Most flattering exercise clothing for larger ladies??

Lucky7

Lucky7
Yesterday I did a Zumba class, and today I did a Salsa Aerobics class. I really enjoyed both of them apart from the number of bloody mirrors in the room, as it was so hard to not catch sight of yourself every now and then. I really didn't need to see myself next to all the skinny minnies. :cry:

Has anyone found any more flattering fitness wear for fuller figures?? At the moment I could just cry, but know that giving up just isn't an option.
:raincloud:

For the gym I wear jersey trousers from M&S and polo tops from Cotton Traders.

The M&S trousers are £9.50 and come in various colours, and three lengths. The are very comfortable to wear.

The Cotton Traders tops are a sort of pique material, which doesn't cling like T-shirt material does. Lots of good colours too.

But to be honest I don't think it really matters what you look like. It's comfort and practicality that matters. No-one is looking at you anyway, they are too busy!

I wear bottoms from M&S too or just leggings.
To be honest seeing myself in the mirrors at my boxercise class gave me the kick up the bum I needed to lose weight :)

Well, it's certainly given me a kick up the bum too. It's just bloomin' depressing catching sight of myself every so often. Plus my old fitness stuff is quite uncomfortable too. I know they're stretchy but if they split it would be SOOO embarrassing. Maybe just having a bigger size would make a difference to how I feel. Hmm.

ive got some 3/4 length joggers from new look which are really comfy and practical and were about £8 i think xx

I love Zumba started around 5 weeks back and find it is really making a difference round the hip and bum area! Thankfully we don't have mirrors in our class I don't think I could cope.

Am also in desperate need of some new gym clothes am still in my grey (now overly baggy) joggers and a t-shirt. Does anyone know of any good sports bra type exercise tops - I am quite heavy in the bossom department and need something with quite a bit of support. Any ideas?

well i think my gym wear will be the baggier the better when i start classes hopefully next week.

Lucky i know what you mean about mirrors all over the place. one question WHY???

do not want to see my bits jiggling all over the place.

has anyone like me tried the old favorite of going to the back of class so noone can see me, then when routine starts and everyone turns around you end up at the front of class with everyone behind you, panicing and going totally wrong and looking a right prat lol.

oh the joys

I just wore some Adidas jogging bottoms that are quite a thick fabric (got them out of the next directory) and a loose pink tee shirt....

To keep my 'puppies' in check whilst exercising i wear a reebox bra top - its like a little crop top (the ones you wore before you had enough to put in a bra!!!) I find they dont go bobbing anywhere with this on - and i wear my normal bra underneath it.

Sports bras are fine for some people- but i prefer my crop top thingiemajig!!!

tell you what Ellebear you just cant beat a thingiemajig!!!!!

do you think you can it could be a start of a new trend lol

you do make me smile.

keep them puppies under control, i know all about that 40d's worth i have to control:happy036:

My trainer doesn't have any mirrors in his gym, bless him!! So the only person who knows what I look like is him (he does one-to-one sessions, no-one else is there).

I have no idea what I look like balancing on my backside on a Bosu with my legs in the air - I am certainly not going to ask, and he is too polite to say!

This thread is great! It's nice to hear opinions from larger bosomed ladies!

I have been wondering where to get a sports bra to wear in the house when I am on the Wii. I nearly knocked myself out when I tried running!

I love Zumba started around 5 weeks back and find it is really making a difference round the hip and bum area! Thankfully we don't have mirrors in our class I don't think I could cope.

Am also in desperate need of some new gym clothes am still in my grey (now overly baggy) joggers and a t-shirt. Does anyone know of any good sports bra type exercise tops - I am quite heavy in the bossom department and need something with quite a bit of support. Any ideas?

I've just bought a bright pink sports bras from Debenham's gorgeous range. The best looking style goes up to a G cup. I am normally a 36H but a 38G kept them under control when running last night. I thought it was so effective that I went and bought a black one today:

Pink sports bra - Sports bras - Women - Sports -

lmao! I have just been giggling so hard reading everyone's responses it is good that we can all laugh about it!

I think you should patent a thingymajig Ellebear called "Puppies under wraps" lol!

Thanks for all the links ladies very helpful I am a bit spoilt for choice will let you know what I choose and how it works out!! I have been wanting to start going jogging - now looks like I can without the risk of black eyes.

do they do a thingymajig for bellys also cause my extra belly flaming bounces all over to.

it needs securing somehow.

the perils of starting excercies eh

I am a bigger lady extremis,
so finding clothes canbe a hassle,
I have lost 18lbs plus but I still have many jiggly wiggly bits,
I wouldnt "dare" a gym right now but do like to feel comfortable when walking,
to date I have found someacceptable clothing in new look for walkies but will take a look at links and see if I can find anything acceptable there.

Back