mustard? celeriac mash?

loveablemonkey

I'm still on SS but am anticipating 810 with great excitement! Just wondering if anyone has tried making celeriac into mash? I looked up a recipe and it included mustard - are we allowed mustard? Sounds yummy!!

I cook celeariac mash, not sure about it on the diet though...

I boil it like swede, mash it with butter (you'll have to exclude this bit) add salt and pepper, and then bake it in the oven, which makes is lovely and soft and fluffy for half an hour or so. *drool*

sounds looovely, celeriac is allowed so should be fine! actually salivating! still curious about the mustard as that'd give it a nice kick!

I've done celeriac chips before - they're nice. :D

Can't stand mustard though. I'll have a trawl through some old threads and see whether it's allowed.

Hmm, can only find a really old post that says 'no, it isn't allowed'. But having looked up the nutritional content, it's got about 1 gram of carb per teaspoon full (that's English or French). Colman's mustard has also got citric acid listed as an ingredient - but it's listed last, which means it'll be tiny tiny amount.

Best guess - a tiny amount wouldn't hurt, especially as on 810 you may not stay in ketosis anyway. Probably best to check with a CWPC though.

Back