Muslce loss after couple days

michelle1

Hi guys,
im new to this and have only about 10lbs to lose but have been trying to lose this for about 1yr and thought id try CS.It's been going great(only started on Monday and lost 2.5 lbs!)but i'm worried as my Tanita scales says that my muscle is reducing with my weight and not my body fat.Have any of you experienced this or is it an initial thing.I am exercisng on the plan too.Any replies would be appreciated.By the way, I love the taste of the shakes and bars so dont want to have to stop.Michelle1

Hi guys,
im new to this and have only about 10lbs to lose but have been trying to lose this for about 1yr and thought id try CS.It's been going great(only started on Monday and lost 2.5 lbs!)but i'm worried as my Tanita scales says that my muscle is reducing with my weight and not my body fat.Have any of you experienced this or is it an initial thing.I am exercisng on the plan too.Any replies would be appreciated.By the way, I love the taste of the shakes and bars so dont want to have to stop.Michelle1

Hiya - good question! I had a quick Google on it and found this:

How to lose fat without losing muscle

Charles Remington explains how appropriate carbohydrate intake can help you lose weight whilst maintaining muscle
The secret to losing fat without losing muscle starts with not being too aggressive or extreme with your reduction of carbohydrates. You need carbohydrate management, not carbohydrate elimination. Over the last 12 years, with more than 10,000 clients, I have found by reducing carbohydrates by 20% of daily needs and within 48 hours replenishing the glycogen in the muscle by eating 100% of daily carbohydrate requirements, allows for fat loss, without muscle loss. In essence you have two fat burning days, then a recovery day. By doing this you will have the best of both worlds. You will experience fat loss that averages between 1 to 2 pounds weekly, while muscles are being well fed. You never drastically deplete the glycogen stores in the muscle so athletic performance is not affected like on a low carbohydrate diet.

Low carbohydrate diets provide initial weight loss, but at the high cost of losing muscle and reducing metabolism.

Not sure if this helps but I think the muscle loss is due to the reduced carbs on this and many other diets.

Good luck in losing your 10lbs - you're of to a flying start with 2.5lbs down already - well done :)

Back