More Syns if you exercise?

This may be a silly question, but if you exercise could you have more syns?

i'm going to a 50 min body pump class tommorrow. apparantly you burn between 500-700 calories.

I'm using Flexi syns anyway tommorrow for a meal out and adjusting the syns for the rest of the week.

I just wondered how much difference using an extra 10 syns this week would make to my weight loss, taking into account the body pump (i'm also going again on Tues and weigh in is on Thurs)

Thanks x

Personally I wouldnt increase syns because of increased exercise... doesnt that defeat the purpose of taking the exercise?

Exercise is not always going to be beneficial to your weight loss though especially if you're not used to taking exercise and your suddenly do 2 body pump classes in 1 week - there's been a lot of posts about this on here recently so have a read around :)

Thanks for replying. You are right
I have introduced the exercise to help tone and burn fat.

I'll have a search for old thread too

Thanks

Just as already said.

It depends also on what you want most, more treats or faster loss? I have more than the usual allowance for Syns (I won't say how many) but I get 8-10 hours exercise per week. I'm sure if I cut down the Syns I would lose more but I have a real weakness for chocolate!

Body pump is a weights class so will build lean muscle, so you might actually niotice an increase in weight for a few weeks, but take your measurements as you will problably still be getting slimmer.
I would just flexi-syn and forget about it.
I go to spin 3 times a week, bodypump 2 times and pilates 2 times plus boxercise once and I don't allow myself extra syns, but then if I do go over now and again I find myself more fogiving and don't beat myself up about it!
On the class cal burning part, I burn around 300-400cals in my 45min bodypump and believe me I give it my all! If you are really keen on exercising and finding out your cal burn I recommend a HRM watch, I'd be lost without mine! I've already burned 2450 cals this week through just exercise, and hope to get another 1000 or so notched on over the weekend! Good luck! PS you'll love pump, 6wks and your body will be noticablly different! x

In her best Diana Ross voice:

"Every morning, six till eight,
To make up for that piece of cake
We ate last night
(Whadda we do?)
We do what's right, honey, oh right"

I bump up my exercise if I've had a syn overload, but I don't do an exercise overload to get more syns. That sounds very like WW, and I didn't like the idea. Exercise is to get healthier. And make up for that piece of cake . . .

Reactions: Taz
I totally agree with you there Harrie, I don't like the exercise points system I think it's teaching bad practices. Although I go over my Syns I don't do that because I exercise. I exercise because I have fitness goals, I diet because I have weightloss goals. The 2 may compliment each other but I never consciously mix the 2. When I started exercising it wasn't with the thought of more food in mind!

Exercise should be encouraged as part of a healthy lifestyle and not a way to let us eat more bad food!

Thanks for replying everyone.
I enjoy exercise and the point of it for me is to tone and look and feel fitter.

I was just wondering if I could have extra syns today as a one off, but I know that is a bad idea now lol!

I didn't go to Body Pump today, I did a spin class instead, boy It's hard work!
I don't really feel comfortable at the gym but if I don't go I wont motivate myself to exercise at home.

Pumpkin, you are my inspiration :D

Thanks for replying everyone.
I enjoy exercise and the point of it for me is to tone and look and feel fitter.

I was just wondering if I could have extra syns today as a one off, but I know that is a bad idea now lol!

I didn't go to Body Pump today, I did a spin class instead, boy It's hard work!
I don't really feel comfortable at the gym but if I don't go I wont motivate myself to exercise at home.

Pumpkin, you are my inspiration :D

That's such a lovely thing to say! thank-you!
Did you enjoy spin? It'll burn more cals so problably best to start with then as you get slimmer you can always add pump, as the 2 classes really compliment each other. I love spin, it's addictive!
I also exercise to get fit but for me it's more for the effect it has on my mood. I was very depressed over crimbo and since I started exercising I have definatly been like a different person almost! It's incredible actually how good you feel after exercising!
Good luck! x

Fuffs walks away from this thread shame faced...I need to exercise a hell of a lot more!

I walk a lot anyway, but have increased walking out with the pushcahir. I have started walking up any hills if it is where I am going. I have also started walking a lot more. Went on my partners cross trainer last week and thought my legs were going to fall off lol

I dance around a lot to try and burn calories. Often carrying my 9 month old, which he finds hilarious lol

Getting time for a formal exercise regime is difficult at the mo. But I am going to try!

To be honest I think it does work. I think slimming world is fab!
But at the same time yes you have to understand the science of putting on weight too. I mean its simple if you put more in than what you burn off u will put on weight. So an extra few syns when you exercise I'm sure won't hurt! :) every syn is 20cal and if ur burning off 300 or so doing exercise then im sure you r going to benefit more than someone having only 5 syns per day and no exercise! Yes u may hold the physical weight longer but ur gonna be in shape a lot quicker!! Hope u enjoyed pump!!
X

Good advice but I doubt you'll get a response as this thread is near three years old :)

Lol!! :) now I feel silly!! Thanks for responding :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back