Mrs Scandude's Slimming World food diaries

Are they the SW frozen meals or SW recipes I wonder - handy to have ready made ones in but don't mind making them when I have time either!

I live a mile up a steep hill up from Colwyn Bay - we like it here and now we're retired we can make the most of the outdoors but not this week of course - altho we haven't had it as bad a some people :eek:
The frozen ones. Though I do like to make my own when I get chance.

Ah Colwyn Bay - lovely. We go and stay a lot in Llandudno and Conwy :) Hubby loves the mountains and I love the sea so it's just perfect for us.

Morning, morning, here we are again on Monday and hopefully the weather will be kinder to us all this week. Can do without another week like last, for one thing, I ran out of speed foods at least once!! All being well it won't have an impact on tomorrow's weigh in!
Today's planned noms
Breakfast - sweet couscous, grapes and yogurt (free), blackberries, satsuma (speed)
I know that apparently sweet couscous is a tweak, not sure why though. And neither were Slimming World when I emailed to ask. To my mind there's no difference in doing this for breakfast than having couscous as part of a meal with speed and free foods (such as vegetables and meat), for lunch or tea. So I'm willing to risk it!
Lunch - 1/2 a tin of Stagg vegetable chilli (free), half a pack Aldi wholegrain rice with quinoa (1.5 syns) and spinach (speed)
Tea - Beef stew made of beef (funnily enough!), new potatoes, 2 stock pots and Worcestershire sauce (free), with carrots, turnip, leeks, red onions (speed). This has all been bunged in the slow cooker before leaving for work this morning, so let's see what it's like when I get home! I may or may not put a synned cornflour in to the gravy to thicken it a bit, we will see. **update** I did put a little cornflour in it (1 syn between 2 of us – so 0.5) I was a bit disappointed with the stew, got to be honest. It just didn’t taste as nice as I hoped. I didn’t caramelise my meat and onions, maybe that was the problem.
In between – 2 Broghies (2 syns), Light Philadelphia (6 syns), 2 Pringles (2), Ham and spinach wrap (b choice)
Ended the day on 12 syns

Last edited:
The frozen ones. Though I do like to make my own when I get chance.

Ah Colwyn Bay - lovely. We go and stay a lot in Llandudno and Conwy :) Hubby loves the mountains and I love the sea so it's just perfect for us.

I think some of the SW frozen meals are lovely & big portions! You'll have to give me a wave next time you come!

Tasty day's food again - you have a lot of variety - I shd copy you! I can't see why sweet couscous could be called a tweak either!

I think some of the SW frozen meals are lovely & big portions! You'll have to give me a wave next time you come!

Tasty day's food again - you have a lot of variety - I shd copy you! I can't see why sweet couscous could be called a tweak either!
Haha Oh I will definitely!
No, I really don't get it and Slimming World couldn't explain it properly. I can understand why they would recommend you don't eat it in between meals, but not AS a meal??? Oh well lol

Weigh day and I’m really hoping I get that 2.5lb off tonight to get my 2 stones award – eek!!!! Well we will have to just wait and see – hopefully it’ll happen. Fingers crossed. Tonight is Taster Night for the Greatest Loser and I’ve made sweet potato and onion pakoras. They smell amazing! Hope there’s a good mix of food available, if not I’ll just sit in the corner with my pakoras bwahahahahaha!!!!
Today’s noms
Breakfast
- sweet couscous, yogurt (free), blueberries, blackberries, satsuma (speed)
Lunch - 1/2 a tin of Stagg vegetable chilli (free), half a pack Aldi wholegrain rice with quinoa (1.5 syns), lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, peppers (speed), sweet chilli potatoes (2)
Tea – there was a really good mix of food at the taster evening, loads of pastas, currys, chillis, rice dishes etc. We even had sausage rolls and brownies! Very nice. I didn’t go mad though and when I came home had a spinach and ham wrap (b choice) and a crème egg (9 syns)
I lost 2lb, not the 2.5lb I wanted for my 2 stones award, but no worries. I’ll get it next week. It’s only half a pound and I intend on staying well on track this week so should be achievable!

Last edited:
Hoping you get your award!

Good morning, here we are at the start of a brand new Slimming World week! Oh the excitement, oh the possibilities, oh the opportunities! :D Note to self, must drink more water this week, did not drink anywhere near enough last week.:waterbottle:
Today’s planned noms
Breakfast
- sweet couscous, grapes, yogurt (free), raspberries, blackberries, satsuma (speed) – really going to have to change that tomorrow, had it every day this week!
Lunch – sweet potato and onion pakoras (free), potato wedges (free), rocket, watercress and lettuce, tomatoes and pepper (speed), WW wrap (b choice), SW houmous (0.5 a syn), and ex light mayo (0.5 syn)
Tea – Nothing planned as yet. We need to go home tonight and start taking up our laminate floor in the kitchen as having new flooring laid on Saturday, so I would imagine it will be something quick and easy that needs little prep, potentially a rotisserie chicken and salad from the supermarket or a ready meal. We’ll see. **UPDATE** - We ended up with a freezer meal - I had a SW chicken saag with Iceland rice and spinach. Then later I had another creme egg :)
Syns = 10

Last edited:
Well done on your 2lb loss as you say you can celebrate next week!

Here we are on Thursday, and my last day of the working week. Had a proper shock when I got up this morning, it had snowed heavily AGAIN overnight and the roads etc were a real mess going into work - a journey that normally takes 25 minutes took me and hubby 2hrs 20mins! :eek:
I had my breakfast in the car, luckily enough it was easy to eat :)
Breakfast - 2 small omelettes made with ham, spinach, peppers and a Philly light tub (2.5 syns)
Lunch - 1/2 pouch curried lentils (1.5 syns), 1/2 pouch basmati rice (0.5 syn), spinach and tomatoes (speed)
Tea - well again we're working on the floor tonight so who knows what I'll be having but it will definitely be on plan; so TBC!
In between - banana (free) and 2 x satsumas (speed) A choice in coffee/tea

Last edited:
That was a long journey - weather was similar here but thankfully the snow was very wet and the sun melted most of it by the afternoon - hope it was the same with you and your home journey was much quicker?

Well I've been MIA for a week now, but 100% on plan and I'm happy to report I got my 2 stone award this week, having lost another 3lb! Yay for me :):)
Today's food:
Breakfast - 2 small omelettes made with red onion, spinach, peppers and mushrooms, with tomato and more spinach
Lunch - 1/2 pouch Tesco Wholegrain rice (1 syn), 1/2 tin Tesco vegetable chilli (1 syn), side salad
Tea - chickpea dahl with added speed - cauli, carrot, broccoli, mushroom and free peas on a bed of spinach with 1.5 syns worth of more rice and SW chips. Was a big tea but was staaaarving. Later on I had greek yogurt with 1/2 syns worth of choc shot and raspberries, followed by a Freddo (5) AND popcorn! Greedy girl! Still, syns are there to be used and I still only had 15 so all good.

Last edited:
Friyayyyyyyy!
Breakfast - I'm rebelling and having sweet couscous, with greek lemon Muller and speedy raspberries, strawberry and blackberries, plus a bit of mango
Lunch - will be the same as yesterday - 1/4 pouch Tesco Wholegrain rice (0.5 syn), 1/2 tin Tesco vegetable chilli (1 syn), jacket potato, side salad
Tea - Slimming World Chinese banquet, prawn crackers (3 syns) and WW wrap (b choice)
In between - banana (free) nectarine (speed)
Have a good Friday!

Last edited:
That was a long journey - weather was similar here but thankfully the snow was very wet and the sun melted most of it by the afternoon - hope it was the same with you and your home journey was much quicker?
It was, upndown, much quicker. Most of the snow had gone here too, in fact it was crazy how quickly it melted considering how bad it had been in the morning. Very bizarre!

Monday again, the weeks are just flying by. I'm on holiday next week, just going to Norfolk for a couple of days. Looking forward to having a nice break from work :)
Breakfast - 3 mini quiches (cottage cheese, eggs, bacon (free), red onion and peppers (speed) served with speedy spinach and tomatoes
Lunch - Soup (butternut squash, red onions (speed), veg stock and a sprinkle of cinnamon), 3 slices crustless wholemeal bread (b choice), ham and boiled egg (free)
Tea - Jacket potato with cheese and bacon (5.5 syns), roast chicken (no skin), green vegetable medley (1 syn)
Ended the day on 6.5 syns :)

Last edited:
Have a lovely break - Norfolk's a lovely part of the country!

Back