My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Vixy, can I be honest with you?? Please do check your present weight now. If you find it difficult to check it yourself, you should do what I did when I was at my highest weight. I bought a digital scale when I first started the SS (this is my second attempt, in case you don't know) and hopped onto it, and asked my hubby to check my weight and record it somewhere but not tell me the weight. I was a whopping 90kg (almost 200lb) when I first checked my starting weight. Of course, I never knew it at that time, because my hubby was the one who had checked it for me. I also told my CDC not to tell me my weight until I wanted to know. And you know what? The weekly losses inspired me to keep going. When I began to get raving complements about my looks, my curiosity got the better of me, and I decided that it was time to know my weight. I had lost 20kg! Ever since then, I have been a serial weigher. :D Before I knew it I had lost 25kg (55lb)! Of course, due to me going on vacation and a lot of parties, I regained about 9kg (20lb) but you know what? I am not so worried anymore, because I KNOW it is just a matter of time, before I lose that weight again...And yes, I do know that serial weighing is not good, but it helps me stay on track. But I would advise you to take a record of your starting weight, so you feel really proud about how far you have come at the end of 12 weeks...If you do not want to know your weight right now, ask someone close to you to keep a record of your starting weight, and tell them not to tell you, until you want to know...Believe me, as hard as it sounds, you should do it....I've been there...and I know that this is what will truly drive you down the successful path, and motivate you to achieve your weight loss goals...all you need to know are the weekly losses, not your weight...until you decide that it is time for you to know....Come on babe, you can do this!! Trust me...you will thank me for this, 12 weeks from now....:)

Totally agree that we need to know how much we have lost - my CDC has my start weight and has written it down. I will ask eventually when I feel better about myself.

Ive just had a blip though :cry:- made some chicken fajitasf or the boys and had a strip of chicken wrapped in a piece of lettuce. No fajita, mind but still... feel gutted... :(

Try not to beat yourself up, the chicken is protein and won't take you out of keypads and is allowed on SS+ and the lettuce will only have a trace amount of carbs as well so again, won't do you any harm.
Its only human to haw a blip every now and then, it's human nature, the important thing is to not beat yourself up about it and move on and remember tomorrow is a new day and get right back on plan x x x

I agree... its not the end of the world and it could've been worse!!!! I also had a piece of chicken on Monday night - literally one mouthful and felt so awful about it afterward!! We are human.:family2:

Weigh in for me on Friday and I did the scale hop thing and I'm 0.1g off from goal... so 2 days to lose 0.1gram.... manageable - just need some green tea to get my tummy moving.

Had a awful headache yesterday afternoon - took a pill, went to bed, and woke up this morning still with a pounding headache! Thought the whole headache thing would've passed by now... I'm on week 5.

First week weigh-in

Good morning ladies? Are we ready to roll today? My week is over and I've officially lost (drumroll) 8 lbs
Not bad, not bad considering yesterday I was trying for 7 and complaining that I wasn't gonna hit 10. I think I may prefer it this way, will keep me on my toes for week 2. As an oldie at this (tweaker and trickster I hate to admit), I know from experience that when I have "too" good of a weigh-in, I strut like some champ and end up having a little cheat :rolleyes:

Well done! 8lbs is brilliant! I know how you feel ...LOL.. I also feel the need to "treat myself" after a good week (Usually a boiled egg!)

Who else has weigh in today/tomorrow??

Well done! 8lbs is brilliant! I know how you feel ...LOL.. I also feel the need to "treat myself" after a good week (Usually a boiled egg!)

Who else has weigh in today/tomorrow??

Thanks Jilly... not the type of "reward" I was talking about ... usually MUCH naughtier than an egg.:rolleyes:
Will be good this time around. My past weigh-ins were on Fridays too, so that was bad because it let me be permissive Friday nights and somehow it would overflow into the weekend. Wednesdays should be good for me.

Really liked what Fairyhobnob said about how if they did it one whole week they can do it 11 more times! Should become my mantra when the going gets tough!

I wanna joinnnnnn! :)

HI, all!
I need this thread. I've had so many restarts, it's ridiculous. :( but I feel today is the day I get back on track!!
So a little about me -
I'm 19, 5ft7, and weigh.. 16stone 6.8lbs exactly. Terrible, I know. Went down to 14st 11lbs but put it all back on again :( Really need a kick up the ass. I'm going away in August. It'll be HOT so I can't cover up and I don't wanna look like a whale!! So I'm hoping I can lose 5 stone by then!!!! My ideal weight is 11stone.
I REALLLLY hope I can do this. Quite scared. I don't want to make excuses to eat. It's what I tend to go. Really going to try hard to do SS 100% ! Only thing, at work we all eat in a small room. It's unavoidable that I have to sit with people. I don't want colleagues to know I'm on shakes. So what should I do?? :/

Many thanks, and looking forward to talking with you guys.
Red Rose x

I felt the same the first time I did Cambridge, didn't tell anyone I worked with what I was doing, trouble is if you're doing ss and can't drink your shake at lunch then you'll end up really hungry and more likely to cheat. But this time, they all know which has made it much easier, and meant that try have all stopped buying biscuits and sweeties like we all used to do (or at least kept them out of my vision)
Is there anyone there that you can tell that can help distract attention from what you are (or rather aren't) having from lunch?
Alternatively could you take yourself out at lunch and eat somewhere else, perhaps go for a walk, especially now the weather is getting better? x x x

I agree with sweets - remove yourself from the situation where people are eating in front of you. We have a table in our kitchen and we are meant to eat there - when everyone is eating, I sit at my desk and do my shake.

YOU CAN DO IT ROSE! but you need to do SS 100% and work your way up to eating... or else you WILL overeat....

You can do this hun... don't let the tree hide the forest. We are ingenious in how we sneak in ways to eat stuff without everyone noticing right? (well I am at least :) ), so I'm sure it won't be hard to find a way to hide the fact that you're not "eating " until you feel more comfortable. How about soups? That's what I have for lunch, I put it in a thermos, and being in ketosis, I'm grateful for it as it warms me right up!

Welcome to the group Rose! Considering this time is a restart for me I can honestly say that this forum has made all the difference this time around. You'll get so much support here you won't want to quit! :)

You can totally do it! Get focused and forget the excuses. Re work - you don't even have to say what the shake is, it could be just a protein shake for all they know.....

Good luck and keep us posted xxxxxx

:welcome2:
No, welcome RowanBerry!! The more the merrier right?
This is THE place to be ATM! Come on in, make yourself comfortable, grab your water and get ready to shed some serious poundage! How much would you like to lose? gotta goal date?

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!:welcome:

Pull up a chair, grab your water and lets chat!

The first week (or two) are hard - but stay focused on the end goal - being SLIM and TRIM. And remind yourself, every time you WANT and NEED food, that you are doing this for yourself, and the only person you are cheating on, is yourself.

Set small goals. And hang around here for some usefil tips and advise.:welcome::gen147::gen147:

Came on here coz I'm working from home today and my brain is craving cheese!!! Doing everything possible to distract it... My stomach is rumbling so I think I'm gonna go and have a hot porridge, hopefully that'll do the trick!

Thanks, yes I do. I'm still not in ketosis I think and I must have waited too long for my second "meal". I try to really stretch them out as evenings are my minefields! I have to cook dinner tonight and I was waiting to have it right before so as not to be tempted. Have already had 4l of water, so I think my head was like" so what you're gonna put in your mouth now?" Had some fizzy water to reduce the gastric juices too so that really helped! Any little bit helps at this point!

I also try to leave having my shakes etc till as late as poss, find my danger times are between 6-10 so try to save them so I can have them almost one after another!
Have found that if I make the mousse with dr otekor gelatine mix not only is it cheaper but can mix in more water and have a bigger mousse. Sets more like jelly then and can be cut into tiny pieces and then it takes ages to eat, last night I managed to make it last an hour!!!! ?

WOW!! I don't know how you have the strength to. Seeing how little portions are, I admit I'm guilty of inhalation. Takes more time to make than to eat and digest! Unlike when you're eating food, I swear on CD you can actually follow your food path all the way down to your stomach! Sometimes I'll have a hot soup, and if I'm not careful and drink it too fast, I end up with a burning feeling in my stomach.
Same goes with porridge, sometimes I'll have 2 at once, but the further I'm into CD the less I have a tendency to do so otherwise it leaves me feeling retchy and like a brick has landed in my stomach.
Honestly, I can say that ever since my first CD run, my stomach has shrunk considerably, and though I don't pack on the weight when I come off of CD, I'm guilty of serial snacking. That's how I put my weight back on.

Back