least I was looking good when the ex appeared out of the blue... it was sort of gratifying to see the look of surprise on his face:p

I keep feeling like I'm not losing, but I have lost 9lbs since june, so it is still going, just slowly... must keep remembering that!!

right, I'm back.. had a bit of a break from it all, and have put on a few lbs... but it's not too bad.. hovering about 12 stone 6-7 at the moment, aiming to get below 12 stone before the summer - but I'm not sure when that will start... maybe I should aim for sometime in June...?

Back