Motivation needed!!

Jennjennx

Silver Member
Would love to know what everyone does to keep themselves motivated at those times you feel like being naughty and giving up? :/ xox

I have a folder of motivational pictures, some of before/afters and others of women with body ideals of mine.
I also keep motivated by buying little treats, like a nice body scrub or a nice top, etc.
When I don't feel motivated, I still stick to my plan, and more importantly, my exercise.
Exercising motivates me the most because even if I feel like not going, I go and after that I'm like, yay I went and did it, now I can feel proud of myself.

I read this forum there is a lot of support whether you are doing well or struggling and this keeps me on the right path lol x

I go and look at all the clothes online that I want to wear.

I have a love affair with Lipsy dresses! I WILL be wearing one in May!

I have a holiday to look forward to so i got a few brochures from the travel agents and put a pic if the hotel and pool on the fridge, one on my vibrocise plate and in my bedroom. That way where ever i am i can remind myself of why im doing this :). Good luck x x

I come on here too....not only does it seem to pass the time and get you through a craving but also makes you see what really can be achieved. I tend to look at the before and after pics...and also have a look at everyone else's tickers, and people with the same sort of start weight as me...and then i think, if they can do it, so can I!!! xxx

My motivation is shopping!!!!! Bought a gorgeous red dress in a size 10 today...... Yes a size 10!!!!!! I even did a little victory jig in the changing rooms with my mum as I was so thrilled that I could fit in a 10 :)

Wearing it next Saturday to a do we've got and I'm so excited :)

I also find having things to look forward to is great motivation......got two weddings this summer and got two holidays booked for the end of the year, I WILL look good in a bikini!!!!!! Xxxxx

Generally when I give in to naughtiness I feel bad afterwards, so I try and focus on the fact that I'll feel better about myself if I stick to the plan. It's not 100% foolproof, but it does help me to stay on track! Also I was very overweight and uncomfortable last summer, and I don't want to feel like that again, so I think about that when I'm tempted to fall off the wagon.

Back