Motivation

Can u remember why you first joined /started sw? Was it a particular event? How u felt when u looked in the mirror or just a piece of clothing u wanted to get in. Think back then grab hold of that thought again x

Mine was originally for a holiday and I got to one pound away from my target. After that holiday I never went back on SW and now I'm doing the same again this year lol.

I've had a week of following plan 100% though and lost 5lb!! You can do it - just focus your mind on your end goal.

Please help I just have no motivation !!!

Maybe you need to put your thoughts on paper? I'd be tempted to start two lists, one why I feel I need to do something about losing weight and the other how I will feel and what I can and/or would like to do once I've lost it. It's something you can add to at any time and keep looking at to remind yourself of the reasons why you're on this journey :)

Hi, I have such a lot to loose so I have written on ny calander at various points thro the year what I aim to weigh! So far its working, today I hit my personal progress target and that keeps me motivated when it seems such a long rd ahead! Also I went out at weekend to get clothes to wear to a mates wedding this eeek, expecting to get the usual black trousers and top to cover as much as poss. But my hubby made me try on a dress I loved (and have aimed at wearing to yet another wedding in august) and it fitted perfectly in size 16! So happy! Do its the little milestones that motivate me not the end goal - its too far away to get excited about yet! K

I have been trying to lose 10 stone for nearly 6 years now. My motivation kept running out, and I would be back to square one. I had my second child in december 2011, and I realised that motivation is always going to come and go. i cannot depend on it. I have too far to go, and I cannot expect the initial thrill of weight loss and the end goal, which is going to be years down the line, to keep me going. I had to commit to my weight loss. It took me a whole year to lose 2 stone last year. I am a slow loser. If I was depending on motivation, I would have given up long ago (and have given up sooooo many times). But I'm halfway into my second year and 2lbs away from my 3rd stone. I have so far to go, but I am commited to it.

There are a few things you can do to get you going again and the ladies have given some brilliant suggestions. But going by my own experience, its commitment that will get you through the struggles!

Maybe post here how you are feeling and we can help perk you up and make you want to do this again!

Back