Extra Easy Mugshots drained

Nomes

Gold Member
Feeling guilty as I had two mugshots for lunch and no superfree as I hate fruit and veg.

Do you think the fact I drained the water/sauce helps any? (thinking a reduction in calories)

Nomes said:
Feeling guilty as I had two mugshots for lunch and no superfree as I hate fruit and veg.

Do you think the fact I drained the water/sauce helps any? (thinking a reduction in calories)

SW is not about calories and for EE to work you must have 1/3 superfree with every meal! If you don't like fruit & veg you're going to find this very difficult!

Why not try Green days where the 1/3 rule doesn't count but helps!

Nomes said:
I'm very funny about texture - I like mushrooms, onions and peppers. Apples, tinned pears and banana lol

That's a start lol

Make a chilli and add mushrooms, onions, peppers, garlic, tomatoes/passata......these will all be your 1/3 superfree

Just try and add them to your meals and if you can't maybe eat an apple & banana before your meal or what about making a vegetable soup and blitzing it so you aren't really getting the texture of certain veg but still getting all the goodness!

Have a look around the food diary & recipe sub forums, you'll get a few ideas there, you ain't be the only person who isn't a fruit/veg lover! :)

I'm fussy with veg too, i only like it soft - no crunch. I have been forcing it down but not im going to make a pot of homemade soup full of veggies and eat that to get them in at mealtimes. Only when its a meal that i cant someone blend the veg in lol. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I hardly eat any veg (not good I know) which is why I follow green days - I should eat veg with my meals but I dont have to! You will be able to find food that is more filling than mugshots too :D

I wouldn't eat mushrooms because of the texture, and I still won't eat beans, however what I did was blitz them in my food processor. My chilli still has beans in them, but I can't see them (or really taste them!), my spag bol has a load of mushrooms in, but they're not creeping my tongue out!
I used to be very fussy about veg (less so about fruit), I gradually introduced things one at a time. For example I will only eat broccoli dunked in gravy/something moist (been desperate enough to use brown sauce before SW!).
I HATE cauliflower, but there's a cracking recipe on here for "superfree curry sauce" that's essentially curried cauliflower soup - it turns out it's the texture, not the taste that I don't like.

Hide it, pretend it's not there, and still get the good stuff in you is my method :) Good luck xx

I'm fussy with veg, not fruit but definitely veg. And potatoes I can't stand the texture of at all. I'll only eat peas, mangetout, baby corn and sweetcorn. I make my mum hide veg when shes cooking so I hopefully can't taste it, just to try and get it in me. It works occasionally. But potato I really struggle with, people tell me to mash, tastes better...makes me gag. Oh and I will only eat veg or fruit its its hard, if its soft i hate it. Yay for fussy veggie eaters!

I'm fussy with veg, not fruit but definitely veg. And potatoes I can't stand the texture of at all. I'll only eat peas, mangetout, baby corn and sweetcorn. I make my mum hide veg when shes cooking so I hopefully can't taste it, just to try and get it in me. It works occasionally. But potato I really struggle with, people tell me to mash, tastes better...makes me gag. Oh and I will only eat veg or fruit its its hard, if its soft i hate it. Yay for fussy veggie eaters!

I can't imagine life without potatoes, I eat them practically every day-sometimes twice.

I am less fussy with veg than I was but I still won't eat cucumber or a raw tomato (quite happy to eat them in a dish though). Celery has to be cooked too.

As for fruit I am pretty rubbish, I did eat 2 apples yesterday though! I will eat grapes too but that's about it. Bananas make me gag but bizarrely I like the dried ones. I wish coconut was part of the plan, I love it!

Even worse is the fact that I am a strict veggie!

Veg like spinach in a curry is hardly noticeable, try cooking veg a different way, I loathed BNS the first time I tried it but now love it roasted with Paprika!
In fact I didn't like carrots either but now love them, try veg chips, make them the same way as SW chips, carrots, Celeriac, swede, all are good, I can't quite get my head around snacking this way, but it's great!

Tomatoes taste 100times better if not eaten cold, eat them at room temp.
Invest in a chopper and chop your veggies small.
You really do need to change your eating habits to be successful, as someone else on this thread has said introducing one at a time helps, and the more you educate your palate the more varied your foods will become.

Oh and mint sauce makes cabbage taste yummy.

I would have thought if you're not keen on potato, mashing it would make it worse! What about a baked potato covered with beans & cheese from your allowance? Tasty :)

FYI - Although potatoes are a vegetable they're not superfree & don't count toward your 1/3 veg.

Once in a while doesn't hurt. At least twice a week i will have a jacket and beans with no superfree as tbh a few lettuce leaves don't make that much difference.

Ive just finsihed a box of babycorn for my breakfast! :8855: with some baby tomatoes and carrot :D

I would have thought if you're not keen on potato, mashing it would make it worse! What about a baked potato covered with beans & cheese from your allowance? Tasty :)

FYI - Although potatoes are a vegetable they're not superfree & don't count toward your 1/3 veg.

Yeah i know they're not, i was just pointing out I hated potato haha. And yeah had it with beans the other day, ate most of it but struggled.

As for fruit I am pretty rubbish, I did eat 2 apples yesterday though! I will eat grapes too but that's about it. Bananas make me gag but bizarrely I like the dried ones. I wish coconut was part of the plan, I love it!

Mmmmm coconut. I used to eat it all the time. I daren't even have it as syns now cos I know I will end up eating the whole thing.

Ally89 said:
Yeah i know they're not, i was just pointing out I hated potato haha. And yeah had it with beans the other day, ate most of it but struggled.

How about roasted new potatoes? Done in frylight even my son and hubby love them.
I live on potatoes!

Back