Extra Easy Moving House

dreamslim

Silver Member
Hi all,

I am moving next week and am getting very excited so have started preparing things already. I am moving out of my parents so the beauty of it is I get a completely blank slate kitchen wise and as my flatmate is joining sw on Mon can have a totally sw friendly kitchen!! :yippee::party0011:
I have started preparing a list of basic kitchen essentials, I haven't included meat, fresh veg, milk and veg as I will buy these as and when we need them so here goes...............
Mixed Herbs
Curry Powder
Cumin
Pasta
Tea Bags
Coffee
Sugar
Rice
Fry Light
Garlic
Ketchup
Brown Sauce
Frozen Veg
Potatoes
Onions
Mushroom
Beef Stock
Veg Stock
Tomato Puree
Low Fat Butter
Mullerlights :D

Can anyone think of anything I've missed? I'm working on the basis that those items plus meat, bread, milk and a bit of fresh veg should be the basis of pretty much any sw meal on the planet! :)

louisedan said:
good luck . I keep tins toms and other veg so always sf there if nothing fresh left. Syn free noodles always handy too.

Thank you, definitely need the tinned toms and syn free noodles, maybe also some light soy sauce. Not fussed on tinned veg as I prefer frozen or fresh but you've reminded me of 2 more things I need. Haha. Thanks.

I find balsamic vinegar very handy too,
passsata, instead of tom puree (puree is synned)
no added sugar squash
sweetener (granulated for baking and tablets for tea/coffee) instead of sugar
lentils
tinned beans (baked, cannelini etc)
quorn mince and sausages

good luck in your new home xx

kerryathome said:
I find balsamic vinegar very handy too,
passsata, instead of tom puree (puree is synned)
no added sugar squash
sweetener (granulated for baking and tablets for tea/coffee) instead of sugar
lentils
tinned beans (baked, cannelini etc)
quorn mince and sausages

good luck in your new home xx

Thank you. I only just realised I put sugar. Haha. I never have the stuff but is nice to have a little bag for entertaining guests (well, my brother who has 4 sugars in his tea!!!) but they'll have to put up with sweetener. Haha. I know purée is synned but I have to confess to being naughty because it works out as about 0.5 syns for a portion of spag Bol etc that serves 4 or whatever the ridiculous thing is. Lol.
NAS squash defo and I don't like beans but I guess if my flatmate does........ :)

Don't forget some breakfast cereal hun to start your day off well!

Pasta 'n' Sauce and Mug Shots for emergencies!

Moving house is exhausting so have a big bowl of fruit prepared on the kitchen worktop ready!

Maybe some Alpen Lights or Kelloggs Fibre Plus bars etc to have with a cuppa whilst your unpacking?

Good luck in your new home!

Ali* said:
Don't forget some breakfast cereal hun to start your day off well!

Pasta 'n' Sauce and Mug Shots for emergencies!

Moving house is exhausting so have a big bowl of fruit prepared on the kitchen worktop ready!

Maybe some Alpen Lights or Kelloggs Fibre Plus bars etc to have with a cuppa whilst your unpacking?

Good luck in your new home!

I usually have toast or magic porridge for breakfast coz I'm too lazy to weigh. Haha (although that reminds me, I need some porridge oats as well).
Thanks everyone for all the help and good wishes - great idea about having snacks on hand for moving day - have prepared kettle etc for tea but hadn't thought about getting peckish!! :)

Rice and cous cous.
Pasata
Tinned tomatoes
Worcershire sauce
Beans
Quark
Cottage cheese
Paprika
Chinese 5 spice
Tinned tuna
Mug shots
Pasta n sauces
Pot shots (curry ones are free n delish!)
Alpen light bars/hi-fi bars
Low fat supernoodles
Tinned Pasta hoops/ shapes!
Noodles
Soy sauce

It all depends what you like but this is stuff regularly on my shopping list!

Hi hun. Congrats on the move! I know you mentioned you don't like weighing , so babybels are good for your HEA , ryvita, alpen lights for your HEB & failing that a set of scales!!

Will this be the first time you do your own shopping? If so, there are a load of threads about how to do SW on s budget on here & remember that own brands can be subsituted for most branded foods to save money.

kingleds said:
Hi hun. Congrats on the move! I know you mentioned you don't like weighing , so babybels are good for your HEA , ryvita, alpen lights for your HEB & failing that a set of scales!!

Will this be the first time you do your own shopping? If so, there are a load of threads about how to do SW on s budget on here & remember that own brands can be subsituted for most branded foods to save money.

I've actually been doing the shopping at my parents since doing sw so it's more the fact that I'm gonna have carte Blanche kitchen wise whereas my parents obviously already have the staple foods.
I have lived on my own before but live off ready meals, takeaways and chicken dippers. Lol. Got into the habit of cooking these days though so should be much more positive. :)

Chinese five spice and soy sauce for stir frys.
Barbecue seasoning for wedges
Spaghetti Bol Oxo cubes
Tikka curry powder
Instant mash
Tinned spaghetti
Tinned beans (baked, kidney, salad)
If you've got an Asda buy the crushed garlic, Ginger and green chillis in the frozen section, there's loads in a bag and each is 97p!

Back