• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Mousse made with Gelatin.....Please Help !!!

Zoe.D

loving life
S: 22st3lb C: 11st7lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 10st10lb(48.23%)
Hi Lou Lou, I have never made the mousse using gelatine but I have made it using the the cambridge mix a mousse powder and it does make a nice change from a shake. You can get it from your cdc.

I have seen the thread on here about making a mousse with gelatine but be careful using it as there may be a reason why cambridge don't tell you to do it that way and hence sell the mix a mousse - I may be wrong. Try on the search tab above and just type in the releveant words and hopefully it will pop up. Good luck xx.

S: 13st13lb G: 12st2lb
I've used it when I've run out of Mix a Mousse a couple of times - just dissolve the gelatine in a little boiling water (about 1/2 sachet usually works in a few tablespoons of water which may need a few seconds in the microwave to fully dissolve) - you then have to let it cool a little otherwise the mousse won't set - take the liquid you've used into acount when measuring your water for the mousse. Blend up the shake and tip the gelatine mix in. It will be a little bit less airy than the MAM but it does work. I don't think it had any adverse effects on ketosis etc. and it solved an emergency for me a couple of times
good luck

Thank you Zoe and boardwitless, i just dont like the taste or texture of the mixamousse..so i thought i would give the gelatin a go..not holding out much hope tho..thanks again.x

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
S: 10st11.7lb C: 10st7.7lb G: 9st10.7lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 0st4lb(2.64%)
Can a CDC on here clarify if we can use gelatin? I have some spare gelatin and some shakes that I hate (strawberry and banana) but could eat them as a dessert if I can use gelatin. Otherwise they're going in the bin :)

LV30

Gold Member
S: 13st8lb C: 13st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 0st7lb(3.68%)
I thought you used gelatine with the water flavouring to make it into a jelly?

I may be wrong...

LV30

Gold Member
S: 13st8lb C: 13st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 0st7lb(3.68%)
I thought you used the gelatin with the water flavourings to make it into a jelly. Never done it myself so i maybe wrong.

Then you use Mix a Mousse to make the shakes into delicious desserts - which are lush!!

Lx

Zoe.D

loving life
S: 22st3lb C: 11st7lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 10st10lb(48.23%)
Yep the mix a mousse is what I use to make the jelly too. Great news if we can use gelatine.

Pandora Ghengis

forgive the silly name
S: 12st0lb C: 9st11lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 24.3 Loss: 2st3lb(18.45%)
I have made mousses with leaf gelatine before. The challenge is doing this within the 15 minute time limit. What I do is actually make a bowl of plain gelatine with some sweetener added, pop it in the freezer until it's set, then scoop it into the blender with a little water and the shake. I pour the result into small silicone containers, put in the freezer for 5 mins then consume immediately.

S: 13st6lb C: 11st9lb G: 9st9lb BMI: 26.3 Loss: 1st11lb(13.3%)
I've used it when I've run out of Mix a Mousse a couple of times - just dissolve the gelatine in a little boiling water (about 1/2 sachet usually works in a few tablespoons of water which may need a few seconds in the microwave to fully dissolve) - you then have to let it cool a little otherwise the mousse won't set - take the liquid you've used into acount when measuring your water for the mousse. Blend up the shake and tip the gelatine mix in. It will be a little bit less airy than the MAM but it does work. I don't think it had any adverse effects on ketosis etc. and it solved an emergency for me a couple of times
good luck

Thanks for this info - just a question though - to make mouse with the shakes do you use the same amount of water as you would to make a normal shake? And your saying to make sure the water you use all up including making the gelatin cant go over this amount?...

Many thanks