Morrisons new meat free kievs

donna88

Gold Member
I buy the meat free kievs from Morrisons and they're 4 syns, I noticed today they've changed them and like an idiot I picked up the last of the old ones and didn't think to compare the nutritional values, does anyone know if the new ones are still 4 syns?

I have noticed the same with morrisons meat free burgers, new packaging but I have no idea if they ave changed the nutritional content. I will email morrisons customer service and ask if they have changed these products . Watch this space

Not so useful , just had a message left on my phone from Morrisons customer service ( the lady is always v helpful but no so the company)

She says that some if the meat free range nutritional facts have changed including the chicken kievs and the burgers.

Burgers were half syn each , I don't know what the nutritional info was on the old box , but the new one reads :
Protein per 100g 17g per burger 8.8g
Carb. 7g. 3.6
Fat. 9.1 4.7
Energy. 184kcal. 96

Can anyone work out the syn content from that? It's bound to be more than half a syn, every time they change something it's for the worse!

Not so useful , just had a message left on my phone from Morrisons customer service ( the lady is always v helpful but no so the company)

She says that some if the meat free range nutritional facts have changed including the chicken kievs and the burgers.

Burgers were half syn each , I don't know what the nutritional info was on the old box , but the new one reads :
Protein per 100g 17g per burger 8.8g
Carb. 7g. 3.6
Fat. 9.1 4.7
Energy. 184kcal. 96

Can anyone work out the syn content from that? It's bound to be more than half a syn, every time they change something it's for the worse!

depending on how big the pack is, they're coming up as either half a syn or free..... if the pack is 100g they're half a syn, 200g or more and they're free

I'm guessing they'll be half a syn though, free seems too good to be true. Do you have the nutritional info for the kievs?

Meat free cream cheese and garlic type Kiev ? Found his on my fitness pal...not sure how up to date this is, I took my nutritional detail from the box of burgers n m freezer half a syn is a relief, that's what they were before .

Calories 221 Sodium 200 mg
Total Fat 13 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 3 g Total Carbs 12 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 5 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 4 g
Trans 0 g Protein 14 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%

I buy the meat free kievs from Morrisons and they're 4 syns, I noticed today they've changed them and like an idiot I picked up the last of the old ones and didn't think to compare the nutritional values, does anyone know if the new ones are still 4 syns?

I used the syn calculator to work out the new Kiev and if ive done it correctly there 8 syns! :( really annoyed i loved the old kievs too.

I used the syn calculator to work out the new Kiev and if ive done it correctly there 8 syns! :( really annoyed i loved the old kievs too.

I did it the other day as well (took a photo in the store) and I got 8 syns too, really not worth it. I'm gutted too, that was one of our staple meals. We have a box in the freezer of the old ones, quite sad thinking they'll be the last we'll have (don't want to cook them now)

You may be interested to know that Cauldron do some Aduki bean Kievs ( 3.5 syns) very nice. I bought some this weekend to help fill the Morrison Kiev shaped hole.

You may be interested to know that Cauldron do some Aduki bean Kievs ( 3.5 syns) very nice. I bought some this weekend to help fill the Morrison Kiev shaped hole.

Oooo thank you, are they normally kept with the frozen or fresh stuff? I've never seen them, only ever seen cauldron sausages and burgers

Their Frozen, I got mine in farm foods on the weekend after someone in group suggested them, 2 boxes for 1.50 at the moment, very good deal!

Their Frozen, I got mine in farm foods on the weekend after someone in group suggested them, 2 boxes for 1.50 at the moment, very good deal!

Ooo will hopefully get chance to get down there soon then :) thanks for the tip

Back