Motivation

Ad things happen to us fatties all the time thought it might be useful to add a thread with all the reasons we wanna be thin Long with any horror stories. I recently met a cardiologist thinking I may have heart trouble due to my weight and in the consultation I walked in and couldn't even fit into the chair I had to stand and be told Im fat can honestly say not a very happy moment for me

Anyone else got stories/ motivational lines?

this is a great thread! im dieting to mainly improve my diabetes, my horror story was a few yrs ago while i was on holiday in spain and passed out 3 times due to high sugar levels, doctors thought i would have ended up in a diabetic coma but lukily i didnt so after that i thought i need to do this an change my eating habits which meant defo low carbing

Recently i went to the doctors with a problem with my knee. The dr lay me down on the bed to examine my knee, then made this disgusted kind of face like she was about the throw up, sighed, tutted a few times and then said "this is really no good, you know, you have to lose this weight otherwise you won't be able to walk anymore". I told her that i was already on a low-carb diet so i was working on it and she went ahead and laid into me about how low carb is nonsense and that all i need to do is eat smaller portions and try to lose 0.5lbs a week. All the time she was looking at me like i was part of an underclass of obese losers (she weighed about 9 stone herself). I burst out crying and couldn't stop and she just stared at me, shook her head and said "well, what do you want me to do, wave a magic wand?"

I won't be going back to that dr again, i'll use my other dr who is more tolerant of Atkins if i have knee problems again - but the humiliation of the dr's visit spurred me on. At first, my reaction was to go out and buy a large pizza and say 'sod it', but then i realised a better way of getting my own back on her would be to go ahead and lose the weight on Atkins and prove her wrong and then go back and make a special appointment with her after i lost the weight, purely to present myself as 'evidence' that she was an incorrect ignoramus.

My motivation came from looking at wedding suits with my fiance and son, we were just stood talking when a woman came over and started rubbing my tummy asking when I was due! I was so shocked I muttered a date and felt compelled to make up a whole fake pregnancy :(

Normally I would've just shook it off and felt a bit low for a few days, but it was the first time anything like that had happened in front of my OH. Mortified, but its given me the motivation to do this!

The bonus is, since saying bye bye to crappy carbs, I've become less bloated and no longer look 9 months gone! :D x x

Omg losing it - sock it to them - you will deffo prove them wrong!!:)

Well for me the motivation was to get healthy and fit - and that has definitely happened - so much energy:D. But as an extra spur for all (not anticipated when i started) today i put on an outfit from when i was 18....(for those who feel the need to calculate - yes i have had it in the cupboard for 25 years :eek: ) And it fits (ok the skirt has to go ver my head but who's checking)

I'm clearly not the same shape but hopefully will help to keep me maintaining:D

I am dieting to control my diabete's and get some energy! Sick of feeling lethargic and feeling as if life is passing me by. I constantly get asked when my baby is due, most of the time I shrug it off. But one time I met someone I hadnt seen for a couple of years who exclaimed " I didnt know you was pregnant!" I looked down in fake horror and said " Oh my god!! I didnt know either!" She was mortified, but I felt better, lol!! Evil are'nt I? :D

Dr's are VILE! On my medical records from when I was about 7 there is the comment "FAT" written in red pen with a big circle around it!

I am very lucky at the moment as my GP is an advocate of Atkins as her husband lost 10 stone and is maintaining - she verbally high fived me when I said I was doing it. So there ARE some good ones.

My shock came when I kept needing to sleep in the afternoon, had the shakes .. and found out I was borderline diabetic .. eek .. that is my motivation. I hate needles .. and I hate how I felt.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE !!!

Good thread... i was asked when my baby was due.... he was 2 and stood next to me... i nearly died on the spot and have been fighting with diets ever since..

I just want to wear a nice pair of jeans with a white vest lol, and get back into the clothes i bought when i lost 2 stone last time !!

Back