Attack Muller Light

Hi all. Does anyone know for sure which Muller Light yoghurts you can have on attack phase ? Also Shape zero are on offer right now...wondered about those as well ?

People on here tend to stick to the vanilla and toffee ones but many of us prefer to have natural yogurt and flavour it with sweetener. Anything with fruit in it is not strictly allowed but fruit yogurts are allowed as a 'tolerated item' - 2 items per day, BUT a Muller is big so one fruit one would be all your tolerated items. Tolerated items are best avoided apart from in emergencies. They are not listed in the book but if yoiu search this site you will find a list. Also avoid anything with sugar. (Mullers do actually contain sugar but the official Dukan site seems to think they are ok). Some people around here even treat the vanilla and toffee flavours as tolerated items. Basically don't stuff your face with Mullers!!

And finally: 'no tolerated items in attack' anyway. So try to stay clear of the flavoured yogies. Maybe have the WeightWatchers vanilla and toffee ones.

For fruit yoghurt - you're definitely not supposed to have any with BITS. So that rules out the shape ones, sorry.

Hi there. Since they're large, you need to be careful with these so try and limit yourself to 1 or 2 per day maximum. Ideally, on Attack it's better to use fat-free plain yoghurt and flavour/sweeten it yourself.

There are 2 suitable flavours - vanilla and toffee. I don't know about Shape Zero so you'd need to carefully check the ingredients list. Activia and Onken aren't good, but Weight Watchers toffee and vanilla are okay.

Hope that helps.

I wish the book would make this clearer! I've fallen foul of the yoghurt-trap as the book says fruit yoghurts are allowed (2 per day max) if fat free. I didn't realise you also had to check for sugar and some are OK if you live in a different country?! All very confusing!

Even the tolerated fruit ones aren't meant to have bits in - although if you live in Mongolia it's ok :)

I had been keeping out of this one, because I use the French book which is slightly different - albeit the ORIGINAL - but because yours is supposed to be a translation of mine, here goes.

In attack and henceforth, smooth fruit flavoured fat free sugar free yoghurts are unlimited (within the dairy allowance). (In the UK, these have been identified as the Muller Lite toffee and vanilla only to my knowledge. Otherwise stick to the plain fat free, sugar free ones and flavour them yourself)

In Cruise, sugar free fat free fruit yoghurts with pieces in are tolerated foods. Maximum two per day and only if weight loss satisfactory and not stalling. (Remember dairy allowance in cruise is maximum 1L of which only 250ml can be liquid skimmed milk)

Those are the rules.

Then of course you have the experience of those who post here, who've tried with certain of the yoghurts available in the UK and have seen their weight loss stall and so have given you their advice based on their experience.

Yea me too. Just bought both ww and mullerlite toffee and van, it's hard to know.
Eatin a mullerlite toffeee now it's yummmm

I had been keeping out of this one, because I use the French book which is slightly different - albeit the ORIGINAL - but because yours is supposed to be a translation of mine, here goes.

Ok, sorry for the delay, I dug out my book (UK edition, 2010 translation): There is not much on yoghurts except that it has to be 0%. The dairy list on page 318 says:

• Non-fat quark/non-fat yoghurt (plain or flavoured with aspartame)
In the Attack section, pp 63ff he waffles on about yoghurts sweetened with aspartame and fruit:
-----------------------------
While aspartame and other flavourings have no calorie content and are just there to make yoghurt taste better, the added fruit introduces unwanted carbohydrates. This drawback is compensated by the fact that these gratifying treats give you the opportunity to enjoy a pudding and so can help you follow the overall diet programme. So that the instruction is clear, there are 3 sorts of 0% fat yoghurts: natural yoghurts, flavoured yoghurts (e.g coconut, vanilla, lemon) and fruit yoghurts i.e with little bits of fruit or a fruit purée base.

• Natural and flavoured yoghurts are both allowed without any restriction. (Anja personal comment: as long as they have NO ADDED SUGAR)
  • Non-fat fruit yoghurts are allowed too but to a maximum of two per day. However if you want a lightning start to your attack phase diet you are better off avoiding them altogether and even more so if you are going through a period when your weight is stagnating.
-------------------------

Now personally I interpreted this as 'NO FRUIT YOGHURT' and stuck with it until Conso, it was much easier that way. The added complication being that most Fruit yogies have added sugar in the fruit preparation. And as we found most vanilla yoghurts have added sugar too. The 'flavoured yoghurt' detail is clearly aimed that the French market and was included without checking availability in UK. Ditto the 'two a day' - 'normal yoghurts are in the region of 100gr - 125gr pots, Mullers are 200gr - personally I would count one ML as two yoghurts.

Outside the book there has been additional advice from the offical dukan site (I think) regarding ML toffees (ie they're okay) etc, but I have no sources (but I have bought those in the past as well, and the Weight Watcher ones). I only added WW citrus ones in Conso because they too have bits.

This is only my opinion, you use the book as you see fit.

I think you can remove the "Apprentice" word after that one Anja ;)

I think you can remove the "Apprentice" word after that one Anja ;)

Ha ha thanks but always apprenticed to you :D

The thing is, in my mind I was so sure that he said 'no fruit yoghurt' rather than the qualified instructions he gives.

And when I ventured into the diet fruit yoghurt market while on holiday in Germany during CRUISE last summer I found that I could either have 0% but with sugar (and fruit) or with sweetener but then it was 2-4% fat etc... So it can be a minefield and It's easier to steer well clear!

Back