More questions -sorry!

Sez

has started again!!
Thanks for your tips on my other psot re Cd v Atkins. I really think low carb is the route I want to take, especially now with the BBQ season coming up!! I make my own carb free burgers, and its been murder sipping a shake and watching the family munch through them, at times!

Which low carb is the best one the go for? I am thinking Atkins but wondered if there is a choice, as such?

I have read the stickys at the top of the page here too, which are very helpful too. Should I still buy the book & where from?

Also, I should be in Ketosis now as I am supposed to be doing CD right now, but I have failed miserably & I am starting to lose faith in myself & my own ability to lose weight. I wish a gazillion times I has deviated from SS when I was in the honeymoon period, its so true that the first time is the golden time, isnt it?

Any how, no ketosis here now!! :cry:Would it take long to get back in with Atkins and is it as agonising as with CD?

I am off for two meals out next weekend, so might just low carb-ish before then, then begin in earnest on the following Monday. Good idea or no?

Sorry to be such a pain, but you guys are the ones whose opinions I really value, as with Minis'ers!!!

xx

Hi,
I only really know of Atkins, but some one was talking about "pig2twig" diet, which is low carb too.
There are a few people on here that manage perfectly well without the book, you can get most of the info on the internet.
The book is quite cheap on ebay if you wanted it anyway.
I think ketosis can start as early as 48 hours on Atkins, once your body has used it`s stores of carbs.
I think going low carb for a few days is a good idea to get your body used to the changes....
Personally i don`t find Atkins agonising what so ever, the amount you can eat is quite alot(as long as it`s the right stuff)

Any way good luck with starting and your future weight loss x

Thanks Buffydog. Iam pretty certain this is the route I want to take now. I will try to low carb for the next week or so, then do Atkins proper from early July.

What kind of weight losses can i expect? I am hoping to lose around 3 stone give or take?? This should then give me a BMI close to 25! (For the first time ever!!!)

Weight loss varies quite alot, I`ve lost 14lb in 4 weeks, this is with hardly any exercise, also TOTM which lasted 2 weeks(so i should`ve lost more).
And i don`t feel like i`m on a diet as such.

sounding more & more like this is where I need to be, thanks for tips!

Will give it some very serious thought now, as have diet hopped so many times before that I need to be a certain as I can be that this one will take me to the end of the track!!!

I'm another CD-er that's moved to Atkins, and I can't rate it enough :) I think the weekly average is 2-3lbs per week, although the first fortnight it comes off much quicker than that. Good luck with your decision :)
The thing to remember is that you are losing weight and eating the most delicious foods, and never feel hungry, it's a win win situation!

Just a quick thanks to you again! Decision made & have just printed the list of induction foods from the Atkins website. I am off to Asda later on, and will stock up on loads of yummy chicken, cheese, fish, salad, eggs and mayo.... (Diet...what diet!!!)

Seriously tho, I really hope I can actually do this. FOR ME....no-one else!!!!!! Fingers crossed!!

long time no see sez! good to have you aboard,

sero bars are brilliant and only 1.5net carbs per bar, both flavours are tasty, get them from www.avidlite.com a box of 24 only £11 something.

sue xx

long time no see sez! good to have you aboard,

sero bars are brilliant and only 1.5net carbs per bar, both flavours are tasty, get them from www.avidlite.com a box of 24 only £11 something.

sue xx

thanks for the tip!! Have just ordered two boxes of them, one of each flavour!! Hope they are nice or they'll be on Ebay!!

Can I have them in the indicution phase or do I need to wait a couple of weeks?

Quite excited about all this now!! Just planning my food diary for next week and the thought of actually taking a lunch box to work again is really good!! (How sad am I!!) I think egg and tuna salad with mayo sounds fantastic at the mo....oh and I will take some cream for my coffe as they "only" have semi-skimmed in the work fridge!!!!! LOL!!!

(Seriously would semi milk do much harm?? cant quite get my head around creamy coffee after all that black stuff on CD & LL!!)

I use them as a snack during the day or 1 for breakfast,

sue xx

good luck xxxx

I have cream, you could buy yourself a little carton and keep it in your work fridge, or alternatively still have black, I dont know whether having milk will slow down the effects, dont know how much carbs are in milk.

sue x

Back