2 eggs
340g SR Flour
170g Golden Caster Sugar
113g Low fat margerine
200g pot toffee muller light
113g chocolate chips
a few drops vanilla essence

1) preheat the oven to 180/350/Gasmark 4
2) Blend all ingredients together til smooth nice and easy in a food processer or give it some welly and get some body magic in a normal mixing bowl ;)
3) Sling into a swiss roll tray (I didn't have one and used a roasting tin)
4) Bake for 30-35 mins until you can put in a knife and bring it out clean

Cut into 32 squares et voila! Real cake at 4.5 syns a piece. 147.5 syns for whole thing

I have a slight tweak on this if you want the 3.5 syns a piece version - for that just use 85g of Half spoon and 100g choc chips (they go quite far you see). It saves 23 syns on the whole cake.

Alternatively you could put it into little cupcake cases for a different amount or whatevs.

There is prob a sweetener take on this recipe that someone could come up with but I think the reason the cake is so nice is because it does use 'real' ingredients.

Hubby and brother in law loved them yesterday and didn't think I was trying to trick them with strange s/w food at all!

Reckon it would be lovely straight out of the oven with low fat custard or a scoop of low fat ice-cream (or berries and yoghurt if that takes your fancy - I personally think that would be the ruination of a damn fine cake!)

Hope that's ok! Happy eating :D

Roops

Please can you still post, Sometimes i find it hard to use up syns, and these sound nice! xxx
I have exactly the same problem lorna, I am eating so much fruit that I am stuffed and really cant eat all my syns. My c said it wont slow down my losses not having them but its nice to have a treat! I am so enjoying my fruit though, sound like a proper saint dont I lol

if u were to add sweeter to this instead how much would u add? as it weighs alot less lol! n that would also lower to the syns to how many u think? x

I've no clue. Its lighter but I thought it was sweeter?

To be honest the bulk of the syns don't come from the sugar anyway, they come from the flour. Someone on here found a wholemeal flour that can be used as a HEX B so I will try and make it with that this weekend and report back

Back