My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

This morning was WI for me and I lost 2.3kgs (5lbs) so I'm very happy with that - and now I'm glad I never at what I wanted last night. Today, the motivation is back.

Well done that's wonderful!!! You're not far from the 2 stone mark at all now..exciting!

Here's to a 100% and happy weekend *raises water bottle* xxx

This morning was WI for me and I lost 2.3kgs (5lbs) so I'm very happy with that - and now I'm glad I never at what I wanted last night. Today, the motivation is back.

Well done that's wonderful!!! You're not far from the 2 stone mark at all now..exciting!

Here's to a 100% and happy weekend *raises water bottle* xxx

Well done that's great! Now that you have a great lose I'm sure your motivation will be higher :) stay strong over the weekend

How close am I to 2stone loss? I work in kg's and would be interested to know this..... your goals over in the UK seems to be a stone at a time...

Jillybeans, you have 1.7kg to go for the 2 stones mark as 1stone=6.35kg :)

Thank you!! I didnt know how to convert stones/lbs to Kgs'...

I'm seeing my consultant this morning who wants to move me onto eating the porridge and soups - not sure if I'm ready for this big step!!!!:confused:

Your consultant is a bit strange Jillybeans! porridge is allowed on CD SS from day 1, as are soups. No question about it! It's the bats they don't recommend for the first 2 weeks... Are you sure about her accreditation?
Already as tall as you are on only 3 products is bad without at least adding milk, but on top of it if she restrains your choices of "allowed" foods... Going though unnecessary pain if you as me... CD is hard enough as it is!

Hi everyone, I'm still here though haven't had the chance to get on this thread so have just caught up this morning! I have so far stuck 100% to ss and had my first weigh-in yesterday and lost 10lb!!!! Very happy indeed, have found it ok so far, day 1 was definitely the worst for me, just hoping I can stay motivated for the full 12 weeks :). Today I'm feeling like I want something, not sure what, cup of tea with milk would be lovely - getting very bored of water, black coffee and green tea I think! Hope everyone else is getting through the weekend ok!

I got through bookclub, where they had pizza and cake - and came home to scoff down a boiled egg and some chicken breast!!!!

It helps that my fridge is completely empty of anything to eat... so that will be my binge for today.

My consultant said I could eat porridge - but I've chosen not to purely coz I hate porridge and would rather have a shake.

She also said it was ok for me to have the egg and chicken "every so often, but not everyday" Opopppps.. I had chicken and egg last night too! I'm just PMS and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hungry!!! I stayed away from the pizza.... but its like I need to reward myself.... I know... I know... I've come so far, dont stuff it up now!!!

A question for the more informed : I'm into week 6 of SS - only thing I've eaten in the past 6 weeks has been 4 boiled eggs when I've REALLY been starving (I'm hard on myself) - well today I met my CDC and 'confessed' to this, she said it was ok for me to have a little something off the SS+ list every now and then, so today I had some chicken breast and a boiled egg - I had this at about 5pm, and I'm not hungry for my dinner shake. Do I still HAVE to have my shake, or can my meal substitute the shake for my dinner? (I know 2 shakes and a meal is step 3 - so not sure if I should be juggling the steps just yet so early on!?

Iv been on the cambridge diet for just over a months now lost a stone so far got another 4/5 to go!! Im feeling really guilty because today iv completely gone of my plan and ate solids lots of carbs!! Im not giving up just wondering weather it will stop me from losing weight once i get bk on it again will it work as good??? Help plz need lots of advice!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A question for the more informed : I'm into week 6 of SS - only thing I've eaten in the past 6 weeks has been 4 boiled eggs when I've REALLY been starving (I'm hard on myself) - well today I met my CDC and 'confessed' to this, she said it was ok for me to have a little something off the SS+ list every now and then, so today I had some chicken breast and a boiled egg - I had this at about 5pm, and I'm not hungry for my dinner shake. Do I still HAVE to have my shake, or can my meal substitute the shake for my dinner? (I know 2 shakes and a meal is step 3 - so not sure if I should be juggling the steps just yet so early on!?

Hi Jillybeans

I think you'd be best off having your third shake - you need the nutrition in it for optimum weight loss. Step 3 (the 1000 plan) is indeed 2 shakes - but it's 2 shakes and 2 meals and skimmed milk. It sounds like you've had just a little more than SS+ but not quite 810. And even on 810 you need 3 Cambridge products. So have your third shake to make sure you're getting everything you need.

As I've said befzore Jillybeans, given your height, you should already be having 4 shakes not 3, so that's not even an issue. If I'm not mistaken, step 2 IS 3 shakes AND a meal also. Best to stick with the plan or you may regret it later... remember, your body is a smart machine, it'll hang on to the weight if it thinks this is famine, and at this rate, not only are you tiring yourself, but your not giving your body the proper nutrients it needs to function properly; you might be undoing all the good you've been doing. My two cents worth

Hi Afsana, dust it offi Just get back on the wagon and go for your goal. YOU CAN DO IT. Sometimes, on CD we feel guilty for eating carbs. Cheating is cheating...it's just that carbs will take you out of ketosis, so start drinking water to flush it all out and move on. It won't stop you from losing weight, it may just stall it :D

Iv been on the cambridge diet for just over a months now lost a stone so far got another 4/5 to go!! Im feeling really guilty because today iv completely gone of my plan and ate solids lots of carbs!! Im not giving up just wondering weather it will stop me from losing weight once i get bk on it again will it work as good??? Help plz need lots of advice!!

Hi Afsana, dust it offi Just get back on the wagon and go for your goal. YOU CAN DO IT. Sometimes, on CD we feel guilty for eating carbs. Cheating is cheating...it's just that carbs will take you out of ketosis, so start drinking water to flush it all out and move on. It won't stop you from losing weight, it may just stall it :D

Lol thanks for makin me feel a tiny bit better :) its just so hard at times n specialy after cheating the whole day i feel as if all the hard wrk has gone dwn the drain n everthing iv lost is goiny to come bk to haunt me again lol

Guys I'm joining you :) I'm on day 4 it's been hard but got through. Help me along the way xxxx

Afsana, listen to Enlightenme's wise advice - it is so easy to just give up after a bad day and continue eating!!! One day will not do any longterm damage, as already said it will just stall your weigh loss! You have done so well to last a month on this diet as it is, this is just a blip!

Welcome diaryofacambridgebeauty, good to have more people joining us, you are over halfway through your first week so you will soon see the results and it will get easier!!!! I have found today hard, think its because it is the weekend, also out shopping with the kids and so much temptation around, had a small glass of coke zero which is a bit of a cheat but just needed something different to drink, just a one off I will not be doing this everyday:sigh:. I'm going to bed now to take my mind off things hoping to feel more in control tomorrow X

Back