MrsDraven's Back to the drawing board weight loss Journal!!

MrsDravenx

......So It Begins!!

Thank you all for taking the time out of your valuable schedules to read my diary!. So to start with i thought id tell you all how i managed to balloon to the size i am at the moment, but first we'll start with the beginning pre tubby woman:p..Pre meeting my fiance i was curvy in all the right places and my weight was a very dainty 9st with being only 5'0 I was well on my way to being my target weight, i was extremely touchy about what i ate and hardly indulged in junk, in fact i didn't eat chocolate for months and the weight just seemed to fall off me, I saw the error of my ways when i was extremely poorly..I almost fainted and then from that moment on my appetite and what i wanted to eat we're soon changed, I lost over a stone when my habits changed. At my smallest here I was a size 12 but would manage at times to get into a size 10, I was at my happiest here..In fact i think ill dig out a picture :D: (Apologies if they turn out huge!!)

slimm.jpg

This picture was taken only months after i first met my now fiance!. As you can see I was very confident about the way i felt and looked and had all these lovely attractive outfits!.

After around 6 months of courting and an engagement, my weight slowly began to rise!..His mother put my rapid weight gain down to contentment but i just put it down to pigging out!:rolleyes:..Que another picture! (Again, apologies if it turns out huge!)
prepreg2.jpg

Before i knew it I was back to my starting weight of 11 stone and i was slightly disheartened!, we started trying for a baby and in September 2011 I found out i was pregnant, i was overjoyed as was fiance! At my first midwife appointment my weight was 11 stone i thought the scales we're broken at first but unfortunately that wasn't the case! :|..I eventually gave birth via c-section on 6th June 2012 to a healthy 7lb 11oz baby boy and we called him Sebastian Edward =]..

The thing that most told me that enough was enough was this picture of me on Halloween 2012 with my fiance :\..After taking in my double chins and how hideously large my belly and legs look on this i decided action needed to be taken!. This picture was taken 4 months after I had my son

527380_10151119938186378_1826194592_n.jpg

And just for fun a picture of me, my fiance, Ian and of course our son and this was 7 months postpartum!

MummydaddyandSebbie.jpg

I love that coat it hides a multitude of sins underneath it;)..Id really like to get back to my 9 stone figure..So as of tomorrow im going to pick up exercise a little, cut out all my sweet delights i have been indulging on for the past 10 months and of course try and eat a little better :)

if you've made it this far then im pleased to tell you its the end of the entry and i hope you will all follow me in my quest to fight the flab! :)

- Danii:flirt2:

Last edited:
I managed to read through it all :p do you plan on doing any specific diet or just general better eating?? I going to start low carb as of tomorrow and hopefully that will kick start my weight loss.

Keep us updated and the bet I luck :) xx

Yay you made it to the end LOL! :D..Its more to eat properly rather than go on a diet as my will power is small enough without adding the pressures of dieting to the mix LOL :D xx

9th April 2O13 - 9:45PM - Diet Day 1!

Today has been very productive!, ive managed to resist the temptation of full sugar coca cola instead substituting it for fizzy water that tastes like fruit as we both know i wouldn't last 2 minutes on this 'sensible eating' regime on normal water
;)..But the downside of today is ive consumed not enough calories to feed a small army!..I read somewhere that the idea calorie intake for a woman is somewhere around 1,200 and ive eaten 434 and finding things to bulk up that isn't easy!

Operation jog it off commences tomorrow!, first time in my life I have taken up jogging so i dont really know how its going to go but im determined to make a real go of it!..Ive also been looking at gym prices in my area and i tell you what..Some of the prices are a real joke!:eek:, so tomorrow I may phone my local gym and ask about what offers they have on, if not then i dont mind exercising for free! :D (AKA walking, jogging etc)

I managed to get quite a majority of my ironing pile done but that probably doesn't contribute to much calorie burning!, but carrying a 20+lb baby up and down stairs must account for something surely :p

Anyway, i better get my washing sorted otherwise im going to have one grumpy fiance on my hands! :)

Stay strong people!!

Danii:D

Sadness!

23rd April 2013 - 10:27pm - Diet Day 14!

I have been extremely naughty in regards to updating how im going with my sensible eating regime!..Truth is, not so good
:(..Ive had a lot of stress recently, i should probably talk about it to get it out of my system as its completely destroyed my sensible eating! :\, unfortunately im back on the full sugar coke but im going to restart and forget it and see it as a minor hiccup!

Exercise wise things are going pretty good!
:D, im not jogging but im starting to walk a lot more and we've had the perfect sunny days to go with it too!, on Monday i walked all the way from my house to the local park and spent an hour walking around the lake with my 10 month old son he enjoyed the fresh air and ended up going straight down for a nap as soon as i got back, sometimes he doesn't settle easy and im constantly backwards and forwards to check on him but we're getting there slowly!:D

I booked my first holiday in 2 years on Sunday, we're off to Mablethorpe on June 17th for 4 nights and i want more than ever to get into shape before that time, i was scowering the internet for a nice swimsuit yesterday and you find the choices for skinny people are stunning..One pieces and bikini's alike all in gorgeous vibrant colours..I just cant help but long to wear one!:(, all they have for us more 'Voluptuous' ladies are black, black and more black one pieces and its so boring to see!, my previous costume was a size 16 blue tankini number which loved as it showcased my bump nicely when i was pregnant!:cool:, but post partum and laiden with angry red stretchmarks i dont feel like showcasing very much!..I was looking into a swim dress with a moderately long skirt to cover my thighs as its the worst area for stretch marks! :\..I may have to take a picture of them and put it here as a sort of boot up the ass if i think about cheating because they really are that hideous!:jelous:

So now we come to the not so good part of my entry that has caused my diet to come crashing down!..I know this happened nearly 6 years ago almost but still to this day i feel like ive been cheated somehow :(. So my brother got his now ex girlfriend pregnant and they didn't find out until she was at least 10 weeks pregnant from what ive been told or observed they did tell my parents about it but they neglected to even tell me and i had random people (who knew my brother of course) come up to me when i was in school and congratulate me and i had no idea what it was for, so id look at them gone out until they explained to me finally that my brother had told them his girlfriend was pregnant but at the time i thought they we're tormenting me as i had problems with bully's when i was younger :\

Anyway, to cut a long story short they waited for months and months until finally deciding to terminate as my brother was only 20 at the time and his girlfriend still in her teens and she wanted to go to college, i only found this out recently after doing a little digging as me and my brother we're members of the same car forum and i found his forum topic stating it!..I just feel so stupid about it all :(..Now i have one of my own i couldn't really ever think of life without him..My niece or nephew would be nearly 6 years old this year..And all of this has thrown me off guard a little and caused my sensible eating to take a nose dive and for me to reach for the nearest unhealthy thing just to numb the pain a little:(

Anyway, thats enough waffling for me for today!! Thanks for reading!!

Happy dieting!

Danii!:wave_cry:

1st May 2O13 - 1O:2OPM - Diet Day 21

Can you believe we're in May already?
:eek:..April seemed to zoom by and now im panicking as we're getting ever closer to the holiday (1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days to go!) and i dont feel any skinnier :\, I took the dangerous plunge finally and bought myself a lovely bright pink bikini on Monday:eek:..Im hoping this will be the kick up the ass i need to take things a little more seriously, ive been trying desperately all week to keep my stress levels under control to stop me munching on everything in sight!. I had a reasonably healthy 400 odd calorie tea today and another 400 odd for dinner so that takes me to a grand total of 800 and something calories consumed..Throw in about 2 giant chocolate buttons to keep me going and there we go..Was a bit naughty earlier and had a can of coke when i went to the park and a small bag of sweets:rolleyes:..But I brisk walked my way there and was about passing out when i got there from exhaustion..Really does show how much ive let myself go:(..My pre pregnancy weight self would of managed to brisk it there and back without breaking a sweat:rolleyes:

I was supposed to weigh myself this week and it completely slipped my mind!, to be honest i dont think ive lost anything..I think its gone the other way and ive gained :\..Who knew trying to shed weight would be the hardest thing ever..But ever the stubborn bugger I am i refuse to give up at the moment!

I will probably update again when i get a minute or so! (;

Happy dieting

Danii!:D

Hey Danii! Welcome to the forum. I have 4 stone to lose too. It feels a bit daunting at first, but I'm remaining hopeful. I'm on weight watchers which I find good as the weigh ins motivate me to be good!

I comfort eat too, but something I read today helped me to realise that it's not worth it in the long run. Comfort eating deals with the negative emotions you're experiencing in the very short term, but then longer term you feel upset you've overeaten and that can bring guilt etc which just make you feel even worse. So with that in mind I'm trying not to comfort eat at all, and trying to help myself feel better in other ways.

8th May 2O13 - 10:00PM - Diet day 28

Its been a whole week since i updated but ive come back to say that dieting is damn hard work!
:cry:, but i haven't come here to whinge about how fat I am and what not..As i already do that on a daily basis to a very fed up fiance :D

I had a very hysterical crying fit yesterday about having nothing to wear (pretty pathetic reason i know), but when your surrounded by size 12/14 clothes and your weight has somehow ballooned that you can get them over your knees then you really do feel like crying. I found my really tiny gap jeans yesterday i bought over 3 years ago, it really was amazing how tiny I used to be until i compared them to my waist, then did the disappointment in myself really take over!..Que around half an hour of crying on Ian's shoulder about how im fat and frumpy and nothing ever looks that good on me!..Poor man seems to put up with my really bad mood swings!

Bad news is i think my IBS has somehow flared back up!, i blame eating my body weight in grilled bacon and bread as i cant get enough of both at the moment but today i had a very varied diet of grilled sausages and special actifry chips..I enjoyed it a lot but now im starting to regret eating them as ive eaten 961 calories excluding the gravy
:eek:

I took my first jog around the block today and it really put into perspective how unfit I really am, i got about half way around my street and i had to slow down to a brisk walk and i was breathless and exhausted!..My thinner self would of managed a lap easy without panting and puffing for air every two minutes!, but im determined to keep this up as i felt pretty good doing it :)I had my iphone on full blast with my favourite songs and i found that jogging to the beat was easy and took my mind off the tiredness for a short time!..So i may load up my songs tomorrow and go for a jog while Ian takes his mother to the doctor..And just gradually ease myself back into the exercise world, in total today i managed to burn 1,949 calories which makes up for the coke I indulged on today

Tomorrow i WILL weigh myself!! And try not to get too down if the news isn't good..But with the little jog and all the housework ive done today i cant help remain somewhat optimistic!..So i will update on the news of my weigh in tomorrow! :D

Happy dieting!
:D

- Danii x

Feeling the loss!! =D

9th May 2013 - 9:24pm - Diet Day 29
Current weight - 12 Stone 13lb. -1lb :D

I take back my moany past post about how gross i feel..Well actually i still feel gross but i feel that my confidence has peaked from this afternoons weigh in!:)..I know the afternoon is a bad time to weigh yourself but ive had a very busy morning but i may re-weigh myself tomorrow to make sure im not imagining the loss..Im now 1lb lighter..No its not 3/4/5lb but im still thankful for my loss however large or small it is!:D..So that is my kick up the ass i need!..Its now a challenge for me to try and keep that pound off and possibly add to it!

Today's calorie intake has been a bit on the low side i ate 797 calories and only managed to burn 86 and that was from climbing the stairs several times today! I didn't jog today due to the weather being really crappy, cold and wet!..I know it seems im trying to get out of it with an excuse and blaming it on the weather but i never jog in the cold or rain as my immune systems not the strongest in the world and ill more than likely end up with cold:(

Im now determined more than ever to fit into that lovely bright pink bikini i bought myself for a months time when we're off to Mablethorpe..Just crossing my fingers for some fine June weather to go with it, that would be perfect!

Anyway, waffling to the side..My next weigh in will be 16th May..And hopefully my progress will be greater :)

Happy dieting!

Danii!​

Last edited:
Spinning is PAINFUL!!!

14th May 2O13, 10:47PM - Diet Day 34

Apologies for the lack of an update for the past 5 days!
:eek:..Ive been busy feeling the burn of dieting as my eating habits seem to be a bit a miss thesedays..So tomorrow ive decided to try myself eating breakfast which is going to be tough as ive not eaten breakfast since i was 16!:rolleyes:..Even during pregnancy i refused to eat breakfast..I suppose it was the time of morning and I had so much nausea whenever i did eat breakfast back in the day but ill give it a whirl! :D

So today, i had my very first spinning session..And oh my good night i thought i was going to die!..I have been well and truly worked today...Even if the sweat was pouring off me like a river much to the disgust of the instructor who was a very nice man indeed and made me feel really good shouting encouragements in my direction..Such as 'Excellent work, Danii'..Or 'Well done Danii'..I blushed quite a lot:eek:, and he told me at the end of the session that for a noob i did amazing..Even if I was struggling to keep up with everyone in the class who seemed to be working flat out and hardly breaking a sweat..Jealous much! :\

So i think i will spin twice a week and rest on a Thursday before walking more..it sounds like the perfect exercise rota!..So weigh in day looms closer and im not nervous for once!..I have had a fairly good week with no cakes..Well lets say little to no cakes..Saturday i was a bit naughty and indulged myself in my favourite vanilla cupcake..Was heaven!..But i think i more than likely worked it off today!..I typed it into my exercise app on my phone and apparently ive burned up to 600 calories for the hour of work i put in!..Just hope it all pays off for weigh in day :)

Well, im off to dose myself up on paracetamol as my ass is seriously killing me from spinning :\

Happy dieting!

Danii!​

16th May 2O13, DD 36 --- -3lb ;D

16th May 2O13, 3:22PM - Diet Day 36
12 Stone 10lb - -3lb:eek:

Well..Weigh in day was today and I almost fell off my scales when i counted the little notches from where i was last time i weighed myself!, i must of counted like 3 times and each time i end up at 3!..Im still thinking it cant be right, but im happy either way!

Im crediting my weight loss to spinning on Tuesday!, im still extremely achy..My bottom is getting better but my legs are still pretty achy and im even finding walking a challenge at the moment, their just so achy it feels like my muscles are going to fall out lol!:rolleyes:

So im thinking about taking up zumba in between my spinning days, but maybe leaving it a few more days until the aches have well and truly left me..I realise that Sutton isn't such a bad place to live after all!, yes the chavs are annoying but i have so much exercise activity on my door step and i never knew about half of it but thank goodness for google :D..I have enquired about Zumba classes and its still only 3 quid a lesson which isn't bad, so it'd take my grand total of activity cost to around £7 a week..And thats cheaper than your average gym thesedays!..Even though i love the gym the cost is extortionate!, the cheapest i found was around £18 a month which wasn't bad, but then id have bus fare on top of that also so it'd be over 20 quid! :\

My grand total of weight lost now goes to 4lb!:D..So onwards and upwards from here on out!..I will not back down now im doing so well, we go away a month tomorrow and im well and truly determined to look fabulous in my bright pink ruffled bikini!;)

Happy dieting, readers! (If there is any thesedays lol!)

Danii-​

1st Zumba Class Tomorrow :)

20th May 2O13, 10:00PM - Diet Day 40!

So not much has been happening since my last entry!. I have my first Zumba class tomorrow and to be quite frank im bricking it!!
:eek:, i dont know what is more scary myself in jogging bottoms (ha-ha) or the fact that im probably going to be the fattest person there!..And then theres the fear of being really unfit and struggling to keep up with everyone..From what i've read its quite a vigorous exercise routine and you dance until you sweat basically..Oh, im not making excuses to get out of doing it as now ive started im determined to get myself right back on track since slacking with exercise!

My next weigh in day is the 23rd, so hopefully I can continue my good fortune of weight loss!..So its less than 4 weeks before we go on holiday and to be honest im not noticing a huge change in myself, my fiance did comment on how much better my over hang looks this morning..So that sort of made me feel a little better!, but its still there and laden in angry stretch marks that ive been creaming for about a week and still their not budging or going any lighter
..So ill probably have to invest in either a swimskirt or a sarong for the holiday to camouflage those problem areas!!:D

Diet wise im not doing too bad even though i had a slight slip up yesterday due to an argument with fiance where i got very upset and ended up in the pub ordering myself 2 double barcardi and cokes..And a hell of a lot of crisps!..But now im getting back on track and hopefully i will Zumba it off tomorrow so it wont affect my weight loss :D

I will update tomorrow, if im not dying!!..About how my Zumba class went!!

Happy Dieting!!

Danii!!

23rd May '13 -- -12LB!! :D :D :D

23rd May 2O13, 10:18PM - Diet Day 43!
12 stone 12lb!! -- -12lb!
:eek::eek:

Holy Crap!!..I wasn't anticipating such a loss!, in fact all week ive been thinking ive gained weight and not lost at all!, So i almost had a mini freak out when my fiance was hanging over my shoulder saying into my ear...'Danii, you've lost 12lb'..I cant believe im already a stone down and yet i feel no different!..Nor do i look different..My over hang is still as prominent as before i started my diet!, at this rate im never going to be the svelte young lady I once was..Included are some rather embarrassing underwear pictures of me :eek:..Dont mind my mismatched mayhem!:rolleyes:..Oh and i dont suggest looking at these while you're eating..I wont be held responsible for appetite destruction!:p

IMG_0593_zps2ab51419.jpg

IMG_0594_zpsb761405d.jpg

But in my defence!, size 18 Jeans are now getting looser!..Today for the first time in months i had to wear a belt when i went out as my trousers we're falling off me!:eek:..Also attached a picture of that!!

IMG_0595_zps2b2c96b4.jpg

And my overhang in all its glory in my jazzy Green pajamas hehe!:p

IMG_0601_zps3b2f9518.jpg

So, i shall be off and hopefully i haven't nauseated anyone too much with my fat, cellulite covered stretch mark monstrosity i call my dream body in progress:D

Happy Dieting!!

Danii!

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 507
Restart Version - 2,000!!

29th August 2O13 - Diet Day 0!
Starting weight - 11 stone 12lb :\

so ive fallen off the wagon once more! And now im determined more than ever to get back to where i started!. Its going to be hard and there are times where i will resort to reaching for the nearest bag of malteasers or whatever may be lying around but now im more determined to steer clear!, i know i can do it, its just my will power is at 0 thesedays!..

Motivation wise, i think looking at myself in the mirror this morning and seeing how much my stomach protruded over my trouser elastic giving me that ultimate 'muffin top' was the last straw!, as well as finding my old white trousers i used to wear that we're a size 12, I stop and think..I dont want to be this frumpy, unattractive mummy that looks like a tent when she wears dresses :(, or cant even get a size 16 over her hips thesedays =\..Or the size L corset she has to send back because it wont got around her waist! :(..It makes me cringe when i see I have so many chins!

So, from this day forward there will be no coca cola that is sweet enough, no brownie that is chocolatey enough!..And of course no bag of crisps that will be more satisfying than losing this weight!

So here we go again! :)

For the last time....
Diet start date - 1 December 2014 Starting Weight - 11st 13lb 3/4

My motivation is at an all time low since i last wrote this, so much has gone wrong for me in the past year that i just cant wait to get it sorted. I suffered a miscarriage in January this year and it has just knocked me for six!, all my healthy inhibitions went out of the window, and in came the 'i dont give a crap' attitude!..This event had to be the most painfullest thing in my life to encounter, i didn't even know i was pregnant to start with until i tested, I sadly miscarried our second child at 6 weeks and 3 days, i know most people don't regard much happening at that stage, but even though my baby was only the size of a peanut or whatever it still matters to me! :\

So to kick off my disaster that is my flab! Attached is a picture of myself, my fiance and son at my brothers wedding in September 2014, underneath is me today!..I was at work when i took this so please do ignore the scruffy clothes and the scruffy looks :D

I know, im probably wasting my time dieting this close to Christmas as im probably just going to put it all back on again!, but being 9 stone never meant so much to me than what it does now..Im that unfit that i cant keep up with my 2 year old son!..When he wants to play i have to explain to him that 'mummy needs to rest' and i just want to be up and after him, hey and even wear him out after a while :D

So here goes nothing, for like the millionth time!!

Attachments

• 1653684_10152331749451332_2813702088367809092_n.jpg
    1653684_10152331749451332_2813702088367809092_n.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 65
Back