Motivational tips please!!

Morning Laura, I am guessing that the twins have kept you busy and that is why you have not been on here for a few days.

Hope all is well. Did you get the furniture situation sorted out?

Come back and chat soon. xx

Remember leftovers go in the bin not mummy!
To destress fast walks in the buggy or go to the park and have 'races'. Make sure you have time off for proper exercise, great for everything and mummy's need proper time off! Hubby can watch the Grand Prix around them at the weekend!
know your triggers, if you always reach for a biscuit at 3pm then head off the low blood sugar that causes it with a banana at 2.30!
If snacking when they've gone to bed helps you unwind then try a non food relaxation, make a nice cosy nest of your chair/sofa a throw cushions, a book/knitting/whatever floats your boat, maybe have pamper nights; I do my nails watching Holby on Tuesday's!

Rock and Roll!!!

Hi DD2 -- How is going? There is a steps challenge on this site. I am tracking my stepa with a pedometer as I go about my day. I think you might find that motivational -- a few extra steps, etc.

Mel

Hi DD2 -- How are things with you and the twins. I was wondering if you considered taking the twins in turn swimming. Maybe one in the creche and the other with you in the pool, then the next time you swap. Some individual bonding and little activity.

Just a thought.

Mel

Hi Laura, how's things? :)

Hi DD2,

I carry around a one liter water bottle all day. I kept three wide rubberbands on it -- they start at the top in the morning and I move them to the bottom one at a time as I consume my water. It is a simple way of tracking your consumption.

The More You Drink, the More You Shrink!

Maximus said:
Mine must be as sad.... I love your posts Shirleen, they have that certain je ne sais quoi - a sort of cross between pathos and being unhinged;)

Works for me!

Cheers! I've been called unhinged before, I wonder why though?

Hi J
I hope you are well. Thank you for your lovely comments. You look lovely aswell, but your right you have to be happy with yourself xx

Hi Shirleen
Thank you for your advice. Your right about the snacking. I was terrible eating their food.For the last two weeks i haven't picked at their food, and put it straight in the bin. I feel so much better for doing this, as I was counting up all the extra calories and I was shocked on the amount I was eating extra. I have been going to netball, and just brought some kettlebells to try them aswell.

LGoswell said:
Hi Shirleen
Thank you for your advice. Your right about the snacking. I was terrible eating their food.For the last two weeks i haven't picked at their food, and put it straight in the bin. I feel so much better for doing this, as I was counting up all the extra calories and I was shocked on the amount I was eating extra. I have been going to netball, and just brought some kettlebells to try them aswell.

Ooh join us on the secret to shaping up thread on health and fitness for great tips on kettlebells!

Hi Mel
That is a really good idea, as they do fight for my attention which then causes me to stress and reach for the chocolate, and it would be lovely to have one to one with them x

Laura, I have ordered the kettlebell set and introduced myself on the thread too. I'll have to join you with the exercises..........that's if we can keep from laughing because of you know what!!!!! :8855:

Laura, I have ordered the kettlebell set and introduced myself on the thread too. I'll have to join you with the exercises..........that's if we can keep from laughing because of you know what!!!!! :8855:

GettingFitatFifty is a Kettleballs proponent, and she has done very well.

You go girlies!

Well, I've looked them up, but what do you do with them? :confused:

Whenever you fancy a chocolate snack reach into the fridge and eat a chilled carrot instead, it will satisfy the hunger and they are cheap at the moment and good for you! I just wash them and leave in the chiller part of the fridge. Good Luck!

Back