Moved away from home and gained weight, time to lose it!

Sorry I've been missing for a few days - it's been hectic! Busy at work with interviews and discussions regarding the new interns (my replacement is an awesome wee lad - can't wait!) and then we had a leaving meal for us lot leaving, then I got ill!! I've caught a nasty cold and been feeling like poop since Thursday. Plus it was that time of the month, and I get awful cramps. Not my best week! Today I'm feeling better though, I can breathe through my nose - progress!!

I've slipped up quite a few times this week. I think this is because I'm trying quite half-heartedly. I know I'm going to lose weight when I move home, purely because the environment is better and my days are structured differently and there isn't a sweetie shop when I look outside my window! The town I live in in Scotland is also very beautiful and every day I used to walk or cycle for hours. It would be nice to lose a bit but as long as I don't gain more, I'll be happy :)

Yesterday I ate really well. Here's my food diary:

Breakfast: Weetabix & OJ (4)
Lunch: PB sandwich (4)
Snack: Fruit (0.5) and jelly tots (2)
Dinner: Chicken Dippers, Chips & Veg (6)
Snack: Popcorn (1.5)

Total: 18 (a bit below the 20 that I should be having but I'm ill so my appetite has gone a little)

I also drank HEAPS of water because I'm trying to flush this bug out my system (also gargled salt water - yuck!)

Weighed myself this morning and I've lost 3lbs! Now 11st 4lbs :)

Not sure if it's because I'm ill (although I've not been physically sick) or if it's because my TOTM has finished now.

Either way a great result and I'm very happy :)

Sorry I've been missing for a few days - it's been hectic! Busy at work with interviews and discussions regarding the new interns (my replacement is an awesome wee lad - can't wait!) and then we had a leaving meal for us lot leaving, then I got ill!! I've caught a nasty cold and been feeling like poop since Thursday. Plus it was that time of the month, and I get awful cramps. Not my best week! Today I'm feeling better though, I can breathe through my nose - progress!!

I've slipped up quite a few times this week. I think this is because I'm trying quite half-heartedly. I know I'm going to lose weight when I move home, purely because the environment is better and my days are structured differently and there isn't a sweetie shop when I look outside my window! The town I live in in Scotland is also very beautiful and every day I used to walk or cycle for hours. It would be nice to lose a bit but as long as I don't gain more, I'll be happy :)

Total: 18 (a bit below the 20 that I should be having but I'm ill so my appetite has gone a little)

I also drank HEAPS of water because I'm trying to flush this bug out my system (also gargled salt water - yuck!)

Not sure if it's because I'm ill (although I've not been physically sick) or if it's because my TOTM has finished now.

Hey Sweetie :) I wondered where you had gone! Sorry to hear you've been feeling unwell, that on top of TOTM, aren't you lucky, not! Well Done on yr 3lbs loss, Vintage definitely seems to work for you, keep up the hard work. Hope you're feeling 100% soon. X

just read ur diary sounds like ur doing really well :)
well done with the 3lb loss!!

Thanks, still not feeling 100% myself but the worst of this illness is over!

I really want to eat well this week as I'm going home for a visit this weekend and therefore going out a lot for lunches and dinners to catch up with friends. I also know my metre long tube of Jaffa cakes is still there, unopened since Christmas!

Thanks, still not feeling 100% myself but the worst of this illness is over!

I really want to eat well this week as I'm going home for a visit this weekend and therefore going out a lot for lunches and dinners to catch up with friends. I also know my metre long tube of Jaffa cakes is still there, unopened since Christmas!

OMG I love Jaffa Cakes, how many Vintage Points are they? They are 1pp in my plan. X

Jaffa cakes are about 0.75pts each for us, so about 1.5pt for two. That's not all that bad considering how yummy they are!

So far today I've had:

Breakfast: Coco pops & OJ (5pts)
Snack: Jelly Tots (2pts) & Alpen Light bar (1pt) - I have an addiction to jelly tots lol! I need my morning sugar!

For the rest of the day I plan to have:

Lunch: Reduced fat Tuna & Sweetcorn on wholemeal bread (3pts)
Snacks: 3 Pancakes (3pts) Yoghurt (2pts) Watermelon & Apple (1pt)
Dinner: Stir fry (5pts)

= A Total of 22pts

And as it's a week day I do lots of walking to and from work. I walk 45 minutes in 15 minute bursts throughtout my commute (1 + 1/2 hrs total)

Jaffa cakes are about 0.75pts each for us, so about 1.5pt for two. That's not all that bad considering how yummy they are!

So far today I've had:

Breakfast: Coco pops & OJ (5pts)
Snack: Jelly Tots (2pts) & Alpen Light bar (1pt) - I have an addiction to jelly tots lol! I need my morning sugar!

For the rest of the day I plan to have:

Lunch: Reduced fat Tuna & Sweetcorn on wholemeal bread (3pts)
Snacks: 3 Pancakes (3pts) Yoghurt (2pts) Watermelon & Apple (1pt)
Dinner: Stir fry (5pts)

= A Total of 22pts

And as it's a week day I do lots of walking to and from work. I walk 45 minutes in 15 minute bursts throughtout my commute (1 + 1/2 hrs total)

I was just about to say u must be addicted to Jelly Tots and then I saw that u had wrote that lol x

Chocolate Buttons & Jelly Tots. Jelly Tots are 2pts where as buttons are 9pts so I've started having tots instead. Still not an fantastically healthy choice but I get my sugar fix :)

Chocolate Buttons & Jelly Tots. Jelly Tots are 2pts where as buttons are 9pts so I've started having tots instead. Still not an fantastically healthy choice but I get my sugar fix :)

Do u buy the little packs of jelly tots? X

Yeah I do, I get them from ASDA :)

They're great if you're after something sweet but don't want to go over your point limit :)

I just had my Strawberry Ski Yoghurt (YUM!! Definitely getting these again!) and my watermelon (bit of a dissapointment and bad quality - it was all squishy. I got the snack pack version from ASDA)

I'll have some pancakes at 4.30, an apple on my way home thenstir fry for dinner at 8ish! :D

They're great if you're after something sweet but don't want to go over your point limit :)

I just had my Strawberry Ski Yoghurt (YUM!! Definitely getting these again!) and my watermelon (bit of a dissapointment and bad quality - it was all squishy. I got the snack pack version from ASDA)

I'll have some pancakes at 4.30, an apple on my way home thenstir fry for dinner at 8ish! :D

You're sounding very organised! I always think the Snack Pack Fruit isn't very good quality, always very mushy and squashy but it's so convenient. X

This is my first bad experience with the snack packs, usually I have the apple and they're great quality. Shame :(

Back