Mung Bean wraps .....how do i make them please?

cupofteapet

Mung Bean wraps .....how do i make them please you lovely peeps!

I keep seeing them on threads but havent a clue what they are or what how to make them?
Can anyone help please!:)

Here are my version of them.............

Pete’s Mung Bean Wraps

Ingredients

200g/Cup of Mung/Moong Beans
Makes about 8 wraps
Salt
Method

Soak the beans in cold water for between 12 -24 hrs. Depending whether they are split beans or whole, changing the water at regular intervals, removing any hardened beans.
When ready grind them using a food processer and a small amount of water, adding salt, until you have a mixture similar to a pancake mix but slightly thicker.
Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light until its hot then ladle the mix and smooth out using the base of the ladle to form a thin coating, cook for 3-4 mins and flip over and cook until the other side is done. Use for wraps while still slightly warm to ensure easy folding.

Attachments

• Moong beans-1 (Large).JPG
    Moong beans-1 (Large).JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Moong Beans-2 (Large).JPG
    Moong Beans-2 (Large).JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Mung Wrap (Large).JPG
    Mung Wrap (Large).JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 462
Only split mung beans will soak within 24h, if you've got whole ones you'll need 48h or even more to soak them enough.

I've been having one or two of these for breakfast the last couple of days, lovely microwaved then with a bit of cream cheese and sliced banana!

omg that is an amazing idea!
I am going to make some more tomorrow, got the beans soaking now and I think I'm going to do crepe style ones and have them with cheese + mushrooms

Here are my version of them.............

Pete’s Mung Bean Wraps

Ingredients

200g/Cup of Mung/Moong Beans
Makes about 8 wraps
Salt
Method

Soak the beans in cold water for between 12 -24 hrs. Depending whether they are split beans or whole, changing the water at regular intervals, removing any hardened beans.
When ready grind them using a food processer and a small amount of water, adding salt, until you have a mixture similar to a pancake mix but slightly thicker.
Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light until its hot then ladle the mix and smooth out using the base of the ladle to form a thin coating, cook for 3-4 mins and flip over and cook until the other side is done. Use for wraps while still slightly warm to ensure easy folding.

Thanks for that Pete, I'm going to give those a whirl, as it could make a pleasant change.

I can't find these anywhere the only ones I see ate the washed husk less ones they don't have the green skins, would that still work? X

Just to let you all know that I got an answer re the syn value for these (I sent the full recipe to slimming world for an official answer) because the mung beans are blended and used to make a wrap (therefore are a substitute for flour) they do indeed need to he synned. 3.5 syns per 28g of dried mung beans. You need about 100g of dried beans for 4 wraps, so 4 syns per wrap.

Back