MrsPayne Gonna JUDDDing Her Way To The USA

MrsPayne212

Gold Member
Hey there! Just starting JUDDD today and thought id start up my diary. Mel has been on about if for a while so i finally gave in got the book and was pretty impressed. I startdd out last year with weight watchers at home and through minimins then after xmas i stalled a bit and switched to calorie counting. Ive lost a few on CCing but not much and i need a change and one thatll reaply work for me. Im an american who moved to the UK to be with my husband and am currently going through another visa process for my indefinite leave to remain. I go in person to do it at the end of the month and the pressure is really getting to me which is really leading to some very poor food choices. I think that JUDDD will help a lot because i love the idea of being jusylt one day away from whatever you want whether you actually have it or not.
So im very hopeful that this will be the one for me. Not really knowing how my body will react to the first down day, so im not going to do fitness today just in case but will definitely get into that tomorrow. So far ive been ok but am just now getting hungry so am going tobhave my first slim fast shake then have another on blended with some frozen berries for dinner so it feels a bit more substancial. Hope everyone is having a great day :)

Well done for starting. You will love it and the support is great. DD can be testing, but guess what your stomach shrinks very quickly once you stick to the DD's and you actually have to force yourself to eat on the UD's. Best of luck and keep posting.

Linda x

Last edited:
Not sure if its the stomach shrinking or the appetite being suppressed to be honest, but something to that effect.

Last edited:
Lol hey both sound good lol

Hi and welcome, this diet makes sense in lots of ways but the DDs can be too tough for some and I think thats why people fall by the wayside. However if you can tough the DD's out which do get easier I promise, it really is a great diet or way of eating I should say. You think about all the things you are going to eat on your UP day and when it arrives you rarely actually feel like them. It is however good to make full use of your UP days as it makes the diet sustainable in the long term. Hope you get along with it, great to have you on board and will look forward to following your Diary x

Thank you :) im excited to see how it goes im not too bad with hunger its the cravings that get me.

Thank you :) im excited to see how it goes im not too bad with hunger its the cravings that get me.

Same with me. I can deal with hunger most of the time. I eat out of habbit, boredom and other factors. Dont worry you'll be fine. Once you have cracked your first DD you will be fine, because you know you can do it. The rest is mind over matter. Like everybody says the thought of having it tomorrow is what make the diet sustainable. Enjoy!

Having one of those "you tell me this now?!" moments. The OH just asked me what iwas having for tea and i said my shake and he got all pissy and was pretty much like he doesnt like me doing this diet.. Why disnt he say this yesterday when i asked him what he thought about it?! Now idk what to do as i dont want to upset him but i dont want to quit sonething before i start it either.. :(

Get him to read some articles if he is worried about it doing you any harm just Google Alternate day dieting, let him know why you need to do it. I am lucky in that my OH is used to me on odd diets now and just goes with the flow, I think it helps that I still cook whatever he wants and we get to have meals together every other day and I have UP days on the weekend. If its what you want to do hun then try and get him onside otherwise you will fail before you even start :(

Hi MizPP -

This is CFF. MinnieMel talked me into switching to JUDDD and joining Minis. Now, I need 1,500 posts so I can read all the things she has said about me!

Nice to meet you. I'm from California originally, too.

Hah wohoo california! :) welcome to mininins it really is awesome.to have the support on here :)
I ended up having a little bit of the stir fry that he was having so he wouldnt feel too bad. He said that to him it seems a bit harsh of a diet but he hasnt read everything so doeant know but if i want to do it he wont stop me.. Talk about putting.me.in a spot lol. But i told him that id like to try it but i promises him that if after a week or 2 if i wasnt feeling well id stop. I think it helped to promise him that i wouldnt make myself ill cause he took his shower and was better after that. Didnt end up going too far over my cals. It was around 300 cals for the potion i had and my slimfast earlier was 230 so for my 500 cal DD allowance that was only 30-40 cals over.
Doing ok bit getting a bit hungry :(. I know i can make it through no problem but it is kind of unconfortable. Not gonna tell the OH that though lol. Getting my water in though i feel like im getting up every 15 mins to go to the bathroom! More frequent than normal lol. Looking forward to tomorrow for some nice food and some fitness :).

MrsPayne212 said:
Hah wohoo california! :) welcome to mininins it really is awesome.to have the support on here :)
I ended up having a little bit of the stir fry that he was having so he wouldnt feel too bad. He said that to him it seems a bit harsh of a diet but he hasnt read everything so doeant know but if i want to do it he wont stop me.. Talk about putting.me.in a spot lol. But i told him that id like to try it but i promises him that if after a week or 2 if i wasnt feeling well id stop. I think it helped to promise him that i wouldnt make myself ill cause he took his shower and was better after that. Didnt end up going too far over my cals. It was around 300 cals for the potion i had and my slimfast earlier was 230 so for my 500 cal DD allowance that was only 30-40 cals over.
Doing ok bit getting a bit hungry :(. I know i can make it through no problem but it is kind of unconfortable. Not gonna tell the OH that though lol. Getting my water in though i feel like im getting up every 15 mins to go to the bathroom! More frequent than normal lol. Looking forward to tomorrow for some nice food and some fitness :).

Hi MizPP,

Wait until you've had a couple of kids and are drinking all this water with no food. Then you know what urgent means! Good luck!

Well done on your first DD and glad your OH is getting onside, after realising you can eat normally on UP 's I am sure he will soon come around fully :)
Ooooh and the good news is you have an UP day today, enjoy x

Yeah i think he will be a bit better if i have a little something maybe a salad with vey little dressing at night will be easier for him to see than me just having the shake.
Upday today :). Had some porridge with skim milk and peanut butter and a little bit of brown sugar was really nice but i always feel a bit sick afterward regardless. Had trouble falling asleep last night. I was tired and a bit hungry and the wind was rediculous it kept sounding like someone was trying to break in :(. O well at least i get some nice food today and hopefully a good nights sleep tonight

Planned out the food for today.. Had a nice sandwich for lunch and an orange and it was really yummy :). Have baked potatoes for dinner. Never thought id crave that lol. Checked it all on MFP and came out around 2000 cals fitness. Definitely more than ive allowed for (when i wasnt ebeing waaay off plan) in a long time and really i havent been too crazy today. Dont really want to use anymore but if i feel like something small i think ill have it. I figure if i have to i can always cut back more later. Really loving the up day though as i havent had bread in a while purely because it was a lot of cals for 2 slices. Still went with the 50/50 as was out of wholemeal so still skipped the white :D

Glad you are enjoying your UP day x

Back