Morning, exercise and breakfast.

Everett

I have started working out in the mornings. Should i eat, breakfast before or after? I've been just having my cup of black coffee, and then eating when i get back but I'm new to exercise and not sure, if that is hurting my calorie loss or not? if you think i should eat first what is a good pre exercise breakfast?

I'm really interested to know peoples on opinions on this too. I'm fairly new to exercise too.

I tend to wake up, exercise (swim, walk or exercise dvd) before I eat. I might have a drink of water before but thats it. If I eat before, i find it SO hard to judge when to exercise and more often than not I get cramps. But I do find myself wondering if what I'm doing is healthy and if I have enough energy in the tank to exercise healthily in the morning.

Low intensity exercise can be beneficial in some circumstances in this situation of pre breakfast excerise but not for all exercise. Why? Cos your insulin will be lower and your body will oxidise more fat BUT only at lower-moderate intensity (walking, low impact stuff not running or weights). Oddly tea/coffee can actually help this process (but not too much that is counterproductve is stimulates epiphrenene a hormone and that can lead to cortisol release - the naughty hormone as it can increase fat gains).

I have porrige made with water, add some blueberries then I pour on a fat free yoghrt and can train an hour later with no noticable effects.

Obviously if you have health issues, diabetes this is non starter. But go with a cup of green tea, tea or coffee then exercise low-moderate and should be all good.

I always exercised around 5.00am, so breakfast was never an option. I did find my energy levels were very low only having a coffee beforehand. Would advise you to eat something, a banana, cereal bar etc, as your body will then work harder and burn more cals.

Back