Mothers for the weekend

owlgoose

Oh Lordy - I'm going to my parents house for the weekend.. should I take my own food? My mum tends to keep quite a few low calorie things in but they're like 4 or 5 syns a pop where i can have a banana for superfree :S

Is it rude to turn up at your mothers house with your own supply of food?

For some mothers / in laws it's a declaration of war! Phone and ask

Oh Lordy - I'm going to my parents house for the weekend.. should I take my own food? My mum tends to keep quite a few low calorie things in but they're like 4 or 5 syns a pop where i can have a banana for superfree :S

Is it rude to turn up at your mothers house with your own supply of food?

not rude just sensible lol, this is why i am doing mother's day here today as its also hubbie birthday tomorrow. going to avoid all bad things and just eat good things (hopefully)

I take my own food in a Tupperware container when I go to visit OH's family. I don't like doing it but I'm not going hungry!!!! Lol xx

Took my own food to mother in laws for dinner last night and boy I'm glad I did!! "We'll have salad" was a table laden with pizza, sausage rolls, scotch eggs, potatoes cooked in oil, chicken dippers, coleslaw etc. if I hadn't taken some prawns and chicken bits I would have literally been eating lettuce!!

Oh, with strawberry gateaux for pudding! Helpful much???

Thanks for the replies everyone :) -- my mum said she had a expected I'd bring stuff lol, she's really supportive though which is nice. I've had a couple of bits of ham and chicken from the fridge but am glad I brought stuff because it gives me a bit more leeway on syns today as we're going out for mothers day but don't know where yet, so can't check menus and syns online in advance

Thanks for the replies everyone :) -- my mum said she had a expected I'd bring stuff lol, she's really supportive though which is nice. I've had a couple of bits of ham and chicken from the fridge but am glad I brought stuff because it gives me a bit more leeway on syns today as we're going out for mothers day but don't know where yet, so can't check menus and syns online in advance

well done :)

Back