Mug Shots

Mom38

Silver Member
What is everyones thoughts on these?

I purposely do not have any more than 2 in a day even though they are syn free. I am a bit wary.

I could literally pig out on them.

I needed comfort food last night and actually wanted to stuff my face with the remaining 4 bags of Quavers that was in the cupboard (this is me being honest haha). So I chose to have 2 mug shots instead which did the trick.

They do worry me though if they will impact weightloss due to me having meals and syns already.

I generally don't snack (or eat much processed food) so I've never had a mugshot . . . but I would imagine that if it came down to the choice between really bad snacks like crisps then the mugshot is going to definitely be the better choice. :)

I have a couple in the cupboard just in case. I sometimes suddenly realise I am hungry and they are a great way to stop me eating all the wrong things. If it's stopping you eating Quavers and other high calorie stuff it must be better for you. I personally would only have 1 a day and try to have a piece of fruit the other time (mainly because I'd rather have two different things). It's difficult though because sometimes fruit feels as though it's not going to do the job. If it's working for you and you are losing whilst having two then why not just stick with it. If your weight loss stalls maybe that's the time to think again?
Good luck. :) x

We have them in the cupboard. They're something we eat if we get stuck for something to eat. If we do have one, I throw some chicken in them too, as they offer nothing positive nutritionally. Not sure I would have them as a staple or eat them regularly though.

I love mugshots - not so much the taste but the convienece. I try to snack on fruit or veg but they are my dinner disaster or forgot to pack a lunch back up with some salad. I also managed to only gain 0.5lbs on holiday by having a mugshot and salad instead of going out to eat every lunch and dinner time.

Nutritionally they are probably pretty poor but they do a great job of stopping me from eating something worse e.g. Domino's after a dinner disaster or a shop brought cheesey sandwich with subsequent meal deal snickers bar at lunch so I think they are great and no worse than the rubbish I was eating before slimming world as my regular diet.

My dinner last night was a mugshot because I was hungry but exhausted and it was either that or stopping at the chippy on the drive home and lunch had already involved eating most of the weeks syn allowance.

Sounds about right...they are a go to if you are stuck, exhausted, cold or nothing in.

The taste is a bit meh! But they are comforting and filling.

I will stick to no more than 2 in a day...if I have any.

Back