My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Yes I do agree lily...While it is a 100% Forum, it is a bit over the top when you say we cannot even mention anything about the problems we face while doing the SS. I began this thread with the intention of all of us helping each other in following this plan 100%. The posts are not designed to tempt anyone. Nobody is talking about going off the diet or cheating with bakery and other foods out here. It is just a thread where everybody has the right to express the challenges faced when following the SS plan. We need to get stronger in this journey and learn to resist all temptations and overcome our weakness. Or we will fail again once we come off the diet. I believe that one important part of that journey in becoming stronger and resisting temptations, is being honest with ourselves, and being conscious of each and every action we take. And that includes having to mention facing real life situations and real life temptations like facing bakery smells. I want this team to help and cheer people along as they move closer to their goal..... to be honest with themselves and become emotionally and mentally stronger as they travel the journey. For only then will we be truly successful in maintaining our new body.:)

Last edited:
Without meaning to offend you, if the mere mention of food in a thread is difficult for you to face when other members mention it, then maybe it might be better to try another thread. Have a good day! :)

Without meaning to offend who? The rules of the 100% forum are such that there should be no mention of non legal foods, end of story. This isn't about offending anyone, this is about adhering to the rules (the very few rules) of this lovely place called MiniMins.

The 100% forum needs to be a safe haven. When reading posts there you should be able to be confident you're not going to trip over a reference to food. It's too late to say 'read another thread' when you've already come across the reference you were hoping not to find.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Oooppsss... OK, so there is a very fine line here - lets face it, we all got into the situation we're in BECAUSE of food. Every single day, wether we are on SS, SS+ or 810 are faced with... FOOD. The temptation, the need, the thought.... I thought this 12 week challenge was to encourage each other - even when faced with...yep, food. We are surrounded by it - we even cook it for family - Just not sure where the line is to be drawn. Talking about it - or acting on it?:confused:

And even if we DO slip up - and ACT on it, are we not here to confess - and prompt each other forward?

There is no issueabout you talking about food, OTHER than on the 100% forum. Talk about food all you like now the thread has been moved!

Ah OK. I think I'm still here. I can see me.:D

Phew... So day 3 is sort of almost over apart from a very long night shift - I've done my best to save 2 packs for overnight as I seem to get silly hungry on shift. Fingers crossed I make it through to tomorrow at 100% it's been a hard day. How is everyone else doing? Are you all still here? X

Little
But confused Lilly, all we were discussing was how we have resisted, thought that was the point of this group, to offer encouragement and to discuss problems?

And no one has any problem with this thread offering encouragement and discussing problems now that it's in the main part of the forum. All I was attempting to do - and now I really wish I hadn't bothered :sigh: - was explain why the thread was moved out of the 100% forum.

Really wasn't trying to upset anybody or divide the camp, I was just attempting to explain the rationale behind the rules.

If this is how this thread is going to continue then its not offering a supportive place to come at all so can we either draw a line under it and move on or start a new thread and start again please? I'm here for support and a good old fashioned chat - anyone else?

If this is how this thread is going to continue then its not offering a supportive place to come at all so can we either draw a line under it and move on or start a new thread and start again please? I'm here for support and a good old fashioned chat - anyone else?

Daisy - how long between shakes? If you work long days (or nights) maybe have a extra shake? I know the "ideal" is 5 hours between meals, but I find that far too long!

Lets put the thread moving behind us - we have been moved to another section of the board, and we can talk food, cravings and whatever else we want here. Lily moved the thread coz the rules stated that on that particular part of the board that we WERE chatting on, was a 100% SS board.... I gather we are now moved to another section where we can talk about what causes us to fall off the wagon. I think?

Hows everyone's day been? I've been 100%. But only managed 3litres water and seemed to spend every 5 mins going for a wee!!!

I was just doing homework with my daughter who said "your breathe stinks mom!!!" (and covered her nose with her hair!)

You are aware that Lily is not a mod and does not have the power to move a thread?

Hi Guys!

I'm Victoria..can I come and play please? :)

I'm on day 2 sole source. I have done the plan many years ago but circumstances and life in general meant I have regained. Thats for my diary when I am allowed to do one!

Anyway. I'm on holiday on 12th June - first one in 5 years so WILL be in a bikini and not self conscious! I think I have about 3.5 - 4 stone to lose. I say THINK as I asked my CDC not to tell my my start weight in case it made me comfort eat! She'll tell me my losses though.

I was meant to start a couple of weeks ago but kept cheating and not being able to say no to meals out etc. However I was shown a pic of me 3 weeks ago and it has shocked me! As I always destroy pics I dont like I have taken this one and kept it as my 'before' pic....

So, I started 2/3/13 and plan to finish just short of 12 weeks on 23/5/13 as going away for the weekend to meet my new guy's best friend - I want him to be proud too! ANOTHER incentive!

My weigh in will be on day 5 this week and is on Thursday. This is only coz it took me a few days to get 'warmed up' so to speak!

Anyway - lets keep each other going - I only lost it last time with the help of this forum :) Go girls!

Vix xx

Because a few of you have been mentioning food that isn't in the plan. You p'raps didn't see the rules for the 100% forum at the top of the page?

Forum: Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!
The Cambridge Diet 100% Forum is for posts from those following any of the Cambridge plans 100% - this includes SS+, 810 and upwards. No cheats, blips or non-legal food talk is allowed in this section. Any posts containing talk of cheats, blips or non legal food will be moved.

Might seem over the top but there are quite a few people doing 100% sole source who don't want to read about bakery smells or imagine tasty pies. So the 100% forum has been designed for exactly this purpose - to be a temptation free zone.

As Lily has explained, there should be no mention of food in the 100% section, if you would like to discuss food/smells/etc then there are other forums within the CD section - you could even start a thread of your own with this subject x

Lily didn't move the thread, I moved the thread as I am a Moderator and it was flagged up to be moved out of the non food section x

Ok guys! Let's just get over it! Now that Eclipse has moved it from the 100% section, the problem has been solved :).... Now there is no problem in talking about food and most importantly how we were able to resist all the food temptations while on SS :) ...remember....we all have a goal...to stick to SS 100% and be at our fittest and most beautiful in 12 weeks....I sure am not going to let a few hiccups stop me from getting there....and I am NOT going to lose the focus on my prize goal!!!....NO WAY!! So come on everyone....lets stick to our goal....and support each other....and make this journey successful!!...Keep posting in this thread and update us with how you are doing....WE CAN DO THIS!!!:):party0011:

Last edited:
Hi, can I join?

I need something to motivate me to NOT have little tweaks of the diet. I know my losses are much more consistent when I am 100%. I will try for the 12 weeks, but does it count if I have 2 days SS+ (ish) when I am away for the weekend on 23rd March? or does that rule me out?

Back