Mummymorgons induction journal?

I ended up having some chicken thighs in the end, feel much better!!!!

hi
it does seem strange frying things and eating high fat mayo, but it works! i think sometimes that is still where i go wrong i find myself grilling bacon and sausages, i guess its hard to get used to the taste of fried food when for so long its been grill this or that for health reasons etc. i have always yoyo'd weight wise and found the worse thing for me was pregnancy i would always pile on the lbs and being shorter it wasnt good!

i am really liking this site, the friendly atmosphere and support. i dont make friends easilly now, i used to when i was younger, but i think that being overweight for so long has dented my confidence, i often feel like i dont have anything to contribute so say nothing and blend into the background. Its especially like that at work, i just let everyone else get on with it and feel like i am on the sidelines.

on a positive note my roast pork smells absolutely heavenly!!

well done on having the thighs Morgon... good choice!

stubbsey said:
i am really liking this site, the friendly atmosphere and support. i dont make friends easilly now, i used to when i was younger, but i think that being overweight for so long has dented my confidence, i often feel like i dont have anything to contribute so say nothing and blend into the background. Its especially like that at work, i just let everyone else get on with it and feel like i am on the sidelines.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who can completely relate. I've been obese since I was young so I've never really learned how to make in-person friends. Online you don't get pre-judged the same way xx

that is sooo true, its so much easiere to say what you want, i still lack the confidence that others will want to hear it tho lol x

I know how you feel, since being pregnant I have no self worth and feel like a joke. When I buy new clothes I tend to think why bother? I'll still look rubbish anyway. This site is good because everyone's in the same boat, plus women who i would love to look like are on here, talking about their insecurities too. Just shows that no one is perfect :)

i sometimes tend to come across as confident because i joke a lot, but that is just a defence thing i have always had, was the class clown at school etc. I soooo know what you mean about buying clothes! I had to go to a wedding last week, it took me ages to find something to wear, the usual suspects on the high street that cater for us ample ladies dont tend to make things suitable for a wedding, in fact, the majority of what they sell I wouldnt be seen dead in anyway. so i went to Bluewater and wandered around trying to find something to fit me. Eventually i found a nice dress in Monsoon, it was expensive and it was black but i was just so happy to have found something. The people at the wedding had not seen me for months so to them i looked great had lost loads of weight, but to me, all i could focus on was how tight it felt around the arms when i reached forward, whether my belly was visible, and how much the tights were digging into my thigh tops... its so depressing, there is a whole section of the population that these shops are just not catering for, crazy they would make a killing!

Don't get me started on shops! They never have a size 18 but loads of 10s then I realised it's actually because size 10 is not very popular. Which made me feel a little better. Also plus size ranges tend to be old ladyish, I'm 23 I wanna wear normal clothes that most people in their 20s wear! I've been looking at Gemma Collins website she has some fab plus size dresses on there x

i will have a look at that site! the trouble with buying online is sizes, i can get into some 18s some 20s and in other places i would need a 22, i had this problem with next, there was a dress i liked but they didnt have any in the store only to buy online, so i would have had to order two and send one back for a refund. It is so dependant upon the cut and make of the clothes etc sigh, i need to be smaller!

To be honest it's the same in all sizes!! Depends which shop etc. well I'm sure you're on you're way to a new you :)

Dorothy Perkins, simply be, ASOS curve, south from very.com are all decent for buying clothes that aren't old ladyish. Now I'm a 16 I buy quite a bit from marks and spencer oddly enough. I remember the days of Evans 'youthful' seven collection when they thought young meant shiny polyester and 'I'm a babe!' logos. Ugh, teenage years were torture, I just wore black from about age 16 to 25.

Sounds very fashionable I must say!!! Haha the main problem I find is I'm not an 18 on the bottom, and I'm not a 16. Also I'm a 16 on top which makes it difficult to buy a dress as I'm different sizes on top and bottom!

Hi MM and welcome to our lovely part of the board:). Good news - atkins works:D bad news - lots of clothes buying required and shape changes so all up in the air....and feel it on tops vs bottoms. I now buy size 12 dresses as top shrunk (from 22/24) but trousers still 16s lol!
Good luck and keep going!

i have the opposite problem i am top heavy, always had that problem no matter how slim i was, i am a size 16 on the bottom and can be 18 or 20 on top, i have slim legs and thighs which never really gain weight the way the rest of my body does. when i was in size 26 i was a 20 on the bottom, i can only really wear leggins and jeggins because if i get trousers to fit around my waist then they are way too baggy everywhere else.

Wow that's quite a big difference. Just proves these shops should have more tailored options!! Rather thank just expecting everyone to fit the norm

My official weigh in today, I have lost 6 pound in my first week. Putting me at 13 stone 5 pounds :)

Fabulous - well done:D

Well done! Great loss to start you off, you'll be in the 12s before you know it.

Haha that's the plan! Would be great to be there in the next two weeks

Well done i dont know why but i always find that tipping below a stone marker makes me wait a good few weeks while it hovers there xx keep it up!

Back