Musings on swamp goo (jelly) and spag bol...

For gelatine, you don't need a blender!

You stir with a spoon until it's all dissolved, then you add your flavourings/colourings.

I normally put a few ice cubes in to speed it up :p

x

Okay the jelly has set and the foam has gone (think it was cos I whisked it with a fork instead of just stirring it). Anyway have made the topping out of my chocolate tetra and its all just setting in the fridge right now. So fingers crossed in about 10 minutes time I'll have a tastey choc-orange trifle thing - looking forward to it.

THE VERDICT

Well I can safely say that my trifle thingy was a complete sucess!! It tastes fantastic and I can't quite believe I'm not cheating. I'd eat the whole bowl if it wasn't so filling. Yum!

Chocolate Orange Trifle

Attachments

• PA210264.jpg
    PA210264.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 187
  • PA210263.jpg
    PA210263.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 81
  • PA210260.jpg
    PA210260.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 145
Oooh that looks lovely :D

I never got the hang of making mousse out of a tetra, I only bothered trying once and it had disgusting lumps in it and the rest was liquid :jelous:

I used to just make a mousse in a separate bowl then pour it on top of the jelly. :)

x

I had the distubing lumps when I used my hand blender, but I used the big blender yesterday and left it whizzing away for ages and it was fine. So I think it just needs a bit more power. Oh and I added an extra 100ml of water to it wonder if that helped a bit??

Back