MoreRosie - my daily consicence

MoreRosie

Hello Diary.
As I'm now a stone heavier than I used to be, but 4 stone lighter than when I joined Slimming World, I feel as though it is the right time to make a conscious effort to ensure that this is a change for life. :wave_cry:

So, I'm doing Slimming World from home and with a brand new gym membership (although ending up a lb heavier in the first week...), I'm here for a shiny new start!

I will switch between all plans - depending on my mood!

Here is the plan for today - Extra Easy:

Breakfast
Oats so simple sachet (b), muller light and so mango and papaya

Lunch
Homemade ratatouille and a nectarine

Tea
Leftover veggie burgers (well, I'm going to give it a go! Carrots, green beans, peas, sweetcorn, brocolli, cauliflower, asparagus, maybe a tin of kidney beans - all wizzed up together with an egg and baked in the oven) with salad and onion marmalade

Gym - TRX night

Snacks
Options hot choc (2 syns)

HEA used as milk in tea. Other drinks, black coffee and water.

My weigh-in day will be a Saturday morning, so the pressure is on!

Back tomorrow!:)

Day Two.

Absolute disaster with the attempt at veggie burgers - just a bowl of mush! Oh well.
TRX was hard, but an hour well spent in the gym. I go with my husband and neither of us could lift our arms afterwards!

Breakfast:
Sachet of oats so simple, kiwi and blueberries

Lunch:
Egg salad. Forgot to bring some fruit with me, so will see how I go.

Tea:
Pork medallions with roaster vegetables

Walking home: 45 mins
Pure Tone: 20 mins
Pure Abs: 20 mins

Hi Rosie and well done you on your 4stones weight loss - and well done for coming back to try and lose your excess 1 stone.
I've just returned to SW, but going it alone; and like you I enjoy oat so simple for breakfast as my healthy b - sadly I found out on a thread here that it is no longer a healthy extra. Other than that your food diary looks perfect.
Hope your week goes well
Tina

Hi Rosie and well done you on your 4stones weight loss - and well done for coming back to try and lose your excess 1 stone.
I've just returned to SW, but going it alone; and like you I enjoy oat so simple for breakfast as my healthy b - sadly I found out on a thread here that it is no longer a healthy extra. Other than that your food diary looks perfect.
Hope your week goes well
Tina

Thank you Tina!
I do appreciate the comment.
It's funny I thought that I knew the plan so well!
So, I decided to re-join group last night - not a bad experience at all. Even better when I won the raffle :).
Starting weight is 9st 6.5lbs.

My diary for today:
Breakfast - greek 0% fat yog with kiwi and blueberries
Lunch - Roasted vegetables
Tea - Omelette with tomatoes, mushrooms, 40g 1/2 fat cheese (a), large salad with figs.

I will have 3 ryvitas as my B choice.

Exercise - will be 45 minute walk home and another 30 minutes with the dog later.

I'm still worried that despite going to the gym 3 times a week (with a very painful plan!), a spinning class and walking home 5 days a week, that my weight doesn't 'appear' to be shifting. However, really focusing on what I actually put in my mouth should help!
I'm sure that I've been consuming too many syns over the last few weeks.

Looking forward to a week 100% on plan and then seeing what happens!

Right.
Time to start doing this properly now.
My current weight (as of this morning), is 8st 12lbs. hurrah. At least I have lost some weight.
I'm back to group, which is fun, but my main reason for wanting to do this properly is because I am starting Stoptober tomorrow - basically giving up smoking.
I stopped last year for 3 months, but started again in January. My children and husband hate me smoking and I don't like it much myself!

Plan is to really focus on the gym and to just take time out for me!

I'm feeling quite emotional about it. Last time, I found myself getting very down in the first month, so need something to focus on!

Day 1 of Stoptober!
We've decided to also give up alcohol for the month too, so it's going to be fun :).
I've just eaten some melon and pineapple with a cup of hot water and lemon - it's going to be a month of detoxing!
Feeling positive so far.

Had a double session in the gym last night, 45 minutes of spinning followed by 45 of resistance work, not aching as much as I thought that I would.

Day 1 of not smoking completed :). Very ahppy about that.
Went to group tonight - only lost 1/2lb. Weight loss has been incredibly slow, but I am hoping that the 'no alcohol' regime will help me to manage my syn intake.
I'll give it one more week and see what happens - especially as I am going to the gym 4+ times a week and have obviously lost inches. I don't want to contnue paying £4.95 a week for very little benefit.

Plan for today (Red).

Breakfast - Muller light coconut vog with hot water and lemon (sat at my desk)
Lunch - HUGE bowl of homemade veg soup (carrots, asparagus, cauli, leek and cabbage - actually quite nice)
Tea - Extra light beef medallion (just like fillet steak!), with large salad (lettuce, spring onions, cucumber, fennel and figs), sauteed mushrooms and red onions with quark and lightest philly (A)

Other A will be skimmed milk and B will be one of the new Christmas pudding HiFis (oh my goodness, how delicious!).

Not sure about syns yet!

Exercise:
45 min walk home
Circuits class
Day 1 of week 8 gym plan

Now on to Day 3.
A slight empty feeling and feeling a lot more tired than usual, but apart from that.....

Dinner last night was absolutely gorgeous! Had some braised chicory too, so that was 7 superfree in one meal. Added to the 6 in my lunch = a good day :).

Am hoping that the reduced alcohol intake will balance any change in metabolism due to the stopping smoking business.

Ok - plan for today:

Breakfast = Muller light (sat at my desk as I type)
Lunch = MASSIVE bowl of homemade veg soup - like yesterday
Tea = on the go, so omelette with tomatoes from the garden, with 40g low fat cheese and side salad.

A= cheese and skimmed milk
B = hifi bar

Bag of frozen grapes to much on before bed.

Another spin class tonight and walk home followed by a visit to mum-in-law for her birthday.

See you tomorrow!

Day 4 and still not smoking!
A little on the emotional side today - although I understand that this is normal at this stage.

I'm looking forward to reading this back at some point, mainly to remind myself that having gone through the early stages of giving up and the associated 'pain' it is really not worth ever thinking about smoking again.

Busy day today!

RED:
Breakfast - 2 x activia fat free yogs (plus a cup of tea, a cup of hot water and lemon and a Berocca - all lined up on my desk!)
Lunch - left over beef medallion with salad (lettuce, rocket, red onion, cucumber and fig) and cottage chesse
Tea - 'hunters chicken' with brocolli and cauliflower

A= 40g low fat cheese and skimmed milk
B = another one of the VERY yummy christmas pud hifi bars (probably warmed up and served with my 0% fat greek yog and white choc options combo).

Exercise = 45 min walk home and gym session. tonight we have the joy of TRX (resistance work, relies on body weight), alternating with holding the plank..... :).

See you in the morning.

Day 5 and still smoke free!

We did go to the pub last night (and drank a number of syns), but took an ecig with me. No massive cravings so really thrilled with that.

Back to no alcohol again now!

Really starting to think about my goal weight. When I first hit target (after losing 5 stone), I ended up at 8st 3.

I was going to head for that, but as I am much more active now and exercising 6 days a week, I am much smaller now. Starting to think that I don't really want to be 'thin', especially as I am 43. Mind you, not sure what stopping smoking is going to do for my weight yet!

Anyway, plan for the day. Another red day!

Breakfast - activia raspberry snackpot and tea!
Lunch - omelette with tomatoes and mushrooms
Tea - homemade burgers and wedges

A = cheese and skimmed milk
B = potato for wedges

Syns - none as drank about 40 yesterday - whoops!

Exercise - walk to hairdressers and walking dog (my day off!!)

Looking forward to day 6!

And onto day 6.

Yesterday was quite tough. Didn't really know what to do with myself, but I am still smoke free.

Was incredibly hungry all day yesterday. Made a scan bran Christmas cake and ate the entire thing! Feeling bloated this morning.

Another red day.

Breakfast - pink grapefruit
Lunch - soup. Going to try and make one containing masses of super free. Carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus, leeks, broccoli and spinach
Tea - had steak in the end last night, so burgers tonight (although this may change!)

A - cheese and skimmed milk
B - hifi bar

Exercise: going to try a circuits class at the gym at 10am. It's only 30 mins, so have convinced myself that I will survive :).

Looking forward to day 7.

Day 7. By the end of today I will have completed a week of being a non-smoker.

Munchies got the better of me last night. Don't even want to think about it now. So today is back on plan and looking to the future.

Red day.
Breakfast-activia snack pot and satsumas
Lunch-veg soup
Tea-homemade burgers as had lamb and butternut squash rogan josh last night.

Dreading weigh in now.....

Not feeling good. Weigh in this morning and am 2.5lbs heavier than last week.
However, I did have major munchies on Sunday, so I'm going to give it another week before I start to really panic.

Anyway, on a more positive note, now on to Day 8 and still smokefree. Started to notice some improvements - I am waking up more positive and feel 'cleaner'.

Things that I'm going to do differently this week:
*I am definitely going to have a week without alcohol this week
*I am going to drink something fizzy when I get the urge to much in the evenings (and evenings were the times when I would smoke more)

Red Day
Breakfast and lunch (as before)
Tea - Left over burgers from last night

A= low fat cheese (40g) and skimmed milk
B= hifi bar

Syns - 2.5 on options white hot choc (mixed with a 0% fat greek yog).

See you in the morning.

Ate my own body weight in rubbish yesterday :-(.

Needing help now! Never like this usually, but am guessing that there is a link with having become a non-smoker.

Ok. Get a grip day.

Red
Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs
Lunch - ham and boiled egg salad
Tea - grilled chicken with broccoli and cauliflower .

Feeling down.

Back