Moving from CD

ZoBo

Silver Member
My mum is moving from CD to WW on sunday & is worried about putting weight on.

Has anyone else changed from a vlcd to ww & put weight on?

She still has 2 stone to go, but cd is making her feel horrendous, so she is having a change.

Thanks

I would've thought hun that going from not eating conventional foods to then eating again may cause a bit of a hiccup the first couple of weeks when she goes to WW, but if she does go down this route she mustn't get dispondant, and keep going. Is she really finding Cambridge that bad? If she's been doing SS, would it help if she tried SS+ for a while? Sorry if that doesn't help much, I thought several times when it got very hard 'if I'd been doing WW at least I'd be eating,' but then I manage to keep going! Wish your mum luck from me whatever she decides to do x

Well done on your weight loss by the way......... x

Hi, sorry thought I had replied to this earlier....but clearly hadn't!

I moved from a vlcd to WW and didn't gain the first week - actually lost 2.5lbs which I was totally amazed at - I STS the second week though.

I think the key is not to go mad with the normal foods and take it easy re carbs re-introduction particularly.

On the first few weeks into WW I didn't eat anything starchy or sugary at all - no carbs other than in fresh fruit and veg. When I did re-introduce them, I made sure it was wholegrain varieties and still try and steer clear of too much bread

The other week I had a mad splurge on carbs and put on 5lbs - did lose it pretty quickly too mind as I think it just bloats you up and puts on water weight.

Tell you mum to keep with healthy foods, porridge, fruit and veg, protein etc and she should be fine - at least for a couple of weeks before going more processed.

I did my vlcd for 10 weeks and by the end of it my body was craving fresh fruit and veg - even though the CD (and the others) is nutritionally balanced, I really missed the freshness of getting my vitamins.

Good luck to your mum and I hope she does well. xx

less rotund one, fab post love x

Thanks for all the replies. She is starting tomorrow. So fingers crossed.. She says as long as she sts & doesn't gain then she'll stay on it. x

I am thinking of doing this from July onwards, will stick with CD until then but financially i can't really manage it after that and i would like to lose the last stone or so with WW as i love WW and nearly 6 months on CD ss will be enough for me i think!

How did your mum get on Zobo? xx

She's getting on ok, but is nervous about weighing herself on friday.

I'm sure she will be fine. x

hi
i switched from cd to ww. and just had my first proper wi on ww after doimg it for one week and have lost 5lbs this week.... thats 2.5 lb since last wi as went from a morning wi on cd to an evening on ww... so really pleased and was very easy to do...
hope your mums gets on well...

Well my mum has lost 3.5 lbs this week & she's not done a full week yet.....
Hopefully she can keep it up!! Thanks for all the replies. x

Back