Muraqabah's meltdown in Kuwait

muraqabah

I use the term 'meltdown' in more than one context...living in Kuwait is serious stuff when you're used to the weather in Leeds! I never thought I would miss the rain so much :cry:. However, when I come back home to Yorkshire for holidays, I remember the sinking feeling of putting out my washing to dry and having to belt out the door to bring it back in again every time a grey cloud passes. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've decided to start a diary here basically to keep myself in check. I need to write stuff down cos I've been at this a while and keep kidding myself I can skive off from filling in the SW diary 'just for today' and then that day turns into a week etc etc...All the better if anyone wants to read and kindly share their advice.

I could really do with an Asda up the road - but I make do with Lulu Hypermarket which sells almost everything I need, with the exception of Scan Bran, but you never know right...? They have Iceland products there, Quorn, fat free Greek Yoghurt, Batchelors rice, pasta and super noodles, and so on, so I love going round there. It makes life quite a bit easier than trying to tally up the values of local products. The local goods are very tasty, but not that SW friendly, which is probably why my weight is going up so quickly since we moved here! Add to that the cultural no-no of refusing someone's hand when they want to offer sweets :eek:

So here's today's effort:

Green day

Breakfast
Coffee with semi-skimmed milk (HXa) and a huge bowl of chopped canteloupe and honeydew melon.

Lunch
Fattoush salad with tsp olive oil and lemon juice (HXb). Added to John West salmon light lunch (2.5 sy) and cup of diet pepsi.

Dinner
Quorn peppered steak and rice.

Snack
Special K chocolate chip bar (4 sy)

I'm typing this just BEFORE dinner, so we will see what the reality is afterwards. We have dinner really early here (its not even 3:00 yet and this is a late day!).

Wa alaykum salaam

Thanks sis :wavey:

Oh yum! Now I remember why I love SW so much and not a guilt pang in sight!

So I add to my list the yoghurt and some more coffee, plus a side salad for dinner. Still only quarter past 5 though so hope I dont overdo it this evening. Have HXs left though :p

Total so far = 8.5 syns

Green day

Breakfast
Coffee with semi-skimmed milk (HXa) and a huge bowl of chopped canteloupe and honeydew melon.

Lunch
Fattoush salad with tsp olive oil and lemon juice (HXb). Added to John West salmon light lunch (2.5 sy) and cup of diet pepsi. Coffee for afternoon (with HXa milk).

Dinner
Quorn peppered steak and rice, salad with a vinegar and oregano topping.
Rachel's organic yogurt (2 sy).

Snack
Decaf coffee (HXa)

Ok I got hungry around 8pm, so I had my second HXb and a bowl of fat free batchelors noodles. Not so bad as I still managed to stay on plan.

Nearly wavered when the kids opened walkers crisps in front of my nose, but nope! Not this time! :)

So final total = 14.5 syns

Green day

Breakfast

Lunch
Fattoush salad with tsp olive oil and lemon juice (HXb). Added to John West salmon light lunch (2.5 sy) and cup of diet pepsi. Coffee for afternoon (with HXa milk).

Dinner
Quorn peppered steak and rice, salad with a vinegar and oregano topping.
Rachel's organic yogurt (2 sy).

Snack
Decaf coffee (HXa)
Nuts (HXb)
Fat free supernoodles (with tbsp beanfeast 1.5 sy)

BTW I never realised beanfeast had so many syns!!! Shouldve checked before I added them. It was just for some flavour and thankfully I only put in about a tablespoon, so the 1.5 syn is a reasonable guess since the whole pack is 8.5.

Mental note to self - do not buy beanfeast again. :sigh:

Today is off to a good start so far al7amdulillah. Had a nice brekkie and am getting on well.

Green day

Breakfast
Coffee (HXa)
Melon chunks
2 Quorn sausages, egg whites with herbs, beans - yum!

Am thinking of maybe having salmon and brown rice for dinner.

I might end up swapping around lunch and dinner meal times cos its too early to have dinner at 2:00 when I just had lunch. I have coffee when I take the kids to school at 6:45am and breakfast is usually after I drop the kids off, and by the time I get back home having done chores its around 8:00. So I might have a light meal like a salad or noodles around 11:30 then have dinner with the family at about 3:00. (Most people in Kuwait have a nap around that time as the heat just exhausts everyone.) Then it might be good to have another light meal around 7:00 like soup, sandwich, salad or even cereal. This way I kind of end up halving my "lunch" into two parts instead of squashing all meals to the start of the day and then being ravenous in the evening.

Will see how it works out today IA.

Hope everyone else has a wonderful day :rainbow:

Hmmm, today started out well. It went downhill from the moment I got home with the kids. I was on the phone with my best bud from Huddersfield for a couple of hours...viber is free!!! We dont often get chance to call but when we do, its always a couple of hours. Anyway, I made the kids some macaroni cheese as planned while on the phone, which went down a treat. But then I was trying to think of what to cook as I was chatting and just ended up putting a Ross Vegetable shepherds pie in the microwave and I've no idea how many syns that is, but I'm sure its not many as its soya and potato mainly. Well, after that I had a slice of Amy's Kitchen vegetable hotpot - again no idea of the values, and this evening I had some wonderful nuts and fruit mix.

All in all, I've no idea of the syns I used but I dont think it was that disastrous as I tried to choose well given my mind was on serious chatting.

Hey ho...start again tomorrow I guess.

BTW if anyone does know the syn value of the Ross pie it would be a great help since its really delish!

Back