Motivation needed & advice pls

Hi all,
I have been doing CD for 9 weeks SSing and i have lost about 30lbs final goal is to lose 45lbs.
But i seem to be losing my motivation and i know that CD is fantastic(could not have lost the weight with out it! but it is just being more difficult to do!
I started this yoga class Bikram Yoga and I actually think that my weight loss has slowed down since then I mean I feel great and I have no loose skin as I think the class is very toning but the
weight has completely slowed down.
Any advice in what anyone out there suggests I do?
All advice greatly appreciated
:sign0163:
;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to Minimins Blaqueness :wavey:

It may well be that the yoga has slowed down your weight loss, but I bet your inches are shrinking at an amazing rate!! Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll get to where you want to be :clap:

It could well be the yoga, but you dont say what your bmi is, I found as I approached BMI 25 the losses slowed down too, would it be anything to do with that.

How much have the slowed?

Hi and welcome!

As you near your goal your losses will slow down, but stick with it hun and as DQ says you will get there.

Gx

It could well be the yoga, but you dont say what your bmi is, I found as I approached BMI 25 the losses slowed down too, would it be anything to do with that.

How much have the slowed?
I think my bmi is about 25.4 at the moment.

Ladies thank you so much for your replies (I have been a lurker for so long and you have all made me feel welcome) it just gets a bit disappointing...you know so close yet so far and I am trying hard not to lose my mojo:D as I am sure you know what I mean.
You have made me feel so much better so i hope i keep on losing!

Ahhh, with your BMI so close to 'normal' your weight loss may well slow down. Have you started moving up the steps yet? :)

It may be as you are toning you are turning to muscle as well which as we all know is heavier than fat dont give up now hun u have done sooooooooo well and can see the finishing post!
Janie xxxxx

I think my bmi is about 25.4 at the moment.

it just gets a bit disappointing...you know so close yet so far and I am trying hard not to lose my mojo:D as I am sure you know what I mean.

I completely understand what you mean, I was getting frustrated a bit with the losses as I was getting close to 25 BMI, I am on 810 now and really enjoying that plan, I still have about the same as you to lose, but I just felt I need to get back into food and start working up the plans. I have broken the back of the weight I want to shift and I am happy to the last stone or so more slowly.

You dont have long to go to moving up the plans yourself being so close to 25 bmi, I was worried moving up at first, but I do enjoy the 810 now :)

Ahhh, with your BMI so close to 'normal' your weight loss may well slow down. Have you started moving up the steps yet? :)

plans??? what plans? I thought that you had to do SS for 12 weeks regardless.
does moving up the plans involve eating normal food?
please say yes:D

you step up the plans to help get your body used to food slowly i assume then u shouldnt pile the weight back on. (i may be wrong). Its all in the booklets xxx
Janie xx

No you dont do 12 weeks regardless, you dont do SS under 25BMI. Yes moving up the plans does involve eating food :)

I am currently on the 810 plan, I had a lovely slow roasted cod today with salad and made a caffe latte out of my milk allowence, it was devine :)

Did you get the yellow book from your CDC, I am using that book to work up the plans, next saturday I am moving up to the 1000 plan for 2 weeks, and 1200 2 weeks after that etc, but you can stay on the 810 plan for as long as you want if you want to shift the last stone or so quicker.

I am starting fertility treatments in October so I just want to be off CD way before I start that :)

ooooo hedgehog that does sounds nice compared to my mushroom soup lol
And good luck for October xxxxx

Thanks Janie :)

Here is a little plan for ya, go to a supermarket tomorrow, pile in 30 lbs of butter, sugar whatever, and then carry all of them home! and then tell me you have no motivation!!!

You have done so well, go girl!!! you have done brilliant, you are 2/3 of the way there, you are almost completely finish, now really do you really really want to stop?

Always here if you need to chat...

Here is a little plan for ya, go to a supermarket tomorrow, pile in 30 lbs of butter, sugar whatever, and then carry all of them home! and then tell me you have no motivation!!!

lol.....talk about putting it into perspective! thanks for that! I think I needed a kick up the bum i know what i want to do but just fell a bit ofcourse.
Thanks everyone for welcoming me to your fabulous family:D

You don't have to do 12 weeks of SS - its Lighter Life where you have to do that.

You can choose exactly when you want to start moving up the plans & how long you want to spend on each step.

Personally I've done all of my CD journey on SS+/810 because I just couldn't face life without food. I've had a couple of weeks on 1000 to get me over a sticky patch where I needed to eat more, and am now going to spend another month to 6 weeks on 810 before hopefully moving up the plans for ever.

CD is a very flexible programme - you choose how to fit it into your own lifestyle. Ask your CDC about it next time you see them...

Back