More questions

liz0703

Silver Member
Hopefully I should be at this stage in just over 4 weeks (Scary!!). Just a few queries I would like to ask, so a can prepare in advance.

Butter/marg? Which one does eveyone use and which brand, or are we best avoiding either.

Milk? Semi or skimmed? I don't drink it plain, although I know I should, just added to coffee, or cereal as I might start to have for breaky.

Snacks? If you are really desperate for something to eat, apart from fruit, what do you have? I was thinking perhaps making a big batch of home made soup and freezing it for those revenous moments, or low fat/salt crackers with low fat soft cheese spread with salad.

Yoghurts? Which ones? Never used to eat yoghurts (apart from the really naughty creamy ones occasionally). But at work they all have a yoghurt after their lunch.

Sorry about all the q's, just want to try and get everything in order.

Thanks.

Hopefully I should be at this stage in just over 4 weeks (Scary!!). Just a few queries I would like to ask, so a can prepare in advance.

Butter/marg? Which one does eveyone use and which brand, or are we best avoiding either.

Milk? Semi or skimmed? I don't drink it plain, although I know I should, just added to coffee, or cereal as I might start to have for breaky.

Snacks? If you are really desperate for something to eat, apart from fruit, what do you have? I was thinking perhaps making a big batch of home made soup and freezing it for those revenous moments, or low fat/salt crackers with low fat soft cheese spread with salad.

Yoghurts? Which ones? Never used to eat yoghurts (apart from the really naughty creamy ones occasionally). But at work they all have a yoghurt after their lunch.

Sorry about all the q's, just want to try and get everything in order.

Thanks.

I don't use any spread, if I need moisture I use low fat salad dressing or laughing cow light. Sandwiches I moisten with tomato & cucumber.

I use skimmed milk. Anything else tastes too creamy to me.

Snacks would be fruit, a small handful of seeds or nuts, fat free fromage frais on its own or with fruit or granules of sugar free jelly stirred in, a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese, maybe a cheese string or a baby bel. But I'm talking about on maintenance now - not refeed!

I don't really eat yoghurts, prefering the fat free fromage frais myself but you'd be fine with any of the fat free varieties - the shape (I've forgotten the name of them) ... those that are supposed to fill you up for longer are supposed to be very good. Again I'm talking about maintenance. What you can have on refeed is quite clear on the refeed literature.

Hope this helps xx

Hi, thanks for that, my question was directed at maintenance. Covering my re-feed queries in the re-feed section.

Butter/marg? Do you have toast? If I was to use any type of these, I would only have a scraping, not drowned in it like I used to!! I don't use butter on sandwiches, think it was just toast (will be switching to WW grainy bread) I would need some moisture on.

Milk. I have already took the steps to converting my boys to skimmed, they think it tastes nicer because it has a red top, bless them. However, I have noticed that a lot of small shops do not have it, so I will stock up I think when I do my big shop. Cravendale milk lasts a while, so I might switch to that.

Would the soup or the crackers and fat free cheese be too calorific as a snack? Not a fan of nuts (apart from cashew, and I am sure they are not allowed lol) or dried fruits. I want something fairly low fat/calorie to hit the spot if I am really ravenous in between meals, however, I will try my best not to get into the snacking habit.

Yoghurt's- Yes, i had in my mind the one's that are supposed to make u feel fuller, just couldnt remember the name.

Thanks again for that. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi, thanks for that, my question was directed at maintenance. Covering my re-feed queries in the re-feed section.

Butter/marg? Do you have toast? If I was to use any type of these, I would only have a scraping, not drowned in it like I used to!! I don't use butter on sandwiches, think it was just toast (will be switching to WW grainy bread) I would need some moisture on.

Milk. I have already took the steps to converting my boys to skimmed, they think it tastes nicer because it has a red top, bless them. However, I have noticed that a lot of small shops do not have it, so I will stock up I think when I do my big shop. Cravendale milk lasts a while, so I might switch to that.

Would the soup or the crackers and fat free cheese be too calorific as a snack? Not a fan of nuts (apart from cashew, and I am sure they are not allowed lol) or dried fruits. I want something fairly low fat/calorie to hit the spot if I am really ravenous in between meals, however, I will try my best not to get into the snacking habit.

Yoghurt's- Yes, i had in my mind the one's that are supposed to make u feel fuller, just couldnt remember the name.

Thanks again for that. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I don't tend to have toast - prefering to go for a lower GL more filling breakfast like granola or weetabix with berries or something similar but if I did I'd spread it with a laughing cow light. If it aint proper butter or at the very least clover, I don't really like it .... but that's just me.

I don't know if the soup or crackers and fat free (?? IS there such a thing?:)) cheese would be too calorific - not meaning to sound as though I'm taking the mick but it would depend on the calories ;) ... it's just that to me they both sound more like a meal than a snack ... again that's probably just me .. xx

Agree with Jan, the only difference I eat are,

Toast - always wholemeal, and i use a cheese triangle as a spread, laughing cow extra lite.

Milk, I stuck to skimmed in refeed, but now I am maintaining and dont want to lose no more, I have gone back to semi skimmed.

Yogurt, I use Total, Greek yogurt 0% fat, then I add this to fresh or frozen berries, even a teaspoon of honey for extra sweetness if required.

I stick to fruit if I feel I need a snack between meals, but any home made vegetable soup which is fat free would be good as a hot snack in between.

When maintaining, I have been staying within about 4lbs. If I do have a day where I have maybe overdone the carbs, or sweets, I just cut down for a day or two afterwards and it evens itself out.

Moderation is the key, dont deprive yourself of anything, but in small quantities and you will be fine.

All the best for re-feed and maintenance.

I usually avoid bread and have porridge/weetabix (with semi-skimmed milk) for breakfast, but if I do have it I eat it with a scrambled egg for protein on wholemeal/granary toast- it fills me up nicely! If I'm stuck and 'have' to have a sandwich, I use very low fat hellmanns or cottage cheese for 'moisture'.
I'm a big fan of home-made soups as a snack. I cook up a big batch and freeze it in portion sizes. I always have a small pot in the fridge for 'emergencies'! LOL!
I don't like yoghurt or fruit, and tend to snack on rice cakes or ryvita/crispbreads with tomato/cottage cheese/lean ham (one, not all!)
HTH?

Back