Most filling meals

I have found a very filling breakfast. I have green thickies and they keep me going until lunch. My lunch is quite filling too but I find after dinner, I get quite hungry a couple of hours later. Has anyone got any suggestions for either really filling but healthy snacks or meals that have filled them up so much they don't need to snack after them?

Hi Katherine Natalia!

What's in a green thickie?-Sounds interesting!.
I have a very filling lunch/dinner that might interest you. You can mix up some hummus & feta and put it in a wholemeal pitta with a serving of salad. You will be stuffed!
If you need a snack to keep you going..you could get a small serving of fruit & muesli and throw over a small pot of fromage frais. I bought the little baby serving bowls from Ikea and that's just the right amount for filling me up.
This is a great thread..I can't wait to hear some more ideas.

I'm so sorry, I've just realised from reading other topics that you are a vegan so please ignore my ignorant posting above..I'm such a clutz..

Last edited:
Hi Okker, many thanks for your suggestions. Don't worry. Yes I am a vegan but I can usually think of vegan alternatives to most food. I could substitute feta for tofu and that would work just as well. Thanks I'll give that a try. I do love museli too so that would work with some soya yoghurt. Sounds lovely. I get stuck with the same old meals and snacks and forget about simple alternatives. A Green Thickie is a thick fruit smoothie with added oats and some green leafy veg such as spinach. If you use enough fruit, you don't taste the greens at all. They are so lovely, filling and so healthy.

Those green thickies sound really nice. I think I'll get some ingredients in next week's shopping. Hope you're having a good week so far!

That's excellent that you are going to give them a try. I find them so quick to drink, filling and sweet that I rarely have any other breakfast. With a baby to look after I need all the spare time I can get! How did you get on with making the green thickies?

I found that by cutting out wheat and eating a lot more fiber, I am far less likely to want snacks.
I find a meal with potatoes filling, as a half avocado with 2 rice cakes and trimmings great, and also rice with tempeh. Tempeh is very filling for me, more so than tofu. 'Dried' tofu or tofu cutlets are a little more filling.

Back