Motivation thread.....

RuthG

Gold Member
What is your motivation for losing weight, be it through CD or any other means?

I think a few are struggling at the moment, and it may be good to remember how we felt when we started our weight loss journeys!

I want to lose weight so I can:
1. Start fertility treatment
2. Be healthy
3. Be sexy again! ( I know thats shallow, but I was a size 8 - 10 when I met my husband, and I want to feel like that again!)

Just me then :rotflmao:

1) Shopping for nice clothes not one's that fit me
2)my health
3)to have another baby
4)have lots of energy
5)not have people stare/talk about me

Im sure i have lots more but these are a few :)

1. So people don't assume I'm lazy or stupid because I am fat!
  2. To get my va va voom back, my ex took it with him!
  3. So I can stop being so aggressive/defensive toward men, I always think they are taking the pi$$ or they are trying to win a bet
  4. Suppose that leads me on to wanting to address my low self esteem!!
  5. So I can shop where ever I like
  6. Because despite how I feel I know I'm worth the effort
  7. Because I wasted my 20's being unhappy with my body so I want to make the most of 30's with a gorgeous bod!........I have hundreds!

1) to not ache every time I kneel down to play with the children.
2) To start running again and beat my best times
3) to wear nice clothes that fit me rather than the baggiest black top I can find to hide in.
4) To feel proud of me again, rather than embarressed

I would like to feel comfortable in smaller clothes, not have the spare tyre round my middle.
Also Orlando holiday in June would like to be in our family holiday photos not just hubby and the girls.:cry:

1. Feel good about my-self
2. Wear nice clothes
3. Feel fitter
4. More confidence

1.To fit into all the nice clothes I bought last July (they're a bit snug already!!!)
2.To get to the goal that I'd set for myself last year and didn't reach.
3.To feel god about myself and not want to hide.
4.To be able to eat out without worrying that people are watching what I eat.

Oh I could go on and on...

Ceri

1. To be able to join in with the rest of the family (swimming and cycling)
2. not feel as though i cant eat in public.
3. To buy clothes i like and not just because their the only ones that fit me.
4. Just not like feeling im the biggest person when i go out.
5. To go on a plane and feel able to move and put the little table down (go to spain end of April) with out it resting on my tummy.
6. theres so many things its such a good feeling to be cosidered normel.

All of the above PLUS...
I really want to lie in the bath and have my tummy covered in water, lol. You know what I mean.

1. To apply to be a bone marrow donor and not get turned down because I'm obese. :(
2. To feel attractive and girly and wear dresses and skirts in the summer without my thighs bleeding when they rub together.
3. To take my children swimming and not feel as if someone will shout "save the whale" when I walk out of the changing rooms.
4. To have the confidence to start dating again.
5. To go to Romania and take part in a charity trek.
6. To look pretty for my cousins wedding in August.
7. To not feel fat and frumpy and out of breath walking up the hill to my work.
8. To shop in Top Shop and River island.
9. To eat in the street without thinking people are staring and judging me.
10. To sit down anywhere in public and not feel as if I am taking up 2 places, and actually have people able to sit down next to me.
11. To not feel frightened about sitting on patio chairs in the summer. (They always look so flimsy!)
12. To borrow clothes from my gorgeous size 10 sister!
13. To never ever have to shop in Evans again!

I could go on and on, but i'll stop at 13 as it is really a lucky number :p

40 in august so dont want to be fat and 40 !!!!
want to be able to shop for clothes in any high street shop, not just evans
for health reasons, as im getting on a bit i dont want to end up with many of the problems/illness that being over weight can cause

Pretty much all the above!!

1/ To have the body to match my face (i'm gorgeous and I know it;))
2/ To be able to just 'throw' on casual clothes and look great without too much effort.
3/To be one of those annoying people in the gym who looks good in a gym kit, and still looks good after a workout....even with the sweat!
4/To get into a relationship with a guy that is my equal and treats me like a queen! (instead of the losers I have tollerated because I thought I could do no better!)
5/ I am already 40 (its just a number its just a number its just a number!!!) and I do not want to be fat (it was supposed to be gone before this!!!
6/ To be able to cross my legs (achieved:D)
7/To try and prolong my fertility (I know...I've left it late:sigh:)
8/To learn to ride a bike (I know....left it late:eek:)
9/ To look forward to seeing full length pictures of myself
10/ To inspire/encourage/support my younger sister who is large and has health problems and who is in denial (I am really worried about her:sigh:)
11/ To look great at an old school friends wedding in Aug in the US (who asked me the last time she saw me 4 years ago "how did you get so big:eek:)
12/ To go back to yoga and not be used as a 'before' comparrison by the yoga teacher (oh yes she did:mad:!!)
13/ To hopefully drop a shoe size (otherwise I'll have to chop a couple of toes off) I'm a size 9.
14/ To go to the Dr's and not have everything attributed to my weight!
Think thats enough:D
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1. To look curvy and voluptuous, not fat fat fat. Don't mind being size 14-16 DO mind being obese. A lot.
2. Not to get diabetes or back, knee and hip pain at a young age.
3. Not to have fitness instructors assume I won't manage their classes and look really surprised when I can.
4. To know I'm a weight I'm comfortable with and that all I need to do is maintain. No more loss/gain dramas!

1. To be able to go into any clothes shop and buy something I like rather than just because it fits.

2. To have more energy to play with my children.

3. To wear dresses without thighs rubbing together.

4. To be able to go on a plane and have the table flat, not at an angle and have to hang onto the food/drinkls so it doesn't slide off.

5. To go swimming and not be overly self conscious.

And mainly just to see what being a normal size is like, as I've always been overweight, so it's like being an explorer and discovering something new.

Helenx

Prettyfacebut!! You have had some terrible experiences. Isn't it amazing that people can get away with treating overweight people like this!
As for your 'friend' and yoga teacher.......erghhhhhhh!!!!!(Hands locked in strangle mode!)
You show 'em all!!!
Ceri

This thread makes me want to cry:cry:

Back