More than one cooked pack??

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Kate78, 13 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Kate78

Kate78 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Does anyone have more than one cooked pack a day?

I know you are only suppose to have one a day but do you know why? I love my choc pack cooked...already had one today, really fancy another!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PositiveBetty

PositiveBetty Full Member

I think it's for 2 reasons...one as it reduces the vitamins etc. I think the other is that they are possibly less filling as they aren't mixed with the same amount of fluid.

What do you make?

4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Cooking your pack destroys the water soluble vitamins and therefore it is advised to only cook one to make sure you stay healthy.

Love Mini xxx

5. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    however, I often have 2 cooked packs a day... we were never told any different by our LLC and I've been fine :)

6. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    microwaving the packs 'may' destroy vitamins, apparently there has been more research done recently that suggests that might not actually be the case, so our LLC was saying.

I did quite often have 2 cooked packs a day, bars into biscuits and vanilla into muffins.
    The only problem I found was that they can make you constipated if you don't drink plenty of water with them.

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i have to confess to often cooking/freezing more than one a day too. I never understood why freezing a bar would be detrimental to the vitamins when we keep being told frozen veg have more vitamins in them than canned ones.

8. Kate78

Kate78 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Well I was 'naughty' and had 2 choc packs cooked yesterday!

Still alive this morning! :-o
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.