HELP! - Portion control - spag bol sauce weight??

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by stephiel, 1 May 2014 Social URL.

1. stephiel

stephiel New Member

I know that one portion pasta should be approx 75g (dry weight). But I cant find anywhere that says how many g of sauce? (I know that the amount depends on the ingredients!... I make huge batches of spag bol etc myself and its quite healthy but I pile it on and have no Idea how much I should put on?) So Approx how many grams of e.g. spag bol sauce or chili should I put on my pasta?

I know I can make my recipe and account for all ingredients and weigh it and work out cals but realistically I dont have time to do this every meal.. in general I just need a rough weight guide (or say half a cup??) of spag bol sauce.. that way when in a rush I can weigh the pasta and weigh the sauce and know that it is anot an excessive portion size!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. diviajar

diviajar Full Member

Start Weight:
    68.3kg
    Current Weight:
    67.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    62kg
    Lost(%):
    0st2.2lb(1.46%)
    Diet:
    Avoiding overeating and grooming my metabolism
    Are you asking it for a specific diet? If not, I'd say half a cup. Enough to give it flavor.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.