Motivation During Exercise

MrsGroovy

How do you motivate yourself while exercising? I have took up walking and using my exercise bike and my motivation is listening to a load of Disco and cheesy 70's songs on my iPod. I go to a 70's weekend every year and every year I feel uncomfortable in my 70's get up! So my motivation is looking good next March when I get myself all 70's glammed up! When I'm exercising listening to my 70's songs, it keeps me going thinking about how good I am gonna look!
:stickdance::stickdance::stickdance:

How do you motivate yourself??

I love having my music on when on my crosstrainer or out running, I've also joined a running club so wanting to stay at the front of the group keeps me motivated... not that I'm competitive haha. I'm hoping to do a marathon in 2014 so thinking about that as well as looking good over the festive period keeps me motivated as well

I agree group exercise and music for me and when I'm Lagging I chant in my head the number I want to see on the scales at next wi!!! X

I just ask myself which is worse - how I'll feel if I let myself down (again) or hauling myself out for a walk that will immediately improve my mood, energy level, give me better sleep, self esteem for keeping at it AND help me lose weight too. The pros always outweigh the cons and the feeling I get for overcoming those can't be bothered moments is seriously rewarding.

Last year I was doing aerobic classes to help lose weight before being a bridesmaid. Whenever I felt like giving up or my legs were about to fall off I said "think of the dress" over and over in my head! Really need to get back into an exercise regime, thinking of getting an exercise bike

The feeling afterwards keeps me in my exercise routine...i just promise myself that i will do 15 minutes, but i always carry on going! If you really focus on that high after your done you can get addicted to it! I still think of food when i'm stressed but lately have been thinking that i need a good sweat to get rid of the stress :D

Good music really helps keep momentum up once i'v got going.

Chocolate bananas - that is EXACTLY what I just did! Really didn't feel like going on my walk, but compromised with myself saying ok, just 15 mins, it's all I needed to reach my 1.5 hr body magic target anyway. Ended up out there for a good 45 mins and now I feel awesome (but bloody knackered!).

Music most definitely! Oh and banter with the weightlifting guys is always fun ;) xx

Only started slimming world, finding the meals etc ok, but I just cant bring myself to exercise (something I always hated) will the diet work without exercise?

It will Collette but it'd be so much better for you on many levels if you found something active that you enjoy. I cannot stand exercise but I'm taking myself out for a walk every other day and I have to admit, its surprisingly easy once I haul my ass out there and it makes me feel really good. The smallest things make a difference - I also plan to dance around like an idiot with my kids for a laugh cos that burns calories too!

The thought of exercise is always so much worse than actually doing something and once you do try, you get into it so quickly cos it just improves everything - your mood, your sleep, energy levels, muscle tone and weightloss.

Music when running, I don't seem to be able to go for as long when I don't have David Guetta in my ears!

Also I joined a gym and do different classes to keep me interested, my motivation is then keeping up with everyone else. I work harder in classes than I would do on my own.

Collette - exercise doesn't have to be something like the gym or running, it could be salsa classes, zumba or even some dancing about while doing the hoovering! anything that gets you moving, the heart pounding and leaves you a little out of breath. Being active in every day life, such as getting off the bus a stop earlier, taking the stairs instead of the lifts or even parking at the back of the car park rather than a lazy spot close to the doors gets you moving more than normal and it all adds up. Don't get me wrong your not going to get Gillian Michaels body doing this but once your more active in every day life and poss not getting out of breath running up the stairs (like I used to) then it might inspire you to try something a bit more vigorus!

I listen to up beat music and think of skinny and gorgeous celebs and think beauty is pain!!

I also cover the clock on the machine with a towel...the time goes so much quicker!

Xx

I listen to up beat music and think of skinny and gorgeous celebs and think beauty is pain!!

I also cover the clock on the machine with a towel...the time goes so much quicker!

Xx

Have to agree if your watching the time its so much harder, when I run with the club and they blow the whistle to say when to run and when to walk its so much easier and goes so much quicker than when I'm watching the time myself

I've bought myself a mini bike, so every night when I watch tv I just sit down on the sofa and paddle haha. Best thing I've ever bought as I've done 30minutes without realising :)

I dont exercise as much as i used to because of feet problems but when i do, i use lots of positive self talk. This is something you are doing just for you! You can do it! You are looking after your body! No matter how slow you go, you're lapping everyone on the couch! Every step is burning calories!!

Good upbeat music is the best. I think it also helps you to move faster. I usually say push myself to stop when the NEXT song is over.

I just downloaded the Sports Tracker app on my phone .......just seeing how far I walk & in what time plus calories burnt gets a smile on my face. Was out at 7am for 1st walk but it's too dark and quiet here for me to blast music in my ears ;(
My 12 yr old boy wants to do it with me in the morning b4 he starts school @ 8 !!!

Back