Mouth Ulcers anyone???

Sorry - this is a bit of a medical one!!
In the last couple of weeks I seem to be getting really bad mouth ulcers - have any of you experienced the same thing or is it just me and something that is not associated with the diet??
At the moment they are so bad and so sore - does anyone know if I can use Bonjella or will this effect my ketosis? Any advice welcomed....I'm in pain!!!!

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu :p

OH NO - I'm developing one! I've also had 2 nasty boils on the back of my thigh which someone else was also suffering from. They're still there and seem to be taking weeks to actually clear up xxx

OH NO - I'm developing one! I've also had 2 nasty boils on the back of my thigh which someone else was also suffering from. They're still there and seem to be taking weeks to actually clear up xxx

Oh nooo!! Poor you!! :confused: :confused: :confused: what's going on!
I think it must be down to detoxing as we are getting all our vitimins etc arn't we! I usually only get mouth ulcers when I'm run down, but I feel fine.
Hope we both get better soon! xxx:D

Hi Heather sorry about your mouth :( I think Karen1972 had problems a few weeks ago??
XXC

Thanks hon, I looked at karens but I think she had more of a lump - mine is def a mouth ulcer on the inside of my cheek - I would usually bung some Bonjella on it but I'm scared there may be some substance in it that will knock me out of ketosis! :eek:

Have you changed your toothpaste, I remember reading in a magazine that 90% of mouth ulcers are caused by certain chemicals in toothpaste.

I remember finding Total Colgate that didn't and haven't had one since.

M.

Have you changed your toothpaste, I remember reading in a magazine that 90% of mouth ulcers are caused by certain chemicals in toothpaste.

I remember finding Total Colgate that didn't and haven't had one since.

M.

Ohhhhhhh - you know what - I have just got a new toothpaste - thought I'd try a new one!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Thank you so much - I'll go and buy some Total Colgate!
Don't suppose you know whether there is anything I can use to treat the ones I have???

Nothing I can think of but if it gets unbearable then you may just have to just use the minutest amount of bonjela.

M.

ADCORTAL - not sure if that's the correct spelling but its a disgusting paste that actually forms a barrier bet used overnight - ITS BRILLIANT. It used to be available only by prescription but can now be purchased over the counter from good chemists xxx

ADCORTAL - not sure if that's the correct spelling but its a disgusting paste that actually forms a barrier bet used overnight - ITS BRILLIANT. It used to be available only by prescription but can now be purchased over the counter from good chemists xxx

Nothing I can think of but if it gets unbearable then you may just have to just use the minutest amount of bonjela.

M.

Thanks both, I'll try and see them through with nothing and change my toothpaste - and resort to medication if they get any sorer!

hey there... i had mouth ulcers just when i started cd in april and i used sea salt water in hot water and swished it around my mouth about 5 times a day and within a day and a half they were just about gone!!! worth a try

hope they get better soon

love

Gen xx

I have just got a mouth ulcer.. and when I first started the diet I got spots on my back - huge horrible ones!! But all cleared up, so I think it is just the whole detox thing... lol we go through it all don't we on this diet (bad breath, dry skin, hair loss, spots, ulcers!)... its a good job the results are worth it!

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon. The massive boil I got on my back is still there but not painful any more, it just looks horrible! No passion for me then!

Good News!!

I did what ice moose suggested and changed my toothpaste and I can't believe it but they cleared up within 24 hours!!
So thank you everyone (especially you ice moose!!!) I am now pain free :D !!!

Back