Morning drunkness???

I was feeling awful in the mornings and I don't now..

it was partly about the water, but it was also very low blood sugar levels, cause I was having my last CD around 7ish, so going over 12 hours without another pack.. 12 hours without food is absolutely fine if you're not on a VLCD, but mine was dropping through the night to practically hypoglycaemic :( I didn't realise until I woke up feeling groggy, then passed out hitting my head on a shelf on the way.. gave myself a black eye and a telling off from A&E who told me to not let my blood sugar levels drop so low...

Obviously, talked with CDC, talked with GP, and agreed to take the packs more evenly through the day.. 6 half packs if it helps.. but remember that you're body's using energy in the night too..

so I now

a) have a tetra by the bed for the morning, so I can have it before I get out of bed in the morning (I often don't actually have it.. if I'm feeling good I'll wait til I go down stairs and make myself up a fresh one rather than a tetra)

b) make certain my last one in the day isn't too early.. (scrapping the usual "it's not good to eat last thing at night" - that's true if you're eating more than your body needs for basic maintenance!)

c) split my packs and have several half ones through the day

d) sip lots of different waters (I agree.. some water's horrid, but I recon there's a yummy water out there for everyone if you try different types of bottled, fizzy, mint tea, CD flavours, even hot water...)

I've been feeling great in the morning ever since.. so I think, for me, it was a combo of the water plus the low blood sugar..

Vxx

Last edited:
Back