Motivation!

kitty_mackinnon

I really want to lose weight, but i just cant seem to stick to the diet all week!
What is everyone else using as their motivation for their weight loss?

My motivation, is to improve my self esteem and make me a more confident, less insecure person. Also I have my nieces wedding in August next year and I would really love to wear something beautiful and look fantastic!

I can't look at the whole picture of weight I have to lose, its just too daunting, I am working on half stones at a time.

mines going on holiday next year!
coz there is no way i would go the size i am now!
i think u need to have something to work towards it works for me!

im getting married next year and i want to look fantastic, but i just keep thinking its ages away and that ive got loads of time! My partner is also on the slimming world diet and he is doing really well, but i just cant seem to behave myself with the sweets!!

im getting married next year and i want to look fantastic, but i just keep thinking its ages away and that ive got loads of time! My partner is also on the slimming world diet and he is doing really well, but i just cant seem to behave myself with the sweets!!

You can do this, and it will be better for you to start now, as if you leave it late, you will feel so much pressure and you don't need that on top of organising your wedding. Time flies by so fast and it will soon come around, are you using your syns for the sweets?

How much do you have to lose, if you don't mind me asking.

I want to lose 2 stone! i am still using sweets as syns, but i think i should stay away from the sweets as they are my downfall everytime!

I don't want to be fat and 30! And I never want to have to go through what I did last year in the quest to find an outfit and ending up with a 'that'll do' outfit for my one of our closests friends' wedding! x

I wanted to loose weight for my holidays in 4 weeks. When i started out on my journey I worked out 1lb a week would have given me a loss of just under 2 stones in time for us going & I would have been really pleased - BUT with 4 weeks to go I have lost 3 stones 5lbs with weigh-in tonight still to come!!!

I can not tell you the buzz you get as you start to see/feel the weight loss - that for me is motivation enough :)

Good luck x

You should write down all the reasons you can think of why you want to lose weight and carry it around with you.

It's good to keep them in mind.

My reasons which keep me motivated are:

Health
Not ruining family wedding photos next year
Want to take my daughter swimming
Want to buy clothes in shops and be able to wear them
Want to not be afraid of contacting old friends because I'm so embarrassed about how I look now

Loads of others too

I've always had plenty of good reasons to motivate me to lose weight but I've never managed to be successful until I started SW. I think there is more to it than having goals. I am motivated by my goals but what makes me successful is how SW works for me. When I get tempted to go off plan or really fancy something naughty I remind myself that when I get home I can have a a really good satisfying meal and not feel deprived after all. It's the knowledge that I can eat lovely food and not go hungry that keeps me going and I'm still as interested in SW as I was when I started over a year ago. I'm still excited by what I eat and I've got loads of recipes I've yet to try. I now eat a huge variety of food and lots of it. I can even still have a good drink at the weekend and lose weight.

To be successful at losing weight it's much easier if you not only have a good set of goals to aim for but that you enjoy the process of getting there.

I know this sounds really horrible, but at the moment I find large people really motivate me. For instance, I was out shopping on Saturday and walked past Millies Cookies and was just thinking about how wonderful it would be to have a bluberry muffin like I used to have all the time and haven't had for 2 years. I almost got in the queue and then realised that 3 out of the 5 people in the queue were very overweight. It wakes me up like a smack in the face whenever I want to eat cr@p - that of course I can eat it if I truly want, but I also have to accept that eating these things made me morbidly obese.

My mantra keeps me going: no food is worth the misery of being overweight

xxx

Thanks for all the comments, just reading what everyone has to say has really helped! i need to remember why i want to lose the weight and keep reminding myself of it!

Back