motivation help!

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
hello all,

i started juddding after following a vlcd for 6 months. i had lost 3 stone going from 12st to 9st and maintained on juddd although i wanted to get into the 8s, my weight just didnt shift quick enough for me. unfortunately since then ive gone a bit off the rails, putting on around 10lbs :( im so disappointed but every time i start to juddd again or even just calorie count i cant get back into the swing of things. im really annoyed because i love feeling slim but its slipping away from me at the moment with every bite i eat! i need some tips on how to cut the junk and get focused again. im out quite a bit over christmas and had planned to wear some lovely dresses ive bought but at the moment i feel frumpy in them.

can someone please give me a shake and sort me out?? thanks! xx

Well I'll give it a try to motivate you because I have self destructed all my hard work so many times over the years and its such a waste. I think you need to approach JUDDD slightly differently than 'other' weight loss regimes. Take it one week at a time. Decide when you are going to start with a DD and plan it, making sure you get the most value for your calories..ie oatmeal, soup etc. Then at the same time plan what you will reward yourself with the day after on your UD..if & only if you keep to your plannned DD. Make sure your UD includes some of your favourite junk so you truly feel rewarded! Repeat this exercise & try to complete a week...you'll never get back at it if you are trying to talk yourself out of junk and into eating healthy..I know it never worked for me for 40yrs. Now I eat extra healthy 3 days a week..and eat Junk for 4...but I'm losing weight....and sticking to it...and actually in reality eating way less junk..only don't tell my body that!! Good Luck

thanks for replying jilly! you sound the same as me when you were on self destruct and yes it is a waste! i always feel awful after breaking my regime and that's why i need to really focus on actually sticking to a plan that works, i.e. juddd, so that i can allow myself treats but not all the time. taking it a week at a time seems the best way to go, im going to try and stick to it next week before i hit christmas so that i can hopefully reign it in over christmas and not go overboard on the treats!

well done on your weight loss so far too, looks like juddd is a great plan for you :) x

Back