Mums i need your help!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by lazorinie, 23 December 2009 Social URL.

1. lazorinie

lazorinie wants a body to love!

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there!
    Im currently doing a maternity workbook as part of my uni course and was wondering if i could ask you mum's out there a quick question.
    What healthcare professionals where invloved in your care during pregnancy and following delivery?
    Im not sure as i have no children myself, i know the obvious ones such as midwife, health visitor and possibility of a surgeon.
    Is there anyone obvious missing?

THANK YOU ALL! :)

Oh and merry christmas and :new_year:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Well, my last pregnancy was in 1976 - but my GP, my midwife, the maternity unit at my local hospital and the pre natal clinic plus a Consultant Obstretiction (sp) (because I had problems with my 1st pregnancy) were all involved in my care, so I was really well looked after.

My DD had her first pregnancy in 2007/08, and I have to say that I don't think she had as many health professionals involved in her care as I did in the 1970's - times change I suppose.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Last edited: 23 December 2009
  4. jayne3110

jayne3110 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    I had my last one in 1997 I had a midwife,GP, dietician (I had gestation diabetes) obstetrician (I was induced 3 weeks early due to high BP and protein in my water) and a health visitor

5. lazorinie

lazorinie wants a body to love!

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i see i suppose how healthy and what health conditions the mother has. Ive just got a scenario to do and she has none so thats good, less work for me. Thanks guys!

6. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I used to do 6 week classes in a maternity hospital , covering the labour, anatomy of what happened and relaxation techniques. You'd probably have to pay for that now.

7. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My son was born in 1998 and during pregnancy I saw a community midwife, doctor and visited the hospital for scans.

During labour I had a midwife in the morning and then 2 in the afternoon. They then decided I needed an emergency caesarian (under general anaesthetic) so there was a surgeon and an anaesthetist and heaven knows who else.

Afterwards I was in hospital for a week and on release was seen by the community midwife for a couple of days and then the health visitor.

8. Claireloulou

Claireloulou Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(15.5%)
    Diet:
    SW
    My little boy was born in 2008, during pregnancy i saw my gp and a community team of midwives rather than just one midwife as they where shortstaffed.
    During labour i had 2 midwives as there was a shift change so i started with one and then had the head midwife until my section as she was the only constant midwife during the changeover and they like you to have the same one if possible. There was a nurse to put a drip port in in case it was needed and a peadiatrician (sp) as my son was transverse so he needed to be monitered by someone with a bit more knowledge. Then when it became knowledge that i needed the section i had 2 aneasthetists (sp) to get the epidural in and a surgeon.
    Afterwards was midwife and a peadiatrician again while in hospital and then 2 visits from the community midwife. He is also under a health visitor until he is 5 like all children.

9. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Home birth for me, GP, midwife and health worker after the birth, brilliant!

Oh yeah, the person who does the scans at the hospital.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.