Mousse made with Gelatin.....Please Help !!!

Lesley cw

Hello everyone, please can i have some help, im sure i have read on here that you can make a mousse using leaf gelatin, but im not sure how to do it, so if anyone knows where i can find the thread or know how to make pleeeeese let me know...as i fancy a change from a shake..thank you in advance....xxx

Hi Lou Lou, I have never made the mousse using gelatine but I have made it using the the cambridge mix a mousse powder and it does make a nice change from a shake. You can get it from your cdc.

I have seen the thread on here about making a mousse with gelatine but be careful using it as there may be a reason why cambridge don't tell you to do it that way and hence sell the mix a mousse - I may be wrong. Try on the search tab above and just type in the releveant words and hopefully it will pop up. Good luck xx.

I've used it when I've run out of Mix a Mousse a couple of times - just dissolve the gelatine in a little boiling water (about 1/2 sachet usually works in a few tablespoons of water which may need a few seconds in the microwave to fully dissolve) - you then have to let it cool a little otherwise the mousse won't set - take the liquid you've used into acount when measuring your water for the mousse. Blend up the shake and tip the gelatine mix in. It will be a little bit less airy than the MAM but it does work. I don't think it had any adverse effects on ketosis etc. and it solved an emergency for me a couple of times
good luck

Thank you Zoe and boardwitless, i just dont like the taste or texture of the mixamousse..so i thought i would give the gelatin a go..not holding out much hope tho..thanks again.x

Can a CDC on here clarify if we can use gelatin? I have some spare gelatin and some shakes that I hate (strawberry and banana) but could eat them as a dessert if I can use gelatin. Otherwise they're going in the bin :)

I thought you used gelatine with the water flavouring to make it into a jelly?

I may be wrong...

I thought you used the gelatin with the water flavourings to make it into a jelly. Never done it myself so i maybe wrong.

Then you use Mix a Mousse to make the shakes into delicious desserts - which are lush!!

Lx

you probably do use the gelatin with water flavourings to make jelly but you can also use the MAM to make jelly so I believe they have the same uses!!x

Yep the mix a mousse is what I use to make the jelly too. Great news if we can use gelatine.

I have made mousses with leaf gelatine before. The challenge is doing this within the 15 minute time limit. What I do is actually make a bowl of plain gelatine with some sweetener added, pop it in the freezer until it's set, then scoop it into the blender with a little water and the shake. I pour the result into small silicone containers, put in the freezer for 5 mins then consume immediately.

I've used it when I've run out of Mix a Mousse a couple of times - just dissolve the gelatine in a little boiling water (about 1/2 sachet usually works in a few tablespoons of water which may need a few seconds in the microwave to fully dissolve) - you then have to let it cool a little otherwise the mousse won't set - take the liquid you've used into acount when measuring your water for the mousse. Blend up the shake and tip the gelatine mix in. It will be a little bit less airy than the MAM but it does work. I don't think it had any adverse effects on ketosis etc. and it solved an emergency for me a couple of times
good luck

Thanks for this info - just a question though - to make mouse with the shakes do you use the same amount of water as you would to make a normal shake? And your saying to make sure the water you use all up including making the gelatin cant go over this amount?...

Many thanks

Back